Pisses Me Off

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Vpk0718":2qnbjxe5 said:
The 49ers had five 10 AM starts last season. No excuses. If we're a championship team, this will not be a problem.

Basically. It is what it is. If we really want less 10AM starts, I guess the team needs to win more and thus get more prime time games.

Also, the Rams need to move back to L.A. yesterday because they are really bumming me out being an automatic 10AM game most years (though not this one).

4freakin9

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1gi1c1qy said:
4freakin9":1gi1c1qy said:
You could argue that the schedule makers screwed the niners with a start to the season against a bunch of tough teams after they played the most games of any team in the NFC last season. It goes both ways, not to mention the niners travel more miles than most teams yet again.

This is a joke post, right? SF had both Houston and Indy at home at 5:30PM or 1PM whereas the Seahawks got to play them away at 10AM back to back. Beyond that, Seattle played Carolina away at 10AM in 95 degree heat whereas SF got GB at home at 1PM.

Lol, the only joke here is you bringing up the weather as a variable. By that logic you could argue that the seahawks have the advantage of crappy weather on most home games where its raining most of the time, sounds stupid right. By your logic its BS that the seahawks got to play the titans at home (and almost lose) while the niners had to travel to TN (where they put a beatdown on the titans) before heading to London. Does any of it actually matter? NO. All that matter right now is that the niners are a game behind the Seahawks with one more game between them in SF. I find it hilarious that you guys keep crying about the 10am starts

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3pcwr9f8 said:
What FavoUrs does the NFL do for the rest of the teams that travel to London?

Not sure, but I know they are VERY keen to get the old-time franchises over. San Fran, Chicago, New England, Pittsburgh etc.

Those teams have mass appeal over here. They command the type of attention the likes of Jacksonville do not.

They knew they'd struggle to sell out Wembley for a Jaguars game and I'm guessing had to give the Niners a hard sell to come over here.

I bet anything next years Jacksonville game in London is also against a traditional franchise.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
4freakin9":17udqib9 said:
Sarlacc83":17udqib9 said:
4freakin9":17udqib9 said:
You could argue that the schedule makers screwed the niners with a start to the season against a bunch of tough teams after they played the most games of any team in the NFC last season. It goes both ways, not to mention the niners travel more miles than most teams yet again.

This is a joke post, right? SF had both Houston and Indy at home at 5:30PM or 1PM whereas the Seahawks got to play them away at 10AM back to back. Beyond that, Seattle played Carolina away at 10AM in 95 degree heat whereas SF got GB at home at 1PM.

Lol, the only joke here is you bringing up the weather as a variable. By that logic you could argue that the seahawks have the advantage of crappy weather on most home games where its raining most of the time, sounds stupid right. By your logic its BS that the seahawks got to play the titans at home (and almost lose) while the niners had to travel to TN (where they put a beatdown on the titans) before heading to London. Does any of it actually matter? NO. All that matter right now is that the niners are a game behind the Seahawks with one more game between them in SF. I find it hilarious that you guys keep crying about the 10am starts

It's pretty obvious you're one of those 49ers fans who doesn't live in SF. Or you'd know SF weather is the same as Seattle weather. Way to go with that healthy durrrr! Also, you didn't address a single one of my points cogently, but thanks for playing. 71-16!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Dick Johnson":3g17mpzr said:
Seattle is the only team that cries about ten am starts. Is that rain over there? No, it's the tears of whiny seahawk fans crying about every injustice the league places on them.

LOL, as soon as you crying 49er fans stop bawling lies and WHARRGARBL about how our corners commit PI on every play, we'll get right on it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
We're allowed to cry on our boards. I think its funny they cry about us crying when they're on our boards reading it. Don't like...don't read

4freakin9

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3150xyt6 said:
4freakin9":3150xyt6 said:
Sarlacc83":3150xyt6 said:
4freakin9":3150xyt6 said:

It's pretty obvious you're one of those 49ers fans who doesn't live in SF. Or you'd know SF weather is the same as Seattle weather. Way to go with that healthy durrrr! Also, you didn't address a single one of my points cogently, but thanks for playing. 71-16!

I guess if you wanted to ignore the fact that SF is windy while Seattly is rainy then sure I guess I dont know. Pretty sure your point was that the niners got to play teams at home that you played away right, is the Titans game not an example of that? pretty sure it was you that complained of the weather in the Carolina game. Weather should not be a factor since it involves both teams. While start time does matter, getting to the SB (like the niners just did) usually means they get a schedule more favorable to the networks and the team. The fact still remains that the niners have to travel more miles than the seahawks by a few thousand and had a tougher start to the season after playing games in the playoffs that the seahawks players watched from home while resting.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

--Mark Twain

I don't even know what bearing that quote has on any of this, but I felt it to be appropriate.

Also, it rains more in Philly, Pittsburgh, and NYC than it does in Seattle. We're more of the overcast city, not so much the rainy city.

chris98251

Reaction score
I guess if you wanted to ignore the fact that SF is windy while Seattly is rainy then sure I guess I dont know. Pretty sure your point was that the niners got to play teams at home that you played away right, is the Titans game not an example of that? pretty sure it was you that complained of the weather in the Carolina game. Weather should not be a factor since it involves both teams. While start time does matter, getting to the SB (like the niners just did) usually means they get a schedule more favorable to the networks and the team. The fact still remains that the niners have to travel more miles than the seahawks by a few thousand and had a tougher start to the season after playing games in the playoffs that the seahawks players watched from home while resting.

