Petes Wednesday Presser ON NOW (links)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Well I've read the sarcastic posts about him but was there any real news on Percy? I have to ask on this threads because the nazirators locked all the others.

Polaris

Reaction score
brimsalabim":yu1i6gwm said:
Well I've read the sarcastic posts about him but was there any real news on Percy? I have to ask on this threads because the nazirators locked all the others.

Not practicing today. Based on prior patterns, that's a strong indicator that he's probably not going to play this Sunday, but that won't be official until Friday.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2lvikguj said:

Did you create a bunch of useless threads that got nuked? The mods do a good job here.

AgentDib

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1knkta8u said:
2) Finally taking some credit for how well they've (he and JS) handled drafting and pointing out the criticism that they've taken for many of their picks.
I think the more interesting part in this presser was how he emphasized the coaching angle.

Pete Carroll":1knkta8u said:
We've done a really nice job of picking up guys that fit and then we've done a nice job of coaching. I think Chris and Rocky, that take care of those guys, have done a great job of molding those guys into the style that we like and so it's a joint venture to get that done. The guys have come through in great fashion though.

Pete Carroll":1knkta8u said:
I would like to think that we have a real good style about us, and the way we coach them. What we've done, we've done this for years, and if you look back there have been a lot of corners that we've coached over the years that have done real well. They're all getting coached exactly the same way that they were years ago and there's a real formula to it. Fortunately we have drafted guys or acquired guys that could take to it. Chris and Rock and I have been working on this for a long time and I'm not surprised by it, I'm just thrilled that we have the kind of depth that we have.

For some reason it is easy for fans to dismiss the element of coaching itself. If you asked most people their opinion on a coach or coaching staff they will first talk about motivational abilities, leadership, or gameday decisions like playcalling and what yardage they attempt to kick field goals from. And if you ask them about coaching itself, they will probably end up talking about the scheme. The individual player coaching is easy to forget about because we never see the meetings, the film sessions, or the one-on-one instructions. And yet, when it comes to the NFL I think this is one of the biggest contributions a coaching staff can make.

There is a reason that Pete Carroll has good secondary players and that Ron Rivera has good front seven players. They are excellent positional coaches who have mentored other excellent positional coaches and together help their players to excel at those positions.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":14l9ig3o said:
brimsalabim":14l9ig3o said:

Did you create a bunch of useless threads that got nuked? The mods do a good job here.

no. I did not create any of them. for the record I think they do a great job but I believe they are overboard in refusing to allow a Harvin thread at all.

Latest posts