Reaction score
KPA":2ub6pymg said:
1. Sidney Rice
2. Percy Harvin
3. Golden Tate
4. Doug Baldwin
5. Chris Harper
6. Phil Bates

This is mine as well. Both Harper and Bates are former QB's with size both 6'1 220lbs+ and have good special teams skills. Stephan Williams will be an interesting battle in camp but we might not even keep 6 WR's with all the RB's we are going to carry this year.

We will have some tough decisions on 5 RB's, 6 WR's, 3 QB's, and 6 CB's, we can't carry depth at every position.

McG

Reaction score
Wenhawk":ulbuun2j said:
We will have some tough decisions on 5 RB's, 6 WR's, 3 QB's, and 6 CB's, we can't carry depth at every position.

Don't forget the DL, with all the DEs and DTs we have. CRAZY DEPTH! Who makes the roster and who gets cut?

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm kinda rooting for Phil Bates. It seems like he could be a weapon if he could progress like Sweezy did. Major trick play potential too.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
McG":16j3hqvv said:
Wenhawk":16j3hqvv said:

Don't forget the DL, with all the DEs and DTs we have. CRAZY DEPTH! Who makes the roster and who gets cut?

I think the Seahawks will go:

2 QBs, 3 RBs, 2 FBs, 6 WRs, 3 TEs, 9 OL for 25 OFF PLAYERs.

9 DL, 6 LBs, 6 CBs, 4 S for 25 DEF PLAYERs.

For the original topic, I believe the most sense would be:

1. Sidney Rice
2. Golden Tate
3. Percy Harvin
4. Doug Baldwin- Shares snaps with Harvin/Tate
5. Stephen Williams- The only WR with Rice's Size and Length
6. Chris Harper- His addition makes guys like Kearse/Bates afterthoughts (but one should at least make the PS.)

Keeping 6 will allow the Seahawks to let Tate and Baldwin walk in 2014 leaving the Seahawks with a solid core of:

1. Rice
2. Harper
3. Harvin
4. Williams

But Seahawks can't do that if they don't let those guys get practice reps and snaps throughout the season, and Williams could take over for Rice as soon as next season if the Seahawks like his progression enough and deem him capable enough which he needs opportunities to do.