Pick 16

Chawker

Reaction score
Lets say there is no trade for the Seahawks in round 1.

The best available player.

With the 16 selection, the Seattle Seahawks select: ??

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's tough to predict this year without knowing more about Lucas. I don't think this FO will draft a guard at #16 but they would definitely draft a right tackle with the ability to play guard. If we have long-term doubts about Lucas then I can see them staying at #16 and picking a versatile RT.

Who else would we stay at #16 for? It might be a pretty short list if they feel they can get decent players on day 2 and try to recoup the draft capital spent on Williams and Howell. Not picking again until #81 is a long gap.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Updated Big Board

1. Caleb Williams
2. Malik Nabers
3. Marvin Harrison Jr.
4. Rome Odunze
5. Jayden Daniels

6. Drake Maye
7. Brock Bowers
8. Dallas Turner
9. Joe Alt
10. Taliese Fuaga

11. Amarius Mims
12. Troy Fautanu
13. Jared Verse
14. Laiatu Latu
15. Byron Murphy
16. Brian Thomas Jr.

The top 10 guys on this list will be long gone by the time they pick. 11-15 are the names to keep an eye on.
Only three QBs, either Denver or Los Vegas will grab JJ Mac.

Good list tho !

warden

Reaction score
Fautanu would be my pick

Usually you establish a complete roster and go for best available player but we didn’t quite do that. We have a great big hole at LG and are still shaken in the middle.

Most darts you have around twenty players who make the first round grade. After that that there is not much difference between the next forty players.

I don’t think I would want to trade back this year

getnasty

Reaction score
I keep seeing Brock Bowers falling down draft boards. Not sure that's gonna happen on draft night but he would be my pick if there. If not him the best interior OL/DL available.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Fautanu would be my pick

Usually you establish a complete roster and go for best available player but we didn’t quite do that. We have a great big hole at LG and are still shaken in the middle.

Most darts you have around twenty players who make the first round grade. After that that there is not much difference between the next forty players.

I don’t think I would want to trade back this year
Yup.

Typically, there are 15-20 players on a team's board that are 1st round quality. If you move back 7-10 spots, there's a decent chance you'll miss out.

John has traded out in the past, when he didn't have a high grade on a guy. That shouldn't be an issue at 16. Someone will fall to them. Who will be too good to pass up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Updated Big Board

1. Caleb Williams
2. Malik Nabers
3. Marvin Harrison Jr.
4. Rome Odunze
5. Jayden Daniels

6. Drake Maye
7. Brock Bowers
8. Dallas Turner
9. Joe Alt
10. Taliese Fuaga

11. Amarius Mims
12. Troy Fautanu
13. Jared Verse
14. Byron Murphy
15. Brian Thomas Jr.

The top 10 guys on this list will be long gone by the time they pick. 11-14 are the names to keep an eye on.
We could take a cornerback ? I think this list should have coulpe on it.

CactusJack

Reaction score
We could take a cornerback ? I think this list should have coulpe on it.
I'm lower on the DB's than maybe most. Quinyon Mitchell might get some consideration for the pick. But the strength of this draft is OL, WR & QB's, in my mind. There are so many good offensive linemen in this draft. It's hard to ignore.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm lower on the DB's than maybe most. Quinyon Mitchell might get some consideration for the pick. But the strength of this draft is OL, WR & QB's, in my mind. There are so many good offensive linemen in this draft. It's hard to ignore.
Do they tilt the field? Then Lineman will not be a first round selection unless they are of the mold of Walter Jones. John does not like to spend high draft capital on a player that is a Lunch Box type, They either need to scare the hell out of a Defense with ability to break a game open or be able to put the fear of God into who they oppose if a lineman or make a no catch zone in the secondary.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Do they tilt the field? Then Lineman will not be a first round selection unless they are of the mold of Walter Jones. John does not like to spend high draft capital on a player that is a Lunch Box type, They either need to scare the hell out of a Defense with ability to break a game open or be able to put the fear of God into who they oppose if a lineman or make a no catch zone in the secondary.
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm?? Maybe a little.

They haven't heavily invested in the interior OL, over the years. But that could change this year, with how many quality IOL there are in this draft.

There are as many as 8-10 guys that could go in the 1st round alone. It's pretty well regarded by most. One of the deepest classes for OL in years.

Last edited:

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I hope they pick a lineman at 16. Either someone like Murphy who can help boost the DL from good to great or Fautanu to help boost the OL.