Pete's Monday Presser w/synopsis

mikeak

Reaction score
capncrunch":1tmxr3qg said:
pehawk":1tmxr3qg said:
I loved going for it on 4th. This team needs those calls.

Word.

Lots of us - me included - think going for it on the 4th down is actually the less risky decision

You put your opponent that moved the ball at will (at time) on the 1 / 2 yard line with less ability to do things. You put your defense in a better position and had a high chance of forcing a punt from their own end-zone. You put safety, blocked punt and a great return all into a more likely scenario than if you kick for 3.

Now add to this that you had bad return coverage and problems stopping the run all through the game.

I have absolutely no issues with the 4th down going for it. It came out as calculated when it failed as well. Not great field position but pretty damn good. You did get two good shots at winning the game on that play.

I hate the playcall though.....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
mikeak":2j11esxv said:
capncrunch":2j11esxv said:
pehawk":2j11esxv said:

Word.

Lots of us - me included - think going for it on the 4th down is actually the less risky decision

You put your opponent that moved the ball at will (at time) on the 1 / 2 yard line with less ability to do things. You put your defense in a better position and had a high chance of forcing a punt from their own end-zone. You put safety, blocked punt and a great return all into a more likely scenario than if you kick for 3.

Now add to this that you had bad return coverage and problems stopping the run all through the game.

I have absolutely no issues with the 4th down going for it. It came out as calculated when it failed as well. Not great field position but pretty damn good. You did get two good shots at winning the game on that play.

I wanted to see a RO on that play rather than up the gut after our starting center had left the game due to injury.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":5j338mjs said:
I wanted to see a RO on that play rather than up the gut after our starting center had left the game due to injury.

FWIW the Lewis got pretty good push on that play. Sweezy on the other hand most certainly did not.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":vi4mrpy6 said:
How come he didn't say anything about Bevell needing to be better at calling plays? For such a major issue he doesn't seem to be doing much about it.
Perhaps Bevell's play calling is fine.! Pete knows, you don't.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Donn2390":33d2puux said:
Zebulon Dak":33d2puux said:
How come he didn't say anything about Bevell needing to be better at calling plays? For such a major issue he doesn't seem to be doing much about it.
Perhaps Bevell's play calling is fine.! Pete knows, you don't.

I thought that too but I have been shown the light!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
mikeak":3vf26of0 said:
capncrunch":3vf26of0 said:
pehawk":3vf26of0 said:

Word.

What sucks is I think we had the perfect playcall dialed up and Reid saw his defense was screwed and called a very smart TO. Then Bevell basically had to go to Plan B, which is only good for that night you mess up.*

(* - thats for you pehawk)

XOXO

Paul Miranda