"Predictabevell"

RussB

Reaction score
Bevells play calling is way too basic. Dude called like 20 screen passes as if they where working. Then ran predictable runs over and over again. Atleast throw up a deep ball to jimmy graham he can catch even if hes double covered. All they do with graham is make him run out routes they dont even use him to his full potential.

But what really gave the game away was dion bailey tripping and giving up the td. I dont blame him for that i blame kam for not being their

White Devil

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2nrw17f0 said:
White Devil":2nrw17f0 said:
Exactly. All I hear is that we're a power run team first. Really?

We are not a power run team. Our OL is lighter than any in the league. We aren't overpowering anyone, especially not St. Louis.

When they had MRob in the backfield they were a power running team. That's how they won a Super Bowl.

THAT'S the point.

Since then, the offense has evolved into a bubble screen team and spread offense.

Again. THAT'S the point.

The offense Bevell wants to run sucks. The offense Bevell will call in a couple of weeks after Pete gets on his ass again like last year, will be better. This is the same way the offense tried to start last season.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3fph1awc said:
We could score 50 points and people would still blame it on Bevell.

Nevermind that our LBs messed the bed and Carroll handed Fisher an OT field goal.

Those aren't factors in every single game we play, including the ones where Wilson and Lynch bail Bevell out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3v00ikhv said:
We could score 50 points and people would still blame it on Bevell.
Exaggerate much? That is simply not true.

If this offense was scoring 50 points a game no one would be calling Bevell out for being a crappy play caller because if we were scoring 50 on offense this simply wouldn't be the case. Go back and find posts during the stretch a few back when we averaged 50 points per game, I can guarantee you no one was bashing Bevell.

He is not some innocent victim, him failing at his job is on HIM, and the criticism is more than warranted IMHO.

The talented individuals on this team bail his rear out of the fire more times than not, but it's not going to happen every time.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3jm7ea9j said:
Those early FGs are on Russ, IMO. We can draw up plays to big targets all day, but Russ has to let it go and stop double clutching every play until the 4th quarter.
I know it's fun to play the contrarian card at times, but really?

To act like the piss poor play calling had nothing to do with this loss is silly.

Was it the only reason? Of course not, the D sucked (see the linebackers and new safety) the o-line sucked, the special teams in coverage sucked, Russ was horrible at times, Pete had the boner offside kick call, but the majority of the blame IMHO, goes to the clown calling the offensive plays. He neuters this offense through his pitiful play calling.

kujohawk

Reaction score
He neuters this offense through his pitiful play calling.[/quote]

Yes he does. Russell should just turn off the radio or change channels hell break the darn thing. We had the ball on the twelve third and three with four minutes left. We didn't have a get a first down play called no we'll fool them andl huck it into double coverage at the back of the endzone then kick a field goal. I think Bevell should be put on IR till the brain cramps go away and let Russ call the plays.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
White Devil":10uveoi7 said:
DavidSeven":10uveoi7 said:
White Devil":10uveoi7 said:

We are not a power run team. Our OL is lighter than any in the league. We aren't overpowering anyone, especially not St. Louis.

When they had MRob in the backfield they were a power running team. That's how they won a Super Bowl.

THAT'S the point.

Since then, the offense has evolved into a bubble screen team and spread offense.

Again. THAT'S the point.

The offense Bevell wants to run sucks. The offense Bevell will call in a couple of weeks after Pete gets on his ass again like last year, will be better. This is the same way the offense tried to start last season.

Pete got on him? I must have missed that, it's Petes lack of getting on him that provides the only reason Bevell is still coaching here, it's not like this is the first year he's been bad.

I will never understand ignoring factors that are hindering your team from becoming better. The only reason he's here is because the players we have, can overcome his ineptitude. It doesn't make it any less frustrating though.

inda2o6

Reaction score
The problem is Bevell doesn't care that the opponents know that the play he has called. He expects our team to execute it perfectly. When the players dont't it, that's the players fault, not his "perfectly designed plays" that didn't work. That is a personality disorder our OC has. He minimizes his role in the play and that is something that only can be fixed by replacing him. I know about personality disorders, because i have one & am mentally ill, I see this type of behavior everyday, locked up in WSH.

White Devil

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":fxstbw4c said:
White Devil":fxstbw4c said:
DavidSeven":fxstbw4c said:
White Devil":fxstbw4c said:

THAT'S the point.

Again. THAT'S the point.

Pete got on him? I must have missed that, it's Petes lack of getting on him that provides the only reason Bevell is still coaching here, it's not like this is the first year he's been bad.

I will never understand ignoring factors that are hindering your team from becoming better. The only reason he's here is because the players we have, can overcome his ineptitude. It doesn't make it any less frustrating though.

Well got on him is a guess but I do remember after the first couple of weeks last year during the whole Percy fiasco and for a couple of weeks after, Pete talked about exactly that. Being more physical. Running the ball more. Ground & Pound. And they actually did despite not having Coleman and having to pick up Tukuafu.

Isn't this the same conversations this board was having about week 6 last year?

olyfan63

Reaction score
If we're going to be that predictable, at least we could do it like Oregon does, same play every time, QB reads whats there and goes there. It did seem like we were most effective in no-huddle.

Omahawk

Reaction score
The only thing I will say about the play calling today was that when we had 3rd and 25 a run up the gut is a bad play. Marshawn came back to the sideline shaking his head. At least give us a chance to convert it. Might as well punt on third down and try to get the other team to burn a time out because it caught them off guard. Yes, Lynch is capable of pulling 25 yards out of nowhere but not in that scenario. Throw it next time.