Your wind is a direct result in the design of your stadium, it's windy here also for the same reasons, your near the water and the air rises off of it. The travel miles is a term for this year in that S.F. is going to London, every other year it is documented the teams for all sports in the Northwest travel more miles. If your complaining also about making the playoffs and being to tired you played two more games then we did, a impact but not significant, besides you guys got like a 30 to 45 minute nap time during the Super Bowl when they turned the lights out because it was past Kaeps bedtime and he needed a rest.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Some really special Niner fans on here (special like in Ed).

Look how your defense was playing at the end of last season. With your defense so reliant on Cowboy, the league did you a favor getting the difficult games off your schedule early rather than pitting you against them later in the year when Cowboy is injured and the rest of your D is worn out from playing 99% of snaps. You have to be a moron to not see that.

As for rain. Well last year we didn't see a single drop at any home game.

The Niners are being helped against the teams the league sees as difficult hames while making the schedule and even then you lost to the Rams and Vikings. If you had to play NE or GB last year at 10am we are the ones in the super bowl not you and you know it.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
What about last year or the one before?

I don't think it's a Pro 49er conspiracy. I think it's something else. I think it's because those 3 games are in the Bible Belt, and the advertisers want to maximize revenue by making sure those people who would otherwise decide to go to Church watch the game. The NFL always tries to get the marquee match-ups in the afternoon for that reason, I think.

drdiags

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2yymp2nv said:
We're allowed to cry on our boards. I think its funny they cry about us crying when they're on our boards reading it. Don't like...don't read

True. Usually try to follow that policy. It is just the spontaneous griping in a topic that you don't see coming that sideswipes you. In this particular one, since the title is "Pisses Me Off", you know what you are getting as you enter. Or others that make it clear it is a gripe fest.

Looking at a fan forum big picture, really the majority of its posts are complaints/gripes so I guess me and Dick Johnson can just shut our yappers. :thirishdrinkers:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
As my cousin the Raiders fan since 1964 would tell you, to be the champions the Hawks will not only have to overcome the opponents but also the NFL and its scheduling, officiating and every other thing that will be thrown at our team because the NFL has no interest in our team being champs. He should know about the bullshit the league pulls cuz he's seen the league endlessly screw the Raiders because of their hatered for Al Davis beating them in court (until recently when they've sucked so bad they just have lost on their own). Any casual fan that watched their games over the years knows this is true.

NorCal

Reaction score
Some of you are looking way to deep into this. The 9ers were in the Super Bowl last year, so networks want to get them in better time slots. Its about TV, and always will be. Nothing more than that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeaTown81":372ukjuy said:
drdiags":372ukjuy said:
The mileage was for this season. Guess I will go find the article but the NFL is not going to modify how they handle 10:00 a.m games for West coast teams. They just do not care.

I saw the same chart, Doc. Niners have more miles than Seattle only because of the London trip. Without it, it's Seattle #1 as always.

And no, the NFL does not care. They don't care to such levels that they went out of their way to make a rule to limit the travel for East coast teams. You know, the teams who bus half of their trips if they wanted to. It's all about the East coast. Especially with someone like Roger "grew up a NY Giants fan" Goodell in charge.
Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. Good points! :th2thumbs:

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
but but but when people come here for monday nightfootball its like they're starting at 8:30pm !

4freakin9

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1t0bjqwf said:
Some really special Niner fans on here (special like in Ed).

Look how your defense was playing at the end of last season. With your defense so reliant on Cowboy, the league did you a favor getting the difficult games off your schedule early rather than pitting you against them later in the year when Cowboy is injured and the rest of your D is worn out from playing 99% of snaps. You have to be a moron to not see that.

As for rain. Well last year we didn't see a single drop at any home game.

The Niners are being helped against the teams the league sees as difficult hames while making the schedule and even then you lost to the Rams and Vikings. If you had to play NE or GB last year at 10am we are the ones in the super bowl not you and you know it.

Any team being sent to NE in December was an automatic loss for most of Brady's career. The niners were the first team to win there in that month in a looong time if I'm not mistaken. I think most fans would have preferred to see some of the difficult games spread out since some guys like the cowboy are old and are coming off back to back long seasons with the playoff runs. You just gotta play the games that are there and hope for the best. Pretty sure before the season nobody would have thought the niners could go on a 4 game (and counting) win streak without Crabtree and Aldon playing. Overcoming the schedule and injuries are what good teams do, its what the niners did last year to make it to the superbowl with the backup QB. The seahawks know this as well and is one of the reasons they loaded up on edge rushers and at other positions. You could argue the schedule from all kinds of different angles but in the end it really doesn't matter. In the last few years we have seen 4th seed and lower teams win more superbowls than the top 2 seeds. Getting a hot hand and a healthy roster going into the playoffs matters most these days.