Poll:Collins or Pope for PS-EDIT 1 has to go.

Collins or Pope on the practice squad?

• POPE

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • COLLINS

Votes: 44 59.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
The only way I see we keep 4 on the roster is if the front office really wants to keep collins and fears he will be claimed if released. They might do this for a few weeks just to guarantee rawls is healthy, but long term 4 rb's on the roster would be a change of strategy compared to FO roster spot history.

HawkerD

Reaction score
johnnyfever":157cevsu said:
This is true, but in reality when rawls comes back, I doubt they keep 4 RB's on the roster. I see 3 RB's, with 1 on the practice squad. I believe that is what we have always done. Right now with Rawls injured, but knowing he will come back, they kept him on the roster.

Ultimately when rawls returns, either pope or collins hits the practice squad and the other will be released if they continue with roster positions like they have in the past. Lynch, turbin, cmike and practice squad for example.. I should have explained this more succinctly.

I don't think you grasp the difference between the "53", the Active Roster, and the PS. That is what is making this thread so confusing

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Rawls is already on the 53 man roster no need to take anyone away.

I think they keep Collins in just in case one of our RBs get hurt.

The only way Collins will be put in Practice Squad is if Mike Morgan (IR) comes back and they need a spot, and only if the FO decides that's who they want to replace him with on the 53.

If the FO decides Collins is still worth keeping they could IR him and let him sit out the season if they fear he might be picked up by someone else.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I realize we have 4 right now, but just because rawls is injured. When he comes back, seems like a waste of a roster spot.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Looks like I was right about them dropping someone, just figured it would be Collins or pope. Still could be pope that gets cut if cmike clears waivers I guess.

SeaChat

Reaction score
johnnyfever":23bvt16c said:
With the news of rawls practicing this week to play in the eagles game, this is now a real decisions they will make. We know Pete is hyped up on Collins, so that is probably the way they will go, but just purely on merit, what do you think?

Which do you think has a higher ceiling, is more versatile (special teams, different schemes), is more athletic, is a better fit for what we do? Taking all these factors into account, which one ends up on the practice squad in your world not the coaches, and why?

EDITIf you vote for pope, that means he makes practice squad and Collins is released. We only keep 3 Rb's on the roster, and those spots are taken. Should have clarified this first.

I'm no authority on rules, is there something written in granite says we can only keep 3 RBs on the roster? It seems to me that if Pete and Darrell truly want for the Seahawks to be a dominant running offense, and if its possible, I vote we keep Rawls, Pope, Prosise, and Collins on the active roster, and lose someone else playing at some other less critical to run offensive strategy, and turn the NFL upside down and inside out with the greatest run game on the planet, with a combined passing offense that is second only to our running offense.

Maybe just dreaming, but can you imagine, These four Hawk RBs running through the defensive lines out there? They would be nearly unstoppable. Give Darrell Bevell the reigns on each of them, calling in his individually designed plays, that compliment the individual strengths of each of our running backs?

Holy Hawk Poop Hawk fans, imagine what an awesome game that would be to watch. Right about the time their defenses think they have one our RBs figured out, Russell steps back and fires a 50 yard bomb down the field into the hands of Baldwin, Kearse, Graham, or Lockett, because they had to concentrate their defense to try and stop our runaway offensive line.

I think, if we can, its time to go outside the box, break with traditional, and dare to follow a course to success like no other NFL team before them. Christin being gone should make that kind of choice and transition easier, again if it is within the rulebook to do such a thing with your team structure.

Go SeAhAwKs !!

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
We probably will have 4 for the next few weeks while they test the waters with pope and procise and gain confidence in Rawls. When we are all set, they probably just have 3 with 1 on the practice squad. If pope works out though, I could see procise becoming more of a harvin type receiver and keeping Collins on the active.

Should know in a couple weeks how we sit.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":6k809bf8 said:
Collins was a draft pick. They are more inclined to keep him than Pope. But if you get one carry in a big game and fumble it, one may be inclined to see that draft status be gone.

I would like to see what Pope can do, even if it's only some return duties. And to me it's a no risk to put Collins on waivers.
I would normally agree that they would keep a Drafted player over a walk-on, but Pete is a different cat, and has shown, and spoken in the past that it's an "Always Compete" for your roster spot with the Seahawks, I think that C-Mike being cut, is a statement.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3ivp9ao3 said:
We probably will have 4 for the next few weeks while they test the waters with pope and procise and gain confidence in Rawls. When we are all set, they probably just have 3 with 1 on the practice squad. If pope works out though, I could see procise becoming more of a harvin type receiver and keeping Collins on the active.

^ Agreed ^, After last week I was thinking exactly the same thing about Prosise's Harvin type role with the Seahawks. Lol, Bevell is probably all giddy about having a player on board that can maybe take advantage of some Harvin plays that have been gathering dust on the shelf.
I also think that having Rawls & Pope in the backfield, and a healthy Wilson under Center, is going to scare the shit out of Defenses....Who they going to Key on? :stirthepot:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2kcerwe3 said:
The only way I see we keep 4 on the roster is if the front office really wants to keep collins and fears he will be claimed if released. They might do this for a few weeks just to guarantee rawls is healthy, but long term 4 rb's on the roster would be a change of strategy compared to FO roster spot history.
Actually, I don't think it's outside the possibility that they keep all 4, as I really believe that Pete wants to reestablish the clout that a good Run game delivers....Run sets up the pass, pass sets up the run.
Find your strengths, make your cuts LATER.
IMHO, Letting C-Mike go was a step in that direction.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":axmkwgl6 said:

Hell, one more RB we have ourselves a second oline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts