Pro Bowl Nominations

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
SacHawk2.0":1xbj7qj4 said:
Seahawk Sailor":1xbj7qj4 said:
Arguably Russell Wilson should have made it over Andrew Luck, Tony Romo, or Jamal Charles. He has stats close to or better than them in several aspects.

...That's not how the Pro Bowl works.

Luck and Charles are both AFC players, and Charles is a RB not a QB....

I'll agree on Romo.

Well you see, Timmy, the joke is... that Russell Wilson as a quarterback has almost as good of rushing stats as Jamal Charles does as a running back.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
It's not even close. I'll take Russ and 2+ Superb Owl wins over Lucks honorable mentions as a contributing QB to the marketing machine that is the NFL.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Russ got snubbed, but it is hard to argue against the other QBs. It's a position loaded with talent. Only guy I can make an argument against is probably Luck who has had some ups and downs this season.

Seems like a lot of guys made the pro-bowl off of name recognition and reputation, such as LeSean McCoy and AJ Green.

netskier

Reaction score
Those six quarterbacks are all generational talents, whereas RW is a Next Generational talent, and he is inventing the next generational quarterback category. The Pro Bowl has to catch up to him.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Personally I would have included Romo but I think it's easy to argue Wilson ahead of Big Ben or Luck. High volume stats with the accompanying turnovers that cost their team games, and neither has had half the schedule of defenses that Wilson has had. You can't use the excuse that they have to pass a lot when the reason you are rating them highly is that they pass a lot.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
AgentDib":3au41o50 said:
Personally I would have included Romo but I think it's easy to argue Wilson ahead of Big Ben or Luck. High volume stats with the accompanying turnovers that cost their team games, and neither has had half the schedule of defenses that Wilson has had. You can't use the excuse that they have to pass a lot when the reason you are rating them highly is that they pass a lot.

The only thing that chaps my hide about Romo is that he gets 6-7 seconds to throw every time he drops back, and has a world beater at WR along with a top-tier TE, not to mention a stellar running game. I realize there are other angles of looking at this, because it appears I'm penalizing him just because the rest of his cast does their job so well; HOWEVER, how many times -over the past gazillion seasons- have we witnessed him make incredibly stupid decisions when he was limited to 3 seconds or less? He would fold like a cheap seat if exposed to the pressure Wilson and Luck have face. Luck may throw a lot of picks, but the end result of most of his games are W's. Romo cannot bail himself out unless he has time for coffee and a pedicure.

A

Anonymous

Hawk-Lock":355xviqv said:
Russ got snubbed, but it is hard to argue against the other QBs. It's a position loaded with talent. Only guy I can make an argument against is probably Luck who has had some ups and downs this season.

Seems like a lot of guys made the pro-bowl off of name recognition and reputation, such as LeSean McCoy and AJ Green.

This.

Verbatim.

jacobsod

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":cnkupmh0 said:

Absa-friggin-lootly! Not only was Russ snubbed...Andrew Luck was on there? WTH?!?!?! :pukeface:

I watched this weeks Inside the NFL last night and it made me sick AGAIN how Luck was getting so much praise. So tired of Russ not being included in these conversations. I understand Russ is still young, so try to give the media the benefit of the doubt, but then there they go...bring up Neckbeard Luck. And they said our "driving force" player is Lynch. Yeah Lynch is part of the heart and soul of our team, but RUSS is the "driving force"! UGH.

Simply put...even with all the talented Quarterbacks out there, I would not trade Russ for ANY of them.

Phteven

Reaction score
Meeker":1khd5rlc said:
Phteven":1khd5rlc said:
Congrats to the guys who were selected. Russ got robbed though.

Who should he have made it over?
its already been covered, but I was thinking luck. Luck gets a pass on a lot of mistakes.

I think romo deserves his spot, for sure. That guy has had a heck of a season.

Schadie001

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2sckm8yh said:
Seahawk Sailor":2sckm8yh said:
Arguably Russell Wilson should have made it over Andrew Luck, Tony Romo, or Jamal Charles. He has stats close to or better than them in several aspects.

...That's not how the Pro Bowl works.

Luck and Charles are both AFC players, and Charles is a RB not a QB....

I'll agree on Romo.

Doesn't matter what conference you played in. They just selected the Top 6 QB's that's why there are 4 from the AFC and only 2 from the NFC this year. Luck should in no way made this team.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Into this "Russell was snubbed" discussion, an article--a decent one-- from Bleacher Report that agrees with the perspective that RW is elite, and probably should be there: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/res ... ar-BBhakX8.

Edited to add, I just saw this link was posted on the other thread on Pro Bowl Noms.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I think Bennett was the most deserving Hawk that didn't make it, and you all likely know I love Russ so that's saying something. And as much as I love him, I think Russ was borderline IMO.

McGruff

Reaction score
The bulk of PB voting was probably finished by the 3/4 makr, and at that point Russ was looking decidely average. He's come on late, and that's fine with me, but the mid season swoon probably cost him some votes.

Pleasantly surprised by Wagner though. When healthy, he's an obvious difference maker, but I assumed his injuries would have kept the voters at bay.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Congrats to Wags!!! No surprise that he got in.
Russ got robbed IMO.
No matter, hopefully none of the Hawks can play in that stupid game anyways. :th2thumbs:

Oh, and speaking of The Lions; The SS James Ihedigbo is saying that they have the best Safety tandem in the NFL.
When I heard that on NFL AM this morning, I about choked on my coffee. Quinