Plenty of money left for Russ & Bobby

Cad

Reaction score
Laloosh":2c1kyy6f said:
Cad":2c1kyy6f said:
An interesting discussion is what to do about Kearse. He doesn't exactly light the stat book on fire, but he has been huge for us in the playoffs. And with that ugly injury to P-Rich in an already-thin WR corps, keeping Kearse becomes more urgent.

So do you offer Kearse a deal? if so, how much? Or do you roll the dice on Norwood and someone in the draft?

Considering Richardson's elevation in the depth chart, I doubt they offer him much. Then again, he's been the only dependable "bigger" receiver for us since Rice's injury last year. He's a local kid so it'll be interesting to see how it's handled and I'd like to see him stay.

Yeah, that's why the P-Rich injury is so critical here. He tore that same ACL in college, and there have been some rumblings that it's a complicated injury this time. If P-Rich's immediate future in in question, then Kearse's value rises.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Clayton was on the radio this morning saying that Maxwell's issue was pneumonia. He didn't give a source. I wouldn't mind seeing a short deal for Maxwell but given that Pete's team is amazing at developing secondary it would be silly to overpay.

Kearse will be up to him. We'll definitely bring him back if he is willing to play for what we are offering but don't expect a Doug Baldwin type deal. The key to cap management is minimizing your mid-tier contracts. You want to pay the stars and then leverage rookie contracts for as much as possible.

Receiver and O-Line will be the talk of the off-season. Another trade at receiver wouldn't shock me unless they really like some of the rookies and are willing to throw yet another high pick at one.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Kearse is a restricted free agent, correct? Tender at the 2nd round and if someone wants to cough that up or something close, then accept it. If not, keep him for another year.