PFT's Exec of the year

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think it's a bit hyperbolic to say getting Harvin was the worst move in team history. No, he's not great if you look only at his receiving numbers, but he isn't meant to be used as a pure WR. He's a homerun threat when you put him in different spots on the field and he can catch, run and KR.

I just looked at the stats Pro Football Reference shows for him for his four years with Minny (totaled):

Rec Yards: 3,302
Rush Yards: 683
KR Yards: 3,183
Combined Yards: 7,168
Average of Combined Yards: 1,792

Rec TDs: 20
Rush TDs: 4
KR TDs: 5
Combined TDs: 29
Average of Combined TDs: 7.3

When you look at that, it's not all that difficult to see why Pete coveted Percy. Adding a potential average of 1,792 total yards and 7.3 total TDs a season certainly would have helped the Hawks. He and Bevell both knew Percy and obviously felt they could manage him. They turned out to be wrong, but let's not act like the possible return on the investment wasn't at all worth the gamble.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
sc85sis":vat9hmwp said:
I think it's a bit hyperbolic to say getting Harvin was the worst move in team history. No, he's not great if you look only at his receiving numbers, but he isn't meant to be used as a pure WR. He's a homerun threat when you put him in different spots on the field and he can catch, run and KR.

I just looked at the stats Pro Football Reference shows for him for his four years with Minny (totaled):

When you look at that, it's not all that difficult to see why Pete coveted Percy. Adding a potential average of 1,792 total yards and 7.3 total TDs a season certainly would have helped the Hawks. He and Bevell both knew Percy and obviously felt they could manage him. They turned out to be wrong, but let's not act like the possible return on the investment wasn't at all worth the gamble.
1. Signings/trades are judged based on what the player does for your team and how much was given up. Just like draft picks, when you draft a bust it doesnt matter that you "thought" you were getting a better player.

2013: 1 game, 1 rec, 17 yards
2014: 5 games, 22 rec, 133 yards

Hawks gave up a 1st, 3rd, 7th round pick and paid out like $19m for 6 games and 150 yards.

Not only is it CLEARLY the worst move in team history, but you will find it hard to find worse moves in nfl history.

He averaged less than 4 receptions per game, less than 30 yards per game, and we paid him MORE than $3m PER GAME and we gave up a 1st, 3rd, and 7th for the opportunity.

Seriously, for anyone who is in denial about how historically bad this trade was, just let those last numbers sink in.

For what we gave up, and for the almost nothing that we got in return, it's hard not to call the trade the worst in NFL history.

$19m, 6 games, 23 rec, 150 yards.

Unless you guys can find a trade where a team paid $20m for 5 games or something similar, this ranks as #1 worst all time

sc85sis

Reaction score
Worst moves--to me--are the ones that clearly shouldn't be made and are anyway. Drafting JaMarcus Russell #1 overall, for example.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1nb6fyyv said:
sc85sis":1nb6fyyv said:

1. Signings/trades are judged based on what the player does for your team and how much was given up. Just like draft picks, when you draft a bust it doesnt matter that you "thought" you were getting a better player.

2013: 1 game, 1 rec, 17 yards
2014: 5 games, 22 rec, 133 yards

Hawks gave up a 1st, 3rd, 7th round pick and paid out like $19m for 6 games and 150 yards.

Not only is it CLEARLY the worst move in team history, but you will find it hard to find worse moves in nfl history.

He averaged less than 4 receptions per game, less than 30 yards per game, and we paid him MORE than $3m PER GAME and we gave up a 1st, 3rd, and 7th for the opportunity.

Seriously, for anyone who is in denial about how historically bad this trade was, just let those last numbers sink in.

For what we gave up, and for the almost nothing that we got in return, it's hard not to call the trade the worst in NFL history.

$19m, 6 games, 23 rec, 150 yards.

Unless you guys can find a trade where a team paid $20m for 5 games or something similar, this ranks as #1 worst all time

It was bad. But worst in NFL history? Me thinks someone needs to learn their NFL history.