Pete's Monday Presser w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Scheduled for 3:00 pm Seattle time, but you never can be too sure with these things.

Hoping to get some more information on injured players coming back, but may have to wait til later in the week.

pehawk

Reaction score
You do the lords work here Kid.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm finally able to tune into one, live. I'm wondering how chippy he'll be today.

Thanks for the reminder, KID. You rule, homie.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Said the start of this game felt the closest we've been to really being on it. Loved the way our defense has played the last few weeks.

Lots of guys getting their first starts. Said they played tough and had a good effort but didn't always play well.

Said it depends on good fortune, but we are likely to have 4 guys back to playing this week (realistically) and the outer chance is 8 (much less likely)

Said they need to make a transaction to get Lane back on the team and that decision will be made later this week.

Lots of props to Mebane.

Chancellor and Okung were both mild strains that happened late in the week and there just wasn't enough time to get right.

Then added that Kam will be back this week and that makes at least 5 guys he expects back

Spoke more on how valuable the experience gained by playing the young guys is to the team down the road.

Said the special teams issues are partially due to the fact that injuries have pulled guys from normal assignments so they've had to move some guys around. There is a lot of effort but there are growing pains making mistakes because of their lack of experience. Reiterated that these mistakes will help them and us in the long run.

Said Russell's timing was off but they'll learn from the experience and move on from it.

Said he likes having all the division games so late because it leaves it all out there, and that in our situation this year, that is a good thing.

Miller and Wagner...Wagner is improving quickly. He's ahead of schedule. Not this week but pretty quick. Zach is running on the apparatus (a machine they run on) and made strides today. Seemed that Miller is going to be longer than Wagner.

Said he was pleased with the linebacker group this week.

said Shead did pretty good. Said he's never played that many snaps at the position, but all in all played very well. Had a few crucial miss tackles but overall did well.

On Carpenter it's an ankle sprain, not sure on seriousness. Scruggs has a sore knee....day to day, but it sounded relatively positive. Baldwin he said he's ok.

Said there was some mis-communication on offense with the new guys out there. Said we survived and the qb didn't get killed. Said we are better this week for having gone through the line issues.

Said he didn't remember ever being in the situation he was in where he had active players on the sideline who he didn't want to put in the game due to injury situations.

on Baldwin returning punts. Said he did ok but there were some issues that he'd rather have gone another way. Said they'll do something this week. (to me it almost sounded like he may be trying someone new in the position but that's just speculation on my part)

on Coyle...said he was active, had some good tough hits. Played sharp like he did in practice. Said KJ kept stealing all the tackles, but they did really good against the run.

Said he thought the pass rush was good. Said the qb efficiency rating has been down for opposing qb's lately and that is due to our increased pressures. Said he's certain they've gotten better.

On Simon. Said he did very well, even stuck routes when they weren't going his way. Said they are really excited about him

On Britt struggling...Said he got pushed a few times but played a pretty good game.

That's it for today. Next presser is Wednesday

nanomoz

Reaction score
Pete needs to spend some dough on a good moisturizer. His neck is starting to look like the back of Farah Fawcett's elbows.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
He sounded a little more optimistic about Wagner's recovery than he has in recent weeks. Sounds like his return might be just around the corner (although not this week). I'll take that!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seems more and more amazing that we won given all the injury chaos going around.

And I agree on the value of depth. Easy to say because we won, but knowing what we have (or don't have) in guys like Simon, Shead, Schilling, Bailey, KPL, Coyle, Morgan, Michael, Willson, Helfet, and Tufakukuu(?) will make front-office decisions a LOT easier down the road.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Baldwin was a knee issue but he will be just fine. Said that most of the team is banged up a bit...(but that is the way of the game for the most part). I added my bit to that last sentence. I watched most of the presser...but not all. :shock:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Our TE situation doesn't sound overly encouraging. Not even in Pete-speak. Typically I'd see the same positives Pete sees (young guys getting reps, good for our future) but I'm not so sure if this is pertinent to our roster of TEs.

Willson has taken a huge step backwards (in my eyes) and the way he's playing out there barely warrants future consideration with the team. He reminds me a lot John Carlson (II). Started out looking like the real deal then faded in huge fashion as he got more involved with the offense. Not giving up on him by a long shot, but again it looks like TE will need to be addressed, probably higher in the draft than I had hoped. We've suddenly went from a team of few needs, to needs across the board, and why I get down on what I describe as luxury picks like Michael.

Thanks for the thread!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":8ewejbah said:
Seems more and more amazing that we won given all the injury chaos going around.

And I agree on the value of depth. Easy to say because we won, but knowing what we have (or don't have) in guys like Simon, Shead, Schilling, Bailey, KPL, Coyle, and Morgan will make front-office decisions a LOT easier down the road.

He addressed that too....said that having 47 guys on the field that want to go and cant...hurts. Said that our center was in a mood...but he works thru it. Starting Center...
All our guys are aggressive workers that wanna play. That is why they built this team on the competitive spirit and we still survive the easy games by putting in our backups to allow them to gain experience. Now( and I heard this at the presser) He is not sure if the people that played yesterday are gonna be out for Sunday or the ones coming off injury are. The new kids on the block need the experience too. That is what I got out of that part of the presser. Go HAWKS.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Was he asked at all about Luke Willson and/or Jermain Kearse and how inefficient the offense has been lately when targeting them?

grizbob

Reaction score
kidhawk, you are an asset to .net!!! Much grass amigo :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2yh3bl4p said:
Was he asked at all about Luke Willson and/or Jermain Kearse and how inefficient the offense has been lately when targeting them?

Nothing quite so specific. There was talk of how Russell was not very accurate yesterday, and lots of little issues brought about by having so many inexperienced guys out there, causing some mis-communications.