Pricey to be a Hawks Fan..anyone actually get tickets legit?

BocciHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1x2rkofe said:
What I don't understand and maybe somebody can explain to me is why are tickets sold so cheap initially to the point where they sell out in like 2 seconds? You would think they would raise ticket prices and make more money instead of selling them cheap so that brokers can buy them up to resell for profit.

Actually as a charter seat holder, our ticket prices have gone up extremely in the last few years. It was not long ago that tickets in my section were $50 or thereabouts and now they are $120. They've more than doubled in five years. I've complained about it repeatedly.

They have raised prices, is the short version. My initial season tickets cost me $8 per ticket per game. (Admittedly worse seats.)

I will also echo other people, there was a wretched season a while back where I couldn't find anyone who would give me $20 for my 50 yard line seat vs. the Indigenous Peoples except for scalpers so I just ate it and had an empty seat next to me... there were YEARS where I literally couldn't get anyone to come to games with me... so there's nothing wrong with making back some of that expense by selling tickets for a bit of extra cash, and also, if someone wants to skip the bad years and come just to watch the team when it's kicking butt, well, there's a penalty for that, it's called not getting tickets at face value.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
You wanna know what's really pricey? Having season tickets for nearly 20 years, and how much you end up eating during bad seasons on tickets to games that NOBODY wants to go to. What's really pricey? Having to pay full price every single season for pre-season tickets.

As someone who couldn't give away tickets in the past (handed some to a bum once), sorry if I don't have even an ounce of sympathy for all of the fans that seem to be everywhere now that complain about not being able to get them at face value.

Want face value playoff tickets? Get season tickets.

Want season tickets? Get them when they are available. (HINT. It's not when the team is good.)

Can't do those things, that's understandable. Just don't expect to be able to get in demand tickets that everyone in the city also wants for a fair price. Things that fit such a category are not meant to be expected.

Loyalty and sticking with your team has it's rewards.

Front-running has it's cost.

Go Hawks.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SeaTown81":d682lcr3 said:
You wanna know what's really pricey? Having season tickets for nearly 20 years, and how much you end up eating during bad seasons on tickets to games that NOBODY wants to go to. What's really pricey? Having to pay full price every single season for pre-season tickets.

As someone who couldn't give away tickets in the past (handed some to a bum once), sorry if I don't have even an ounce of sympathy for all of the fans that seem to be everywhere now that complain about not being able to get them at face value.

Want face value playoff tickets? Get season tickets.

Want season tickets? Get them when they are available. (HINT. It's not when the team is good.)

Loyalty and sticking with your team has it's rewards.

Front-running has it's cost.

Go Hawks.
Exactly. I couldn't give mine away during the mora year and Holmgrens last. Bandwagon fans.... You just need to eat it.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hawk Strap":1jgxuq8y said:
I have a lot of money. I can buy whatever seats I want. Fart

Hawk Strap, meet SeaTown81. SeaTown81, meet Hawk Strap.

SeaTown81":1jgxuq8y said:
You wanna know what's really pricey? Having season tickets for nearly 20 years, and how much you end up eating during bad seasons on tickets to games that NOBODY wants to go to.

Rob12

Reaction score
There's an online auction going on at my work for two tickets in the 100 level. The auction is barely 12 hours old and it's already up to $2,500. Wouldn't be surprised to see it hit $5K by the time it's over.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
I just got mine off stubhub... Sec 328 row AA. 550 for two. Bank account looks awful but happy new year to me haha! :thirishdrinkers: