Peyton Manning and the NFL?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
main":uctn6blh said:
Good. I'm not the only one nervous about this. I hope it will not happen, but the NFL serious LOVES PEYTON MANNING. This Super Bowl theme seems to be: "Can Manning add another ring to his resume to capitalize his legacy?"

Man, I don't know if I can handle another Super Bowl XL again.

The NFL loved Kurt Warner, too, and the Steelers still won SB 43, even though there were no big retirements or anything.

And I don't know how it hasn't sunk in yet, but the NFL seriously LOVES THE SEAHAWKS too. If you haven't pick up on how much media coverage Seattle's gotten this year and how much Russell Wilson has been fawned over, then you haven't been paying attention and are falling back on some kind of inferiority complex.

In 2005, we were an out-of-nowhere team. In 2013, we are one of the marquee teams.

Wartooth

Reaction score
It has crossed my mind, the talking heads, and the NFL love themselves some Peyton!
It has bothered me a lot more after Goodell waded into the whole Sherm thing...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...sherman-to-present-himself-in-a-positive-way/
Guys getting busted for everything under the sun, not a peep out of Goodell...
Sherm spouts off after making the biggest play of his life, Rog says he needs to 'represent himself' better...
I swear though, if the NFL screws this team out of another SB victory...
I'm done!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Kixkahn":l79mlykl said:
Hawkstorian":l79mlykl said:
We are such a nervous, paranoid fan base. Just stop it!
Only because the bobble heads are so busy kissing Mannings ass. :229031_banghead:
It's not so much the Kissing that bugs the hell outta me, it's the Super Glue that they've used to attach their lips to 'Perfect Peytons' ass

Hawks46

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1gxkpvna said:
Love or hate Richard Sherman's interview, he successfully derailed the national dialogue for at least a week.

Other things working in our favor are Peyton not declaring he's retiring and the complete lack of Bronco storylines out of Denver.

The effect of Percy's return, the historic LOB, the rugged NFCCG and the offense's "struggle" will help keep the Hawks relevant.

Yea if Manning was retiring, we'd be screwed for sure. If he announced that, I honestly wouldn't even watch the SB, I know what would happen.

I have a bad feeling about the refs to be sure, but if there's one team that won't get boned in the SB, it would be our team. Seriously, if it was egregious again, I could see Allen seeking legal means to prove the league is imposing loss of profit and unfair business environment.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
Normally, I'm inclined to talk well about us Hawk fans in very complimentary terms, but everyone needs to stop bitching about how we got screwed out of Super Bowl XL. Yes it was incredibly marred by horrible officiating (the DJack OPI, the phantom hold, the phantom td by Rothlesburger) but enough is enough. Get over this "kicked dog" syndrome.
There is no large level diabolical plot to get P.Mann his 2nd ring. There would be too many people involved to keep it a secret. 12 people were too many to keep watergate a secret. Every ref would have to be dirty and smart enough to not get caught in a lie. Too many of them are just too stupid to keep a secret.