Pete is now delusional......

PNW

Reaction score
"These guys didn't even try to run the football today. We didn't expect that to happen. We didn't think they would totally abandon the running game. We had a real nice plan for how they were gonna run it. We have to be able to adapt better."

“I don’t recognize that game. We haven’t seen us look like that. It’s a game that I don’t have any place in my brain for it,” said Carroll, whose team dropped to 6-2 on the season. “They (the Bills) made it look easy.”
-Pete Carroll

This is just embarrassing and sad to hear him be so clueless :roll:

Crizilla

Reaction score
did he not know Allen is having an MVP caliber season? Yeah this ones on Pete. Bills are good but they scored 18 against the Jets. Cmon...

TreeRon

Reaction score
PNW":afvekaon said:
"These guys didn't even try to run the football today. We didn't expect that to happen. We didn't think they would totally abandon the running game. We had a real nice plan for how they were gonna run it. We have to be able to adapt better."

“I don’t recognize that game. We haven’t seen us look like that. It’s a game that I don’t have any place in my brain for it,” said Carroll, whose team dropped to 6-2 on the season. “They (the Bills) made it look easy.”
-Pete Carroll

I don't find it embarrassing, I find it honest that he admits they were totally unprepared. What is or will be, frustrating is that he may not do a thing about it to make sure it doesn't happen again.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I agree this logic is delusional. for one our secondary is god awful so every team should be expecting to throw 90% of the time. especially when we have several members of the secondary out with injury. plus our offense does score a lot of points so opposing offenses know they have to sling it around to keep up. Pete should know going forward for the next 8 games that teams will not bother with the run, why would they.

so ironic we had an elite defense with a slow offense and now the roles are completely reversed.

RCATES

Reaction score
Pete’s off his rocker. I thought the plan was to always make your opponent one dimensional. Guess not when your pass coverage is absolute garbage.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Dunbar had no business playing if he is injured and getting abused like that. Should have just pulled him and put DJ Reed in. Our corners are so afraid to get beat deep we let teams spend 10 minutes driving down the field on 10 yard curl/out routes.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Rember when Tom Cable held the team hostage from 2015 to 2017?

Pete has always been delusional, in many ways it is one of his most important strengths.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You could easily see that Dunbar was playing hurt. He was hobbling out there, there's zero reason to have him out there. I suspect that is Griffin was available he would have sat him.
Shoot, a backup would have done a lot better. He's a good player, but playing on one knee isn't helping this team one bit. I appreciate the effort and him trying to play thru it, but the coach has to know when enough is enough.

zchurch74

Reaction score
This is not Pete’s first game he admitted they were unprepared. This is not acceptable. I’m not saying fire him or he shouldn’t get the extension but he has to be better.

I think what Pete means is, “the bills, they suck, we won’t have issues with them”. Then down 14 he was like, WTF???!!!???

What I don’t understand is Pete is supposed to be the defensive mastermind. Why is this defense so bad? Is he giving complete control to KNJ?

ducks41468

Reaction score
He says this every week and nothing changes anyway so these are basically just throwaway soundbites to placate fans that he clearly deems are too dumb to understand a defensive genius like him.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
Personally I would prefer if Pete would just take over the defense full time so we know who to blame, let’s unveil who’s behind the curtain. If all the sudden we get better (doubtful) then we know it was KNJ, if we get even worse (if that’s even possible) then we know it was Pete all along.

TypeSly

Reaction score
That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard from a coach. Hey Pete, it's called "in-game adjustments".

Just a lame ass excuse not to fire somebody.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Usually one to defend Pete but him saying they thought a pretty good offense built on passing the ball more than most teams would suddenly decide to run against THE WORST PASS DEFENSE IN NFL HISTORY is baffling. The only team who didn't completely scrap the run game was the Vikings. Even the Patriots who might have a bottom 5 offense in the NFL passed the ball freely all over the field. I've noticed Pete is definitely starting to take the heat for KNJ, something he did for the OC's before moving on from them (3 years late).

That side of the ball needs to be burned to the ground. Scheme, preparation, assistant coaches, DC, underperforming players. I can't believe we are even saying this on a Pete Carroll run team but that's where we are. This offense has a real shot at the SB if they can simply be average on defense.

Teams that are looking to the draft already show more competitiveness and strategy on defense than this group.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It takes courage to admit you made a mistake.

This also comes across as annoying and frustrating from the fans perspective.
Hopefully the players don't lose confidence in him.

Hopefully he doesn't get totally out-coached by Mcvay next week like he usually does.

Msfann

Reaction score
When your D is so bad that you have to score every single drive for a chance to win maybe it's not the best idea to kick the ball off to start the game. It was basically over once buffalo scored first.

samwize77

Reaction score
PNW":dbs7ki67 said:

-Pete Carroll

And heres your problem Pete. The Bills did not "make it look easy"...it WAS easy!!

HawkerD

Reaction score
This loss is Raw right now. Those 2 Super Bowls and the LOB are still visible in the rearview mirror. This generation of fans will continue to hold a special place in their hearts and minds for PC. He may even find himself in Canton. PC has cracked the code when it comes to being a motivational leader of young millionaires as a on the field coach, history will be unkind to him.

A couple of years of off the chart draft picks, UDFA signings and FA acquisitions will be seen as an anomaly which he has been living off ever since. The supposed secondary guru has been an abysmal failure in that area ever since. The supposed defensive genius is sham. He continues to turn lemonade into lemons week after week and has decided he likes the lemons as the pass defense remains static.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
And yet the sun still rose today, and the team is still in 1st place. This was never going to be a team that went 15-1 or even 13-3. That doesn't mean we can't win the division or even compete for the 1 seed. We will. The sky has not fallen.

And oh yeah, we won't have to fly 3,000 miles again for another 10:00am kickoff. And maybe, just maybe, we'll have our star running back available. I don't care if the D gives up 44 again. If we score 45, I'm good with that. If you're unhappy, so be it.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
About to change the title of the thread to “Pete is now delusional and some of his fans are following suit.......”

Latest posts