Possible good news on Injury front

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kmedic":8d84ti4a said:
It can't be good that he isn't even giving a general timeframe for Wagner and Miller, ie "a few weeks". Pete's usually optimistic with injury news too so I've gotta assume those guys are out at least another month, maybe more.
Agree with this, unfortunately. Glad it appears we'll be getting several other guys back though. It's a step in the right direction.

Largent80

Reaction score
Here is another article on it.....http://mynorthwest.com/292/2637077/Carr ... -this-week

"The good news is that we might have six or seven guys return that didn't play yesterday," Carroll said. "It's a big list. It's a big list of guys, and we're excited about that, and it could be more."

Center Max Unger "should definitely be back" as should defensive tackle Jordan Hill. Cornerback Jeremy Lane practiced the last two weeks and is eligible to play after his stint on short-term injured reserve.

The others who have a chance, according to Carroll, are left tackle Russell Okung, strong safety Kam Chancellor, linebacker Malcolm Smith and cornerback Byron Maxwell.

"There's a lot of guys coming back to us," Carroll said. "It will really feel good to have them back on the field."

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":rmhgpz25 said:
The others who have a chance, according to Carroll, are left tackle Russell Okung, strong safety Kam Chancellor, linebacker Malcolm Smith and cornerback Byron Maxwell.................
So if he has "a chance" that means we don't get Okung back this week. The others, likely.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ajyeu95 said:
Miller worries me, I thought when he first went out it wasn't a big deal.........now we're getting less and less information on his return. Not good.

I always felt like it would be a big hit for us, starting a rookie tackle. Now that Willson hasn't played great and isn't much of a blocker, coupled with the injuries tot he O-line, it turned out to be even bigger than I though. Much harder to overcome than wagner. Depth difference between LB and TE is vast.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":9i3qw34n said:
Largent80":9i3qw34n said:
The others who have a chance, according to Carroll, are left tackle Russell Okung, strong safety Kam Chancellor, linebacker Malcolm Smith and cornerback Byron Maxwell.................
So if he has "a chance" that means we don't get Okung back this week. The others, likely.

Actually Pete said in his presser that Kam should be back and Okung should be as well. Smith is day to day and Maxwell is not likely to make it back, although they are holding out some hope for Maxwell, so I'd say Smith and Maxwell are probably the least likely of those mentioned in this post.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1am0u6ux said:
hawksfansinceday1":1am0u6ux said:
Largent80":1am0u6ux said:

Actually Pete said in his presser that Kam should be back and Okung should be as well. Smith is day to day and Maxwell is not likely to make it back, although they are holding out some hope for Maxwell, so I'd say Smith and Maxwell are probably the least likely of those mentioned in this post.
To me Okung and Unger being back is huge. I don't think Carp will be ready to go Sunday, which will let Bailey slide into left guard, where I think he is best at.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":1iatw58x said:
kidhawk":1iatw58x said:
hawksfansinceday1":1iatw58x said:
Largent80":1iatw58x said:

To me Okung and Unger being back is huge. I don't think Carp will be ready to go Sunday, which will let Bailey slide into left guard, where I think he is best at.

I would guess that Schilling moves to guard if Unger is under center and Okung is at Tackle and Carpenter doesn't make it back. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rotation in this position either.

I would like to see the line back to Okung | Carpernter | Unger | Sweezy | Britt for a few weeks and see what we can get going.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Have they said that they like Schilling there better than Bailey. I think Bailey is the better player. Maybe they like him at tackle more, and keep in as a TE in those jumbo packages.

drdiags

Reaction score
Something tells me Zach Miller is not long for this season. Just idle speculation on my part.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/529730304093999104[/tweet]

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hopefully Miller comes back for the final 1/4 of the season, but as the weeks pass on it seems unlikely that he will.

Could he have played his last snap with the hawks? :les:

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
I've been wondering if Miller gets the IR this week. We need a roster spot for Lane. Someone has to go. Should be interesting

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":361kz7zi said:
I've been wondering if Miller gets the IR this week. We need a roster spot for Lane. Someone has to go. Should be interesting

I think if we sign Moeaki, that answers your question on Miller going to the IR. Why would we sign Moeaki with Helfet and Willson healthy if Miller's coming back in a couple weeks?

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3kw84y2m said:
kidhawk":3kw84y2m said:

I think if we sign Moeaki, that answers your question on Miller going to the IR. Why would we sign Moeaki with Helfet and Willson healthy if Miller's coming back in a couple weeks?
Maybe Willson gets the axe? He hasn't exactly made a strong case this season, so far. Helfet may be deemed expendable as well...hard to say what Pete and John are thinking.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":aip4fa9w said:
Sgt. Largent":aip4fa9w said:
kidhawk":aip4fa9w said:

Maybe Willson gets the axe? He hasn't exactly made a strong case this season, so far. Helfet may be deemed expendable as well...hard to say what Pete and John are thinking.

Agreed Matt. I said something similar in the Moeaki signing thread. It all depends on a number of factors, including how long do they expect Miller to miss, and which player, between Helfet and Willson has progressed the least. What we see in the games is only part of the equation here and I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them cut or Miller to the IR.

Of course as is also stated in one of these threads, if we get Miller back, that would make Fort expendable as well. Right now it's all a big guessing game for those of us without all the information available to the front office

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Id like Kam to sit another week. we can win without him and a healthy Shead is better than the injured Kam I have been watching.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MysterMatt":22d5y0td said:
Sgt. Largent":22d5y0td said:
kidhawk":22d5y0td said:

Possible, but it's rare that teams give up on players this quickly, especially when it's such a position of need and the player has flashed some good things.

Plus Moeaki's had a history of injuries, so to cut a healthy TE and bring in one that hasn't shown he can stay healthy is super risky with Miller being hurt.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
soje":3ltok9ji said:
HawkAroundTheClock":3ltok9ji said:
Entering the 2nd half of the season at 5-3 with all these guys coming back and their replacements having earned valuable experience... hold onto your butts. Stuff's about to get real. :th2thumbs:
I love your enthusiasm. Things have been a little unreal for a while now.
:thirishdrinkers: :229031_cheers: