Practice (Injury) Report NFCCG vs. Packers (Fri. w/Status)

ptisme

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1us7oog8 said:
We cannot lose another body at DT, particularly a starter. If Big Tony can't go, that is a huge problem.
Finally, you guys now have one thing to worry about this weekend.... Good, misery loves company....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3jqxxksg said:
We cannot lose another body at DT, particularly a starter. If Big Tony can't go, that is a huge problem.
He's fine. You have to remember what time of year it is and what kind of game we are playing in. It's mid January and it's the NFCCG so that means the chicanery and shenanigans involving injury or not is in full force.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.packers.com/team/injury-report.html[/urltargetblank]

Thursday

PACKERS

Limited Participation
Boyd, Josh....DT....Ankle
Rodgers, Aaron....QB....Calf
Sitton, Josh....G....Toe
Lacy, Eddie....RB....Knee

Game Status

Probable
Boyd, Josh....DT....Ankle
Rodgers, Aaron....QB....Calf
Sitton, Josh....G....Toe
Lacy, Eddie....RB....Knee

Looks like the Packers, although dinged up (ie Rodgers calf) are all likely to be available for Sunday.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
are teams known to "fudge" those to make other teams think they might be more banged up than they are?

i mean, just wondering.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":1y7rafga said:
are teams known to "fudge" those to make other teams think they might be more banged up than they are?

i mean, just wondering.

The definitions are a bit flexible, but they can't lie. If a guy practices they can't list him as not practicing and if he doesn't practice they can't say he did. When the status comes out, this is where the flexibility is found, because each rating is just how strong the chance is that they play. The only status that can't be fudged any is the out status. Pete is pretty good about being straight forward and from what I've seen posting these each week, most teams seem to be pretty straight forward in their reports most of the time. Part of it though is knowing the tendencies of a particular team. Listening to Pete's press conferences, I can tell usually when he thinks a guy can play or not this week. I really don't have that same feel for most of the other teams as I don't listen to them week in and week out. The best way to get a feel for that is to try to see what their beat writers are saying. They usually have the best feel for this type of thing.

This is for the right to play in the Super Bowl. You can pretty much figure that anyone who can play will play.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":2uqrocnr said:
thanks. so there could be some "strategy" and flexibility with probable.....

There COULD be, but probable generally means they are more than likely to be ready to go on game day, and since it's the NFC Championship game, guys are more apt to go than sit, so I would say it's safe to assume everyone on that list is available.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":2ocmhex3 said:

i mean, just wondering.

Absolutely. Belicheat has perfected the art of withholding information on his injury reports in order to keep certain injuries or non-injuries as vague as possible.

That's why you hear Pete and the players say "We're preparing for the Packers as if their entire team is 100%." Teams that get into who's 100% and who's not 100% are the teams that get surprised and lose.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Basically there is alot of flexibility and gamemanship going on. For example...

Practice Status
DNP = Did not participate in practice
LP = Limited Participation in Practice - Less than 100% of a player's normal repetitions
FP = Full Participation - 100% of a player's normal repetitions
Out = Player will not play

The above basically means nothing because limited participation is ridiculously broad and did not participate can have a million reasons behind it most not even directly injury related. Then you have game status...

Game Status
Doubtful = 25% chance a player will play
Questionable = 50% chance a player will play
Probable = 75% chance a player will play

Basically anything above Doubtful means they will be playing and even at Doubtful because it's the playoffs they will likely at least give it a shot to play a series or two and see if they can go. Belicheck messes with the injury report like Di Vinci and has been playing games with it for years.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vpfcfp3 said:
YYZHawksFan":2vpfcfp3 said:

i mean, just wondering.

Absolutely. Belicheat has perfected the art of withholding information on his injury reports in order to keep certain injuries or non-injuries as vague as possible.

That's why you hear Pete and the players say "We're preparing for the Packers as if their entire team is 100%." Teams that get into who's 100% and who's not 100% are the teams that get surprised and lose.

Also, I'd like to add that most players play when they aren't 100% and if they fully practice every week, their name never hits an injury report. Manning is a prime example this year. He was playing injured but fully practiced every week, so nobody got news of the injury. Last year, we found out after the season that Wilson had an injured shoulder the last part of the season, but he too practiced daily and never hit the reports, so nobody knew of the issue. That kind of thing is very common.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/556200643317092352[/tweet]

Practice Information hasn't been posted officially but saw this tweet out there.

Not surprised at Johnson. Pete didn't sound too sure about him yesterday. Britt is a bit of a surprise. Hopefully he's able to go, but if not, Gilliam is officially the backup as listed on the depth chart, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bailey out there.

Should be better information after the press conference coming up in about 15 minutes

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank]

Friday

SEAHAWKS

Did Not Participate
Simon, Tharold....CB....Illness

Limited Participation
Britt, Justin....T....Knee

Full Participation
Johnson, Jeron....SS....Elbow
Moeaki, Tony....TE....Calf
Unger, Max....C....Ankle
Bennett, Michael....DE....Not Injury Related
Lynch, Marshawn....RB....Not Injury Related
McDaniel, Tony....DT....Shoulder

Game Status

Questionable
Britt, Justin....T....Knee
Johnson, Jeron....SS....Elbow

Probable
Moeaki, Tony....TE....Calf
Unger, Max....C....Ankle
Bennett, Michael....DE....Not Injury Related
Lynch, Marshawn....RB....Not Injury Related
McDaniel, Tony....DT....Shoulder
Simon, Tharold....CB....Illness

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
These are the regular season definitions of player statuses:

Game Status
Doubtful = 25% chance a player will play
Questionable = 50% chance a player will play
Probable = 75% chance a player will play

These are the playoff versions of those statuses:

Game Status
Out = It's out of my hands and I think Coach and Doc are conspiring against me!
Doubtful = I could re-injure myself before the game, but otherwise I'm a go!
Questionable = There is absolutely no question whether I'll be ready to play or not!
Probable = Neither Hell nor high water will keep me off the field on Sunday!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like they don't buy the Rogers status either. Two of their best as probabable. Bullcrapola

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":3jec0b4t said:
Thanks. Looks like they don't buy the Rogers status either. Two of their best as probabable. Bullcrapola

Probable is the highest status possible for any player on the injured list. They are all going to be available.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
kidhawk":37lnv4f9 said:
YYZHawksFan":37lnv4f9 said:

Probable is the highest status possible for any player on the injured list. They are all going to be available.
The post above was very good as are your updates. :D