Pete says they are going to run the ball more

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":25xptjmc said:
Just win the damn game, couldn't care less what it looks like.

Doesn't get any more clear than this. :2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
I have no problem running a bit more than week 1, and likely they will. The problem I have is running too predictably and continuing to try and squeeze blood out of a turnip when it's not working, and the D is playing run first and going back to R-R-P-Punt (PeteBall) for 2-3 quarters. :141847_bnono:

tersal

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1yf1nqcz said:
Just win the damn game, couldn't care less what it looks like.

Just win the damn Superbowl, couldn't care less what it looks like.[/quote]

kf3339

Reaction score
Mad Dog":39b346n2 said:
Patriots have a pretty good pass defense and a pretty weak front seven, so running the ball may be part of the recipe. But screens and short passes to Carson need to be part of the gameplan as well as a few read options.

Elite QB's shouldn't be afraid of any pass defense, and I seriously doubt RW is at all. That doesn't mean to just throw the ball for the h$ll of it. But it does mean challenging them enough that they can't sit on the run or short passing attacks. Just be creative and out think their defensive scheme.

At least that would be my plan and not waiting to the fourth quarter to start playing the game.

D

DomeHawk

kf3339":3t6bn28q said:
Mad Dog":3t6bn28q said:
Patriots have a pretty good pass defense and a pretty weak front seven, so running the ball may be part of the recipe. But screens and short passes to Carson need to be part of the gameplan as well as a few read options.

Elite QB's shouldn't be afraid of any pass defense, and I seriously doubt RW is at all. That doesn't mean to just throw the ball for the h$ll of it. But it does mean challenging them enough that they can't sit on the run or short passing attacks. Just be creative and out think their defensive scheme.

At least that would be my plan and not waiting to the fourth quarter to start playing the game.

You make good points here, RW is good enough to defeat even very good pass D's. I think one of the questions becomes, how many points do we need to score? That question remains unanswered but the Falcons threw up 450 yds passing last week albeit w/a great passing attack but this DB is going to have to tighten it up. Otherwise, we are going to have to score as many points as we can and that won't happen with run-run-pass.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I fully expect A LOT of passes to the TE’s as the LB’s are The Cheatriots weakness on defense.

Mick063

Reaction score
The folks that don't watch Russ every week, like we do, are in the habit of framing him as he was instead of what he currently is. I noticed a bit of that on the Patriots board. You don't get this from Belichik though. He reviewed the video from last week and then made a full throated confessional. "There isn't a better player" This wasn't typical pre game schmooze. You could see/feel his sincerity. Russ pitched a perfect game against the Falcons and the GOAT coach knows what he is in for.

You can't argue with ordinary Joes that have their minds made up though. So it will be extra delightful to watch the reigning Defensive MVP get lit up. There I said it. Russ is going to light up that vaunted secondary. And even after that, the deniers will claim that Russell isn't elite or historically great.

Oh well. It will be fun to read their melt down afterwards.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
The NE CB's allow them to play man coverage successfully. In this game they'll probably also assign a db to spy on Wilson to limit his scrambling. The Hawks will see 6 in the box and elect to run, and they'll be successful with it. Then NE will try to tighten up in the rz and force field goals, trading 3 points for 6 minutes of clock. Then NE's offense will have a 6 minute drive. That's the type of game they want, a 10-6 halftime score.