Pick #120 R4 Gary Jennings WR

Rat

Reaction score
James in PA":28yyv027 said:
As long as he’s not related to Kelly, I’m fine with it!

He's like 6'2", so I'll go out on a limb and guess he isn't.

Own The West

Reaction score
jmahon316":12xv0w9k said:
[youtube]5k_UERPaQ8o[/youtube]

I'll admit, I said "Who?!" when they picked him, but after watching this video, I have to say I'm liking this a lot.

I like that at the 1:34 mark, he didn't let the DB intercept the ball... :stirthepot:

sutz

Reaction score
Didn't see a lot of routes run, basically just go routes.

But WTH, we love the deep ball. Looks like he can to that fairly well. :mrgreen:

James in PA

Reaction score
Like this pick a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
He has a body that can play in traffic, were going to need a few of those since Lockett and Metcalf are not going to be in the line of sight of LB's. I like the pick and would love to see Doug hang around and teach him the nuances of route running to help him step up his game, paying what he was able to learn from Steve forward.

Fade

Reaction score
GARYJ.gif

GARYJ2

His agility is fine.

A very speedy slot receiver.

Another receiver that fits with Pete Carroll wanting to hit homeruns off of playaction deep down the field.

This player though can also be a move the chains receiver underneath on crucial 3rd downs.

A very efficient player that can help balance out the boom/bust inconsistency they will see with DK Metcalf.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Like him a lot better than the bodybuilder they drafted in the 2nd.. but think they blew another opportunity to get a good WR in a deep class just like they did in ‘14

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
IMO, this is Mohamed Sanu type slot WR, Jennings is not as long nor as quick and not as polished but he’s just as explosive with much better deep speed and perhaps a bit stronger coming out.

LTH

Reaction score
When i watched his high light films it really stood out to me that this guy has really good break away speed it was totally obvious and he is tough. There is some nice competition here... Love this pick!

LTH

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":10fzrcih said:
Like him a lot better than the bodybuilder they drafted in the 2nd.. but think they blew another opportunity to get a good WR in a deep class just like they did in ‘14
Care to remind us your assessment of Russ when we drafted him again?

You’re certainly welcome to your opinions but I’ll go with the folks that draft players for a living, I’m funny that way. 8)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":ia18i2qp said:
Was doing some homework on Jennings and found that they have a guy named David Sills that caught a good majority of passes from Grier and found out that he wasn't even drafted. Might be a guy to look at as a free agent down the road, but just curious how he didn't get drafted and Jennings did.

Just saw that the Bills picked him up. :D Nevermind.

two dog

Reaction score
Apparently he has already been coached up by Russel Wilson.

When he was in fourth grade he played on a youth basketball team in Virginia with Russell's
sister and their coach was none other than DangeRuss hisself.

The story has been acknowledged by both Wilson & Jennings on twitter.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It looks like Jennings is best suited as a slot receiver inside and a flanking receiver outside due to his difficulties against press coverage in college. He has the right size, speed and physicality to run at least five of the routes with coaching from either position (crossing, slant, post, go, corner). Special teams contributor with a willingness to block (5th best bench press) and doesn't shy away from contact.

toffee

Reaction score
AgentDib":b48d69yg said:
It looks like Jennings is best suited as a slot receiver inside and a flanking receiver outside due to his difficulties against press coverage in college. He has the right size, speed and physicality to run at least five of the routes with coaching from either position (crossing, slant, post, go, corner). Special teams contributor with a willingness to block (5th best bench press) and doesn't shy away from contact.

Gary seems to be a more willing blocker than Metcalf, blocking is a must for our WRs, hoping we can leverage Gary's willingness and also hoping Metcalf will improve on his.

JPC4Days

Reaction score
jmahon316":f9316wwl said:
[youtube]5k_UERPaQ8o[/youtube]

I'll admit, I said "Who?!" when they picked him, but after watching this video, I have to say I'm liking this a lot.

Height 6' 1"

Weight 214 lbs

Arms 32 1/2”

Hands 9 5/8”

40 Yard Dash 4.42

Bench Press 20

Vertical Jump 37.0

Broad Jump 127.0

3 Cone Drill 7.32

20 Yd Shuttle 4.15

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/gary-jenn ... 518b10747e

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but something I like to do is look at the last 20 yards of the forty yard dash because when they run the forty .. by the time they hit the twenty yard mark they have stood up and are running naturally.

John Ross last 20 yards at the combine 1.75

Gary Jennings last 20 yards at the combine 1.75

It makes since that he was the fastest guy wearing that tracking tech at the senior bowl ... some guys are more quick that fast .. I think he is more fast than quick .. but quick enough and I feel you can work on quickness easier than long speed.. but I really am talking out of my ....

The point if you can run for twenty yards as fast as John Ross .. that is a good thing .. it is similar to the whole Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 - 4.7 forty stories .. and the 9ers timed him once he got those big legs moving and it was fast.. being faster than quick worked out for him.

I started looking at that time when I wanted to know if Penny could take it to the house like he did in college and Penny was 1.83 .. which happens to be the same speed as Saquon Barkley. That is fast because Patrick Peterson 1.80 and Tyler Locket were like 1.81..... Chris Carson was 1.92 and Doug Baldwin .. proday was 1.95.

Anyway ... dude can run and that Jazz Ferguson can too .. not like this guy but 1.85 and he is 6'5" obviously so can D.K. whose last 20 was as fast as Patrick Peterson at 1.80.

I want the skill position players to be able to take it to the house because I get so annoyed at the whole red zone settle for a field goal routine.

I wish they would fix that site .. nfldraftscout.. I think somebody is trying to make a paid site out of it .. was good while it lasted.. very helpful...

I got through to the site and corrected the numbers .. it seems to be constantly under construction.. lately... Tyreek Hill was 1.78 btw...

you can debate what is better quick or fast .. I think you want both but work with what you can get and put your athletes in the best position to maximize there natural talent... good thing that is exactly what Pete tries to do. I don't hate long speed though because it is instant touchdown... if you can get a bit of separation and we seem to be getting some of it .. that is all.

D

DomeHawk

I really like this pick, he has a chance to be that possession receiver we really need.

dbmack

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/WVUfootball/status/1122953922119917568[/tweet]