Pete Carroll at UW spring training

NoGain

Reaction score
I still think he would have been a great hire for UW after DeBoer's unceremonious departure. The guy can still generate a buzz.

James in PA

Reaction score
I bet it's killing him not being out there doing his usual thing.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Pete stays away for a while, wound is too fresh first off, two he knows he would be a distraction and he respects the Organization, John and the players he had not to do that. He also knows that it would be stepping on Macs toes so to speak Advisor or not.

There has not been a lot of Pete Carroll news and talk other then the hypothetical 49er thing that made it's rounds briefly either, yet Bill has been all over the news.

Kind of wonder what he is looking at, he is getting paid anyway, but definitely keeping a low profile.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That man needs a red carpet everywhere he goes.
He may think he does. As far as I'm concerned, his poor coaching and personnel decisions led the franchise into mediocrity the past 5 seasons.

I mean you no disrespect, and I acknowledge that I'm a worthless nobody, but I'm glad he's gone as coach.

GemCity

Reaction score
Damn…I’m glad there’s been a sighting and he’s still in Seattle.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Pete could still be an effective college coach with the right staff.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Petes time as a coach is over and done period.
The new breed was not buying in to the old dog.
I look forward to his induction into Canton soon!

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if he took this year off and returned next year to coach another team. Yes, even at 73.

I can see the headlines now. "Pete Carroll makes his return to Seattle and leads (team x) against his former team"!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He may think he does. As far as I'm concerned, his poor coaching and personnel decisions led the franchise into mediocrity the past 5 seasons.

I mean you no disrespect, and I acknowledge that I'm a worthless nobody, but I'm glad he's gone as coach.

48-35 over those 5 years isn't mediocrity, though.

It's just disappointing compared to the absurd standard he set by putting together one of the most imposing and destructive forces the NFL has ever seen.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I think the biggest indictment is how bad the defense was over the last few years.
Aye. It wasn't great, especially given that in hindsight all he really had to do was hold stronger to his core defensive tenets rather than try to expand and modernize. Carroll's defense still works in the league, and he ceded control to dudes who tried to half-install a different tree of defense that happened to be figured out and destroyed at the exact moment that they attempted to switch.

Tragic. I can't defend Carroll for holding onto Hurtt or any of the principles of the 2022 defense. I will absolutely defend his overall aptitude, though. Became clearer over time that he was a legitimate quarterback whisperer, as well.

Sprfunk

Reaction score

I mean you no disrespect, and I acknowledge that I'm a worthless nobody, but I'm glad he's gone as
No offense taken in the least.

I have to agree with a lot of that. He was always off timeouts, clock management, challenges, and I hated some of the go for it in field goal range instead of 3.
He was, to varying opinions of blame, responsible for the underperfomance of team over the last few years. Rightfully so.
He has some of the blame for bad picks especially in the first round.

However, he is also just as to blame for building a juggernaut team, especially defensively. That d he built lasted as the top d for years. It's never been seen before.
He changed how the nfl played the game. The nfl had to change the rules to stop him.
He got us a ring, nearly another, and Nationwide nfl respect put on my Seahawks.
He rearranged the Narrative of soft Seattle teams to hard nose, bust your teeth out Alley browlers.

Now, that said, I didn't want him coaching the seahawks anymore. It was time. Perhaps past time...

All and all, I respect the heck out of him, and what he did here. The best Seahawks coach of all time.

Jville

Reaction score