Post Game - OL talk - preseason Colts.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Thanks Spin, I missed the game, glad to read about how our OL did last night. Sounded like among the starters, Pocic remain the weak link? Ifedi was OK if he control his penalties?

I recalled that if one would to set aside penalties, Ifedi was OK last season too, not great but OK. Pocic didn't have penalty issues, but his ranking was lower than Ifedi and often abused.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Odiahmbo was next to him and didn't pick up a stunt leaving fant to guard two blockers going out and around and inside and around

Either guy he picked up would have left a free rusher as Rees just got washed out next to him way too easily
Oline is a unit not just one guy as it's obvious the guy next to you can hand you his assignment , giving you two assignments making you look really stupid
The plays I really noticed were not all his fault FWIW

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Just re-watched the 1st half and tried to focus on the oline, especially Ifedi, every applicable play.

Technique-wise, I didn't see anything different in Ifedi's vs. last year. On pass-blocking he displayed no punch and had his arms almost fully extended (outside of his frame to boot) and his ability to mirror laterally during his drop back was almost non-existent. He's going to be eaten alive by Von Miller in our opener unless Dissly or Vannett is there to help.

Fant didn't look much better but we can attribute that to his coming back from his ACL in 11 months.

adeltaY

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3gxhxaa0 said:
Just re-watched the 1st half and tried to focus on the oline, especially Ifedi, every applicable play.

Technique-wise, I didn't see anything different in Ifedi's vs. last year. On pass-blocking he displayed no punch and had his arms almost fully extended (outside of his frame to boot) and his ability to mirror laterally during his drop back was almost non-existent. He's going to be eaten alive by Von Miller in our opener unless Dissly or Vannett is there to help.

Fant didn't look much better but we can attribute that to his coming back from his ACL in 11 months.

Also the big Carson run when everyone else blocked well but Ifedi ran right into the back of the TE who was already blocking someone and fell over. Oof.

original poster

Reaction score
When the line created that massive hole for Carson to burst through (think it was through the strong side B gap) I had to smile.

If our line can do that 4/5 times a game Carson and Penny will make it count.

It seems, at least on the surface, as if we have a running game again!