Phillip Dorsett 'can't wait' to play with Russell Wilson

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
bmorepunk":38hkdg8a said:
Jville":38hkdg8a said:
^^^ The protest count now stands at 10 :229031_shrug:

Look man, this guy is gonna cost 0.45% of the cap if he stays on the team, and 0.07% if he gets cut. THIS IS SERIOUS!
Hey man, trash is serious business. Get enough of it and it forms into islands of trash and sorrow in the pacific.

misfit

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3o96do0k said:
Cyrus12":3o96do0k said:
I'm sure he is happy to have a qb that can throw it longer than 10 yards..unlike his last qb.
He had Andrew Luck in Indianapolis, and Tom Brady before his arm strength declined. He's had QBs that can sling the ball practically his whole career.

Phillip Dorsett is not a good wide receiver, that is all there is to it. The hype he gets around here is completely undue. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't even on the roster come the start of the season depending on what happens in the draft.
Russ is a better deep ball thrower than Luck ever was

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Predicting someone is gonna suck is nothing new. Doesn't mean it's a fact and/or accurate. Do your thing Phillip.

kf3339

Reaction score
From what I am reading his best strength is the go route. So if RW and our OC play to his strength then he has good value. If he is flying down the field at 4.3 speed someone is going to have to try and cover him. Perhaps two players. That opens up the field for our other receivers. That's a major positive!

If we try to make him something that plays to his weaknesses ( ala Jimmy Graham and blocking) then he is just a guy.

Hopefully PC learned his lesson with Jimmy.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
At worst Dorsette will be a good guy for our DBs to face going against the PS and a good guy for our backup QB to work with, so long as he can nail down a spot on our 55 list.
I'm still entertaining hopes for Gordon to be available for a spot on our roster.

kf3339

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1p6qxt1f said:
At worst Dorsette will be a good guy for our DBs to face going against the PS and a good guy for our backup QB to work with, so long as he can nail down a spot on our 55 list.
I'm still entertaining hopes for Gordon to be available for a spot on our roster.

I want Gordon back as well! He can't cost that much and would be a solid #3 WR. Add in Ursua and Dorsett and we are good to go with our WR's. If they want to keep 6 they choose between Turner, Moore or a draft pick. That would be my plan.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gordon is a hell of a receiver. He flat out makes it look easy, and when you need a key 3rd down conversion, he's gonna' get it. Big/strong/fast/good hands, all of it. He loves it in Seattle. Really hoping to see him back. Lockett/DK/Gordon/Dorsett to go along with Dis/Olsen/Hollister? Yes please

kf3339

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1iguor7a said:
Gordon is a hell of a receiver. He flat out makes it look easy, and when you need a key 3rd down conversion, he's gonna' get it. Big/strong/fast/good hands, all of it. He loves it in Seattle. Really hoping to see him back. Lockett/DK/Gordon/Dorsett to go along with Dis/Olsen/Hollister? Yes please

^
Yep, that would give us plenty of receiving options for RW and our OC. Hopefully, that would also mean a little more emphasis on a hurry up offense and perhaps a little lean to the passing game. Not that I don't like a strong running game, but just a more creative offensive game plan that adjusts to the opposing defense each week.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":v42vq0h1 said:
Predicting someone is gonna suck is nothing new. Doesn't mean it's a fact and/or accurate. Do your thing Phillip.

It's like predicting that a team won't make or win a Super Bowl.

"This team is never going to make a Super Bowl while they're doing <insert thing here>". A little over 5% of the teams in the NFL make the Super Bowl. Even when your team is really good, your chances aren't that good.

Over 250 dudes get drafted every year and there are over 1,600 players on game day rosters. That doesn't include the dudes who come in/out out of the street, practice squads, and injury status through the year. Most players aren't that good. Most of those actually "suck" in the way we're talking here, even in the first round, particularly in the late first round where Dorsett was taken.

It's easy to say something isn't going to work out in this environment. It most likely won't,

But the Seahawks signed Dorsett to a one year contract that is about what a high-level third round pick is going to get. If they cut him it costs them less than $200,000 in cap money. If the dude doesn't make it past camp, it won't be surprising. There is such little downside here cap-wise that annoyance at Dorsett or people hoping he pans out magically is misplaced.

You can't enter if you don't win, and the cost of entry here is essentially nothing. Half a % of the salary cap if he stays on the roster? Dude is a rounding error. Teams sign them all the time, and the rounding errors that work out are why it's worth it.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
kf3339":3t61btxx said:
SoulfishHawk":3t61btxx said:

^
Yep, that would give us plenty of receiving options for RW and our OC. Hopefully, that would also mean a little more emphasis on a hurry up offense and perhaps a little lean to the passing game. Not that I don't like a strong running game, but just a more creative offensive game plan that adjusts to the opposing defense each week.

Yep X 2. A strong running game exponentially enhances the strength of the passing game.

I agree with bmorepunk that the Dorsett signing is a low risk/high potential deal, same as re-signing Gordon would be. There are a lot of very attractive WR options available in the draft, but Gordon is a proven "been there and done that" at the highest level guy we have in hand at a very affordable price. Ignoring that potential doesn't make sense to me.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2wjfmuzc said:
I agree with you on Josh..He fits in really nice.
I don't know about Dorsett but if we draft a better wr he will be gone.