Pete Carroll and Brian Schottenheimer are liars.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
minormillikin":3pjgq5k7 said:
Thepeelsessions":3pjgq5k7 said:
Polk738":3pjgq5k7 said:
Definitely agree, Chris Carson is averaging 4 yards a carry an he only gets 6 freaking carries!!???? WTF? I really don't understand Pete's philosophy anymore, what happened to using the run to setup the pass?

I know it was only 6 carries, but 4 YPC is nothing to write home about. Some here speak of Carson like he's the second coming of Jim Brown.

4 per carry is more than good enough to keep running, though. I think they were averaging around 2 yards per pass at the time, so it's not like that was a superior option.

I totally agree, the run game was Superior to the pass game at that point. My point was so many here get so up in arms that Carson isn't getting carries, when the fact is he's never shown to be more than average. Last week, sure, he looked really good, but that was still a small sample. Last year, I was all about Carson, because he was head and shoulders better than what this team had, but even then, he was still incredibly average. He's never, on any level, proven to be more than a backup. This year, I'm not so sure he's the best back on this team like so many are claiming.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2l43hhzo said:
Thepeelsessions":2l43hhzo said:
King Dog":2l43hhzo said:
olyfan63":2l43hhzo said:
Penny got his touches this game, and looked like he belongs in the NFL.

Looking kind of portly out there
No. He he may not be chiseled like Adonis like Carson is, but he looked looked like an NFL back that's just getting started.
He looked like a mediocre NFL back. He averaged 3.0 yards per carry, and was taken down by simple arm tackles -- he also dropped a really easy pass over the middle. Didn't look explosive, and didn't have the burst that Carson did. I'm sick and tired of this "but he's a rookie argument". He was taken in the first round. If you're taking a running back in the first round you expect immediate production. The guy has 17 carries for 38 yards with a 2.2 YPC average. Please, tell me -- why even take a running back in the first round if he is not going to be "ready" by game one?

We need to focus on drafting linemen over the next few years and go from there. We are not in “win now” mode or at least shouldn’t be. Congrats to Sherman and Lynch for escaping

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1041894550502035456[/tweet]

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2o0riztx said:
minormillikin":2o0riztx said:
Thepeelsessions":2o0riztx said:
Polk738":2o0riztx said:
Definitely agree, Chris Carson is averaging 4 yards a carry an he only gets 6 freaking carries!!???? WTF? I really don't understand Pete's philosophy anymore, what happened to using the run to setup the pass?

I know it was only 6 carries, but 4 YPC is nothing to write home about. Some here speak of Carson like he's the second coming of Jim Brown.

4 per carry is more than good enough to keep running, though. I think they were averaging around 2 yards per pass at the time, so it's not like that was a superior option.

I totally agree, the run game was Superior to the pass game at that point. My point was so many here get so up in arms that Carson isn't getting carries, when the fact is he's never shown to be more than average. Last week, sure, he looked really good, but that was still a small sample. Last year, I was all about Carson, because he was head and shoulders better than what this team had, but even then, he was still incredibly average. He's never, on any level, proven to be more than a backup. This year, I'm not so sure he's the best back on this team like so many are claiming.
And Penny has looked better than Carson? Penny clearly looks like the inferior back to Carson at this point in time. 7 carries, 75 yards, averaging 5 yards per carry. Raashad Penny is averaging 2.2 yards per carry and only has around 30. Please, tell me -- why does Penny have more carries? Tell me how he isn't better than Penny?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Jville":7necbdao said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1041894550502035456[/tweet]

cool that he took the blame, but this is a pattern with our offense and Pete hasn't realized he needs to fix it.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":13b715lo said:
Thepeelsessions":13b715lo said:
minormillikin":13b715lo said:
Thepeelsessions":13b715lo said:

And Penny has looked better than Carson? Penny clearly looks like the inferior back to Carson at this point in time. 7 carries, 75 yards, averaging 5 yards per carry. Raashad Penny is averaging 2.2 yards per carry and only has around 30. Please, tell me -- why does Penny have more carries? Tell me how he isn't better than Penny?
Dude, it's not a bad thing if we agree to disagree. We obviously have different opinions regarding the backs on this team. If Penny 100% proves to be a bust, I'll happily eat my crow. But at the moment, I'm not sweating a lost slate of preseason games and 21 career touches through two games.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2y6eow6u said:
Last year, I was all about Carson, because he was head and shoulders better than what this team had, but even then, he was still incredibly average. He's never, on any level, proven to be more than a backup. This year, I'm not so sure he's the best back on this team like so many are claiming.
It's a legitimate point that Carson has only played in six full NFL games and that's a very small sample size. After the same amount of time with Rawls everybody thought we had our Lynch replacement.

That being said, Carson is averaging 4.7 YPC in his NFL career behind a very suspect offensive line, and none of our other backs are accomplishing nearly as much. The Chiefs were the most efficient rushing offense in the NFL last season with.. 4.7 YPC so you are right about the incredible part but wrong about the average part.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
No matter what Pete preaches about competition this is clearly not true. You don't draft a RB in the first round and not give him touches, which is standard M.O. across the league.

If you didn't believe it when we drafted Penny, you should now. The writing was on the wall for this to happen.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hey Pete.... Did you happen to notice you didn't have time for those "deep shots"?

Did you happen to notice they lead to 3 and outs just like last week?

Did you happen to notice you said you HAD to run the ball and you pulled Carson who you just said won the job again?

Did you happen to notice your Pete ball is destroying your QB by not allowing rhythm, moving the chains and 3rd and long to tee off on?

Dear Pete....please clean this up....you made it. :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1jtycdsl said:
Thepeelsessions":1jtycdsl said:
King Dog":1jtycdsl said:
olyfan63":1jtycdsl said:

No. He he may not be chiseled like Adonis like Carson is, but he looked looked like an NFL back that's just getting started.
He looked like a mediocre NFL back. He averaged 3.0 yards per carry, and was taken down by simple arm tackles -- he also dropped a really easy pass over the middle. Didn't look explosive, and didn't have the burst that Carson did. I'm sick and tired of this "but he's a rookie argument". He was taken in the first round. If you're taking a running back in the first round you expect immediate production. The guy has 17 carries for 38 yards with a 2.2 YPC average. Please, tell me -- why even take a running back in the first round if he is not going to be "ready" by game one?

Several times he started going down before he was even tackled.

Not impressed...looked like he was just going through the motions.

King Dog

Reaction score
johnnyfever":22q1gktf said:
Spin Doctor":22q1gktf said:
Thepeelsessions":22q1gktf said:
King Dog":22q1gktf said:

Several times he started going down before he was even tackled.

Not impressed...looked like he was just going through the motions.

Fattie

bigcc

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2z5uqveq said:
King Dog":2z5uqveq said:
olyfan63":2z5uqveq said:

You're on fire with these takes tonight... 10/30 doesn't exactly strike me as a man on a mission