Pete's Wednesday Presser w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
Watch Here: [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Listen Here: [urltargetblank]http://player.liquidcompass.net/KIROAM[/urltargetblank]

Scheduled for 12:25 Seattle time. (I don't know why all press conferences don't start at 12 after the hour)

I'll post my synopsis as best I can as he speaks

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Opened saying they are glad to be home this week.

Said Raiders have had a big transition with coaching change and they play hard and play tough. Said Carr has looked terrific. Said he's got our attention.

Asked what he saw from Carr in the pre season game. Said he tore us up. Thinks they believe that Carr is a down the field guy. Said he throws the deep ball and the timing stuff underneath.

On Wagner and Miller. Zach had a good meeting with his doctors. Said he made a big jump in treatment over the weekend. Said Bobby is moving along and got a good report. Neither will be ready.

LJ Forte is activated from practice squad to play defense and another guy (Will Tukuafu) was signed to play FB.

Unger is going to practice. Will see how he makes it through the week.

Maxwell is still day to day

On the Tampa Bay game last year being similar...said they've used that game as an example before, as it was kind of a wake up call to stick with our fundamentals regardless of our opponent.

Said Pierre-Lewis looked good last week and plays really fast.

Said he's trying to find a balance between blitzes and 4 man rushes to keep pressure. Thought they did a good job last week.

Said they will see if Tukuafu will be active or not this week. He was just signed so they still want to see what he's got.

Walters is practicing today

Carpenter feels ok

Johnson still waiting for him to go through the concussion protocol.

on Returns, said Paul was still in the running with Walters back, but we'll see how the week goes. (Basically his standard no answer answer)

Spoke highly of Walters sure-handedness

Asked about Hurry up offense success. He said it's always available as an option to us but it's dependent on the situation, but it is a good mode for us and they won't hesitate to use it when necessary.

on PRich's size. Says he's a natural athlete and will challenge every catch. Says he's got a natural agility and is extremely smart. He's a speed guy and he's very elusive.

on having the Mary'sville team there yesterday. Said it was an amazing experience to feel their gratitude. Said watching their reaction to seeing guys like Sherman, Thomas, Wagner etc. shake hands and take pictures was tremendous. Reiterated how great it was for Oak Harbor to forfeit the playoff game and that they are going to try to get them in sometime next week.

That's it for today. Will post the full video link once it's up on the Seahawks' website

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tukuafu is a former UDFA in Pete's first year, then he went to the Niners.

Interesting pick up

marko358

Reaction score
Thanks for the recap!

Not sure why we don't do Richardson for kick-offs and Norwood for punts. Walters is not NFL caliber to me.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
For those who want to watch it, the video is up on .com now

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-9-Wednesday-Press-Conference/e353e1d3-f276-4e5a-94ce-253e0d898387[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
12 points from Pete's Press Conference from the official website:

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/12-Takeaways-From-Pete-Carroll-LJ-Fort-Will-Tukuafu-signed-Max-Unger-returns-to-practice/6f62adc4-772c-4bc5-98c0-ac30328bab76[/urltargetblank]

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'm glad he mentioned the similarities between last year's Tampa game. We do not need any more wake-up calls. They need to go out there, play the Raiders hard for 4 quarters, and not wait until the end of the game to take them seriously.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":19y76os8 said:
I'm glad he mentioned the similarities between last year's Tampa game. We do not need any more wake-up calls. They need to go out there, play the Raiders hard for 4 quarters, and not wait until the end of the game to take them seriously.

To be clear, when he said that about the Tampa game, he was asked whether he'd brought it up. He said not for this game in particular but they have brought it up over the course of time between now and then to emphasize that they need to be strong in their fundamentals no matter who the opponent is.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Well then... Pete, if you're reading this, let's try to prevent another Tampa type game. . And, Pete, you really should stop reading fan forums, and do something more relaxing in your free time.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well the last FB we got from S.C. didn't do to bad.

Could be defense and FB in short yardage though.

dunceface

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up

I'm on the P-Rich/Norwood return wagon as well

SirTed

Reaction score
marko358":3cc8kz4s said:
Thanks for the recap!

Not sure why we don't do Richardson for kick-offs and Norwood for punts. Walters is not NFL caliber to me.

I like Walters on punt returns, just because I feel like he does a great job holding onto the ball and getting a few positive yards. Not sure what his average is, but I think league average is right around 9yrds, so he's right around there (technically he's 11th right now).

I liked what I saw on the KO returns from PRich. To my eye speed matters more on kickoffs because, assuming you can actually return it, you're way more likely to get to top speed before any contact is made. Walters just doesn't have the speed (IMO, strictly eyeball test) to be effective on kickoffs.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
minormillikin":1c64oz5d said:
Well then... Pete, if you're reading this, let's try to prevent another Tampa type game. . And, Pete, you really should stop reading fan forums, and do something more relaxing in your free time.
IIRC the Tampa game last year was after a Monday night game the previous week, they already have been through the Tampa type game this year. It was the Rams game. Unfortunately they didn't win it.

Latest posts