Pete Carrol says he will RETURN next season!!!

Welshers2

Reaction score
Great news guys! Pete Carrol is coming back for a 15th season. He announced it on the radio today. This is huge we'd be lost without him.

I'm always going to be for bringing back the winningest coach in franchise history who won our sole Super Bowl

JPatera76

Reaction score
Well .. his contract is through the 2024 season… soooooo lol I’m not entirely surprised. I’ll worry at the end of next season and I hear the words “extension”

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I usually start my day off by looking in the mirror and saying things like:

"You're in great shape. Everyone loves you. You're successful. You're popular."

Then quickly realize I'm being a big fat phony. Is that what's going on here Welshers??

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I usually start my day off by looking in the mirror and saying things like:

"You're in great shape. Everyone loves you. You're successful. You're popular."

Then quickly realize I'm being a big fat phony. Is that what's going on here Welshers??
All I can say is that I am all of the things you listed!

Coach speak. He intends on returning. Jody could very well say no thank you and make him walk. Regardless, get ready for more of the same next year if he stays.
There's no way Jody isn't bringing back the best coach in franchise history!!

morgulon1

Reaction score
He's under contract through 2024 with an option for 2025 .

I'm not sure who's option.

Like I've been saying... I don't think Pete plans on making ANY changes . He even professed his love and admiration for Mr Jamal Adams. He's such a tough competitor!!!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Man listening to his 710 interview only cemented my thoughts. He had zero answers other than coach harder and the young guys will get better. Ironically it was the veterans who played below expectations. 7 straight years of bad defense. Last year they had two firsts, two seconds and poured a ton of FA money only to get actually worse. This year you have 1 first, no second round pick and no money. He also will not change from his soft zone defense they’ve ran for over a decade.

Yay for another 7-9 win season.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Man listening to his 710 interview only cemented my thoughts. He had zero answers other than coach harder and the young guys will get better. Ironically it was the veterans who played below expectations. 7 straight years of bad defense. Last year they had two firsts, two seconds and poured a ton of FA money only to get actually worse. This year you have 1 first, no second round pick and no money. He also will not change from his soft zone defense they’ve ran for over a decade.

Yay for another 7-9 win season.
Realistically with the talent they have was this better then a 9 win team? You can blame the roster on Pete, sure, but do you think with this group of guys they should have won more than 9 wins? Serious question BTW. I'm kind of conflicted on it

CPHawk

Reaction score
Great news guys! Pete Carrol is coming back for a 15th season. He announced it on the radio today. This is huge we'd be lost without him.

I'm always going to be for bringing back the winningest coach in franchise history who won our sole Super Bowl

But did Jody announce it?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Realistically with the talent they have was this better then a 9 win team? You can blame the roster on Pete, sure, but do you think with this group of guys they should have won more than 9 wins? Serious question BTW. I'm kind of conflicted on it
I’m kind of torn on it too. I blame Pete because he’s a massive part of the roster construction so it’s a main reason why I’m a little harder on him. I do think teams with less talent finished with a better record including the Rams in our own division.

My main issue is though I don’t think Pete at 73 is capable of doing what is needed to fix the main issues with this team. Ironically it’s not the offense or the QB it’s the defense.

James in PA

Reaction score
Jody supposedly hasn't had her end of year meeting yet with Pete. Hoping for a miracle. hoping she sees right through that rah rah BS we saw during his radio interview today.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Jody supposedly hasn't had her end of year meeting yet with Pete. Hoping for a miracle. hoping she sees right through that rah rah BS we saw during his radio interview today.
My guess is she doesn't care as long as the team is making money. Could be wrong though.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I’m kind of torn on it too. I blame Pete because he’s a massive part of the roster construction so it’s a main reason why I’m a little harder on him. I do think teams with less talent finished with a better record including the Rams in our own division.

My main issue is though I don’t think Pete at 73 is capable of doing what is needed to fix the main issues with this team. Ironically it’s not the offense or the QB it’s the defense.
Yeah I can agree with this. Pete is the one who got us into the terrible cap situation with two of the worst safeties in the league.