Police Going Undercover Again Sunday.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This is a non issue for me. They'll come to all of the games. Probably not the last year they do it either.

I haven't ever had any violent run ins with opposing fans. It's really not hard even 3 sheets to the wind to not get trapped in that kind of situation either.

Red Beard

Reaction score
I encourage everyone to bring a maple bar topped with some bacon and hand it to the closest "Jaguar Fan" to your seat(s). Ok, bring two....since they're so damned good!

Soppie

Reaction score
Did anybody actually see a police officer in 49ers gear last week? By that I mean did anybody notice one identify himself and/or break up some sort of situation?

I question if there really are these officers at the game. I think them just saying that they are there is enough of a deterrent to make people think twice before doing something they should not be doing.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Its not a waste of tax payer money.. this is actually cost effective. Because I rather doubt they are actually doing it. Just spread the word heavily that people in opposing team jerseys are possibly cops and pretty much problem solved.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Vetamur":3h8pok64 said:
Its not a waste of tax payer money.. this is actually cost effective. Because I rather doubt they are actually doing it. Just spread the word heavily that people in opposing team jerseys are possibly cops and pretty much problem solved.
I bet they're still doing it, (not guessing as to how much, it's probably like 3-4 guys or some ridiculously low number like that) and assuming they are, it's likely still a cost-effective idea. Arresting and convicting people is expensive. I wonder how many fewer arrests there are because of this?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Vetamur":3lgwx2ft said:
THIS!

minormillikin

Reaction score
I don't think there's much tax payer money spent. I'm fairly certain it's paid for by the Seahawks. At least that's what I read before the SF game.

And I'm not even sure cops are actually doing this anyway. Spreading info that cops will be there dressed as opposing fans might be all they really do.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I would imagine they are off-duty officers and their pay is covered by the Seahawks. I'm cool with it.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that this whole thing is just BS to keep us all on our best behavior and they aren't actually sending any undercover cops out. I mean have they published anything about anyone being arrested/detained yet? I haven't seen anything.

The Outfield

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3izvrl4w said:
I'm starting to think that this whole thing is just BS to keep us all on our best behavior and they aren't actually sending any undercover cops out. I mean have they published anything about anyone being arrested/detained yet? I haven't seen anything.

It's actually part of a new benefits package for Seattle police officers: free Seahawks tickets.

Axx

Reaction score
youd think after you see someone wearings jags jersey then in a few weeks you see the same fans wearing a saints jersey....

MrCarey

Reaction score
Guys, just to let you know, they aren't IN the stadium. This will only be conducted outside the stadium. It is all over their Twitter, and they've been responding to every tweet about "FREE TICKETS" with the fact that they won't even be able to watch the game, because they'll be outside.

@SeattlePD

https://twitter.com/SeattlePD/status/381241586400493568

Also, I asked if they had any incidents last week, and they said there was nothing to report.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I think this is great!
It makes anything in anyone says from opposing teams moot.
We were calling every single person in a Niners jersey a cop.

Kids, old ladies, fat dudes, whatever. I'm asking for badge numbers from them all.
Eventually, they just stopped trying saying anything.

(We saw a guy in an all camouflage Willis jersey and everyone started yelling "Undercover Cop"! It was classic!

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is clearly reverse psychology.

Now, we'll think that all opposing fans are undercover cops, and we'll leave them alone.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":1c7snq2p said:
This is clearly reverse psychology.

Now, we'll think that all opposing fans are undercover cops, and we'll leave them alone.

Actually I was at the game and by the 4th quarter or so, the opposing fans were getting annoyed at all the Seahawks fans thanking them for keeping us safe at the game... and the chants of 5-0 in the men's room

Latest posts