PFF Top Rated Rookies Through 2 Weeks

Welshers2

Reaction score
#1, whouda' thunk it, Jalen Carter. I know Spoon has only played one game and he may turn out to be a superstar in his own right. But there's no doubt that barring injury Carter is going to be an absolute monster. Our d-line could really have used him.

1. DI Jalen Carter, Philadelphia Eagles: 90.2

2. TE Will Mallory, Indianapolis Colts: 88.3

Definetely gonna turn into a steal for the Colts

3. RB Bijan Robinson, Atlanta Falcons: 86.1

Looks like the high RB pick is panning out

4. LB Ivan Pace Jr., Minnesota Vikings: 85.2

5. WR Puka Nacua, Los Angeles Rams: 85.0

Last edited:

Scout

Reaction score
Even though the Eagles had a lot of departures in the off season and injuries in their secondary that front seven is relentless. Desai has areas where he can improve but he has been a D coordinator before so he knows the drill.

Having Davis and Carter in a lineup makes it much tougher on teams.

Bradberry and Dean out created some issues for the Eagles defense to navigate but Desai had a plan in place.

KinesProf

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind going forward re: Carter/Spoon, is that Spoon is likely to be an every down player who will end up playing close to 90-100% of defensive snaps every week. Carter, given his conditioning and the dline depth that the Eagles have, is a rotational piece.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Cool another Carter thread masked as something else.

Why don’t you include like maybe 4 additional rookies. Because if this going to a Carter thread I’ll just merge in with other Carter threads.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
#1, whouda' thunk it, Jalen Carter. I know Spoon has only played one game and he may turn out to be a superstar in his own right. But there's no doubt that barring injury Carter is going to be an absolute monster. Our d-line could really have used him.

Dude, let it go.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score

Why don’t you include like maybe 4 additional rookies. Because if this going to a Carter thread I’ll just merge in with other Carter threads.
I just found a CBS article that adds more names to the list (scroll down to see their projected rookie defensive leaders). It seems to me that this is a topic well worth of discussion. More on that later.

Will Anderson Jr would have been my first choice, but that would have meant the Hawk's would have had to trade up to get him, and that is hard to do early in the first round. Still though, I find this to be a valid comparison, with the possible add-on that Jail'n Carter could be out of the league at any given time for "behavior" reasons.

Also interesting is that CBS has at least three other rookie defensive backs are already ranked ahead of Witherspoon. Of course this is going to happen to unavailable players, but availability counts too!

Seahawk's already had a strong secondary prior to this draft, and their most glaring weakness was run defense. It just didn't make sense to me that the Hawk's would force their opposition to run even more against them.

That's why I wanted to add to the thread here, because I do find it to be a thread with a lot of relevance to it.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I wonder what is going to be the biggest dead horse on this board… Creed Humphrey or Jalen Carter.

Fit is everything in the NFL. And Philly has Jordan Davis, Nolan Smith, Nakobe Dean, Kelee Ringo. They are the Philly Bulldogs at this point. It has been reported how the dudes in the locker room at Georgia (specifically Jordan Davis) kept Carter in line. This can’t be understated. Philly has made Carter uniquely comfortable in a way that is rare and unrepeatable. It’s like being hired into the family business vs. leaving your hometown to a new city and starting at the bottom for a Fortune 500 company. There’s a difference there.

Look at Marshawn with the Bills. He talks about how moving to Buffalo messed with him and why he struggled to focus on football. It’s a real thing. I know we want to treat these players as if they are robots and they have madden ratings and that’s all that matters. But just because Carter is playing well in Philly, does not mean he’d have the same success in Seattle. And that could have nothing to do with the organization. It could be distance from family, it could be he doesn’t jive with the city culture, etc.

All this is real. All of this was likely considered and factored into the decision not to draft him.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score

my bad, I didn't even notice any other Carter threads in here. But I went ahead and added the top 5 of the rookies as well. I think it's an interesting article overall

JPatera76

Reaction score
my bad, I didn't even notice any other Carter threads in here. But I went ahead and added the top 5 of the rookies as well. I think it's an interesting article overall
You’re good and thank you! I also apologize if what I said originally came off as rude or mean, it surely wasn’t intended as such.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
What I find most interesting is this, the more the league tries to favor offenses, the more valuable these young defensive players seem to become. Does anybody want to start QB Bryce Young now?

Screenshot 2023 09 21 130916

RedAlice

Reaction score

I didn’t read the link, but hey since you made a request.

Nacua
Avila
Young
Turner

Not sure three of those make any lists, but Hawks have certainly seen them.

Maybe.

I think so.