PFF grade, Pocic

BASF

Reaction score
Very curious what grade he received for our game against the Browns. There was very little mention of crow regarding him this week. Anyone have the number?

toffee

Reaction score
Pocic: 71.4 overall, 72.7 on pass blocking, 67.3 on run blocking.

Our own Evan: 61.8 overall, 70.5 pass blocking, 53.8 run blocking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
Pocic: 71.4 overall, 68.6 on pass blocking, 67.3 on run blocking.

Our own Evan: 61.8 overall, 70.5 pass blocking, 53.8 run blocking.
That seems good. Is that good? Should people here be eating crow?

Thanks for the answer

toffee

Reaction score
I disagree with PFF's grading but the lowest grading from our offense players in this game:

Geno: 57.5 overall, 57.4 passing, 58.9 running
Cross: 45.4 overall, 55.5 pass block, 33.3 run block
Lewis: 45.3 overall, 67.2 pass block, 44.4 run block
PFF really liked Stone Forsythe, he is the 2nd highest graded
Stone: 84.3 overall, 62.9 pass block, 94.6 run block

toffee

Reaction score
That seems good Is that good? Should people here be eating crow?

Thanks for the answer
I was surprised and disappointed that we let Pocic walked, at the time, I felt like he was doing ok and improving after he played center. Basically, we waste his years here playing him all over the OL instead of letting him be the center. I think PFF agreed with my observation:
Pocic

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
Ethan Pocic is more expensive, he signed at 3 year, $18 million contract, or $6 million a year. Evan Brown is making $2.25 million this year. And Olu may be our center of the future.

toffee

Reaction score
Ethan Pocic is more expensive, he signed at 3 year, $18 million contract, or $6 million a year. Evan Brown is making $2.25 million this year. And Olu may be our center of the future.
True but Blythe ws $4mil and played poorly.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
Pocic wasn't more expensive when we could have re-signed him. He barely got anything from the Browns. It wasn't until he got away from Me3 making him look bad that the league saw his actual worth.

toffee

Reaction score
Pocic wasn't more expensive when we could have re-signed him. He barely got anything from the Browns. It wasn't until he got away from Me3 making him look bad that the league saw his actual worth.
And we waste his rookie contract years playing him all over the line, if memory serves, he even played some tackles, but mostly guards, lol, fewer snaps at center.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Evan Brown hasn't given up a sack and has no penalties on the season. I'm pretty sure his hurries/hits numbers are non-existant as well. So, who cares what Pocic is doing wirh the Browns?

Seattle has a solid center and a what looks to be a good backup/future starter. Haven't seen either Brown/Olu brought up as a negative all season. Which Seattle hasn't seen since Unger was traded, and have been chasing ever since. They got their dogs now.

In comparison Pocic was pretty consistantly getting whipped around here for his physical attributes and lack of being an anchor on the line. Whether he deserved it or not doesn't matter, when optics (to fans) is everything.

TLDR; Brown/Olu are fantastic upgrades on the line, who cares about the Browns.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
PFF thought Ryan Neal was Ed Reed while in Seattle, and this year he is literally the NFL's only DB who opposing QBs have a perfect passer rating against.

keasley45

Reaction score
PFF thought Ryan Neal was Ed Reed while in Seattle, and this year he is literally the NFL's only DB who opposing QBs have a perfect passer rating against.

Yet... there were a few who thought we should cut bate with Adams and keep Neal...

Neal was great because he understood the defense and had a knack for being Johnny on the spot. But he was severely lacking in physical tools. If he couldn't sniff out the play, he looked like a liability.