Poll: Best Hit In Team History

What is the best hit you have ever seen in team history?

• Kam's Hit on Vernon Davis

Votes: 68 50.0%
  • Ken Hamlin's Hit on Donte Stallworth

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Darryl Williams Hit on Rickey Dudley

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Steve Largent's Hit on Mike Harden

Votes: 54 39.7%
  • Other (Read my comments)

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1fu1gdid said:
Largent's revenge hit will forever hold a special place in my heart..............but for sheer visceral soul stealing I just ruined a man's career and took 9 years off his life?

Not.Even.Close. This gives me shivers it's so amazing.

This. So much this.

I chose the Darryl Williams hit because I was there, and my seats happened to be right in front of the play and I have never, ever seen that kind of violence on a football field that close to me in my entire life. When the Kam hit happened, it was in the opposite endzone from me so I never got to enjoy it in real time like I did the Williams leveling.

But yes, I couldn't agree more, the sheer "Soul stealing" aspect of that hit is quantifiably second-to-none.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I feel like Ken Hamlin isn't getting much love for his part in one of the most badass hits I have ever seen on a football field. Does anyone have video of the hit on Stallworth? It was every bit as impressive as most of these hits we are discussing.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent's hit for me..
Steve is small compared to Harden and just knocked
that dude silly.I loved it and there is nothing like it when
you know what led to that hit by our HOF#1

olyfan63

Reaction score
Down Under Hawk":ljsw1vfv said:
Those are all good hits but Tates hit on sean lee should have been in the poll. That is why I had to say other. (only vote)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74pb6V-F3mQ

Total agreement. How could we forget about that awesome hit?

Also, there should have been at least one Brandon Browner hit listed to vote for.
My favorite Brandon Browner hit was one on Wes Welker. Can't recall if it was Welker with Pats or on another team (Broncos). It wasn't SB48. I'm thinking it was a regular season game vs. Patriots. To his credit, Welker got up from the hit, but you could tell the hit registered. It wasn't as violent or impressive as the Kam on Davis hit, but it definitely set a tone for the game. Welker somehow held onto the ball. It was like Browner's hit was saying to Brady and the Pats coaching staff, "sure, you can throw your little 4 yard dink and dunks underneath, but you're going to get your receivers killed. So now, was that worth it?"

I'm sure there are other Browner hits that could quality; that's my favorite because of the message it sent and watching Welker struggle, with everything he had, to get up and try to pretend everything was normal, while the cuckoo birds were flying around his head.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Knowing the back/side story, I’ve got to go with the Largent hit.

Kam vs VD was awesome, as were many others.

#80 was just a “good guy”, and the redemption that he got with that hit has to make it the #1.

Obviously the younger/newer fans may see things different.

Golden Tate vs Shaun Lee was spectacular as well.

[youtube]amfOq3K1MqQ[/youtube]

raisethe3

Reaction score
For me, its Bam-Bam vs Vernon Davis. It happened so quick and clean that it drew multiple flags. LOVE IT.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hard to decide on the defensive ones, they all are a thing of beauty in their own right, Hamlins hit introduced himself to the league, Kams hit made Davis sign his contract with God, and so on. Steves hit though was one out of the twilight zone, he was Clark Kent and turned into Superman that hit, and I think set a tone of toughness going forward that many DB's never forgot, don't mess with Steve, he will knock you out. The fact he was able to get retribution for something earlier made that much sweeter.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Wow what a great poll question ! Makes you go back and check out some really cool plays from the past. I'll have to go with Kam on Davis. Not only did it change a game, but cemented Kam's reputation as a monster. Everyone HAD to look out for him then. Nobody wanted to be Vernoned.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent's hit was no doubt, not the hardest hit ever by a Seahawk, but it will always be the best hit ever by a Seahawk and my personal favorite for so many reasons.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I loved loved loved the legal hit that Kam put on Vernon Davis and took his soul.....

But..... the Largent hit is number one by a mile in my book. The story behind it, the cheap shot that Hardin put on Largent earlier in the year, and the classic “decleating” send energy down my spine everytime I see it!

NJlargent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2e7y0d1m said:
Another incredible hit was the one by Lockette on the punt. He just destroyed that guy.
Or Kam knocking the huge Thomas back 4 yards at the beginning of 48. That flat out set the tone for the entire game imo.

I agree that hit on Thomas set the tone.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Hamlin's hit was the best I have ever seen from anyone donning a hawks uniform, however, largent's hit holds a special place in my heart.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NJlargent":dyz71nha said:
SoulfishHawk":dyz71nha said:
Another incredible hit was the one by Lockette on the punt. He just destroyed that guy.
Or Kam knocking the huge Thomas back 4 yards at the beginning of 48. That flat out set the tone for the entire game imo.

I agree that hit on Thomas set the tone.
Yes it did. That was the Donk’s “Oh CRAP” moment!

quadsas

Reaction score
my vote went for Kam, that gif is mesmerising, completely legal, soul crushing hit that really summarises how tough that defence was, and that hit will be the one that people will associate with LOB forever.

didnt see it mentioned, but I believe Browner killed Welker or Amendola at some point, really violent decleating, think it couldve been the 2012 Patriots game.

I think Earls hit on Gronk also deserves a mention just in terms of a Goliath getting gutted by a little guy