Possible SNF Flex - Seahawks at Giants Week 15

JonRud

Reaction score
I think there is a pretty good chance the Seahawks at Giants game on Dec. 15th could be flexed to SNF. The current game is Bengals at Steelers which I think will go away at Pit is done and nobody cares about Cincy.

So here are the potential games that could go to Sunday Night:

Saints at Rams - doubt it Rams won't be in contention for anything.
Seahawks at Giants - if Giants are in the NFC East race the NFL will love them on SNF.
Pats at Dolphins - only if the Dolphins win some games and are in the wildcard race.
Jets at Panthers - not a bad game so a maybe.
Packers at Cowboys - Pack might be done by then with no Rodgers.

The Giants are just 3-6 but if they are still in contention for the NFC East title the network will love to put them in primetime against a 12-1 or 11-2 Seahawks team. I have no idea what games have been protected by the network so that factors in as well.

The latest they can decide the flex is after the Week 13 game [12 days prior to Week 15]. The Giants next 3 games are vs. GB, vs. Dal and at Wash. if they can win 2 of those to get to 5-7 and still in the mix I think this game goes to Sunday night. I just hope I can find my heavy winter coat brrrrrrrrrrrr..........

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I agree if the NFC East is still up for grabs, that would be a good SNF game.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I don't see how we would leapfrog the Dal/GB game. Even if they both are just mediocre, they would pick them over us. Maybe if NYG win out to that game possibly.

getnasty

Reaction score
That Giants game makes me a touch nervous, but so did the falcons game.

OP
OP
JonRud

JonRud

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":33h68t2y said:
I don't see how we would leapfrog the Dal/GB game. Even if they both are just mediocre, they would pick them over us. Maybe if NYG win out to that game possibly.

A lot will depend on this week's GB at NYG game. if the Pack go into freefall now and A. Rodgers is still out [or potentially out Week 15 when they need to make the call] I don't think the NFL is going to pick Scott Tolzein & Co. over a high profile franchise like the Giants and the #1 NFC playoff seed.

But again a lot depends on what happens the next 2-3 weeks so we shall see.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah this does actually seem plausible. Giants would absolutely have to win the next three to get to 6-6 by then, but I can buy them doing this.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
not worried about the giants, we should pick eli off like 19 times in that game. They can't run the football and their receivers are all over-rated.

the team will be there in NY to get comfortable with the stadium and scope out their surroundings so they are familiar when February rolls around.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I doubt it...we could potentially have #1 Seed locked up by then, or our Division at least.

rsm650

Reaction score
I don't think it will happen. When was the last time the Hawks were shown twice on NBC in the regular season? We're not that popular nationally for good TV ratings (even though it's gotten better since 2012). Hell, the Niners had 2 Sunday night games already this season.

I think it will be GB vs DAL because they're still in contention and and they're more "popular" than the Hawks. Too bad, since I love NBC's free HD stream and Pittsburgh almost never gets Seahawk coverage.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Remember that each network can protect one game from being flexed. I don't see FOX giving up SEA vs NYG given how huge the NY market is.

Steve2222

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":39ntx7p3 said:

If its a Packers team that's out of contention (especially if theyre Rodgerless) then there's not a chance in hell NBC would pick up that game regardless of GB vs. Dal.

Hawks46

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2lmkm4ta said:
I doubt it...we could potentially have #1 Seed locked up by then, or our Division at least.

We'd have to run the table, beating both NO and SF to lock up the #1 seed by then, and even so, we'd have to win the Giants game to lock it up. I see virtually no chance that this game will be meaningless to us.

NO is only one loss behind us and looking very good. If we win this Giants game, it will probably secure the 1st seed for us, and then I'd see us playing our starters for the first 3 quarters against AZ and the 1st half against STL, then resting them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":5xc79d29 said:

Cause both these teams could be 2-3 games back by week 15. GB's in free fall mode, and Dallas looked like utter doo doo last night.

But yes, if the Giants keep winning and pull into 1st place in the East, then I could see this.

sutz

Reaction score
This is one game I kind of hoped this scenario might work out for us to be flexed. Lot of good commentary here, though as to why it won't. Logically, I can see how it won't happen.

But I can hope. :)

OP
OP
JonRud

JonRud

Reaction score
I have to say I hope it's not flexed since I'm going to the game. I prefer to go to the game at 1pm and sit in the sun and 35-40 deg weather rather than 8:30pm and 10-15 degree weather and get home at 1:30am. but that's just me.

stack600

Reaction score
Yea Stealers look pretty sad this year. dang no rematch in the SB. But the'll stick with Cincy there not out yet and proabably will still be in it.
Looking forward to Giant game a flex would work out the time zone 10am thing but After the Falcons, I think were ok with an early start, And for being worried about the Giants, hey our guys get to try out the SB field at Met Life. And get an idea what Feb 2 will look like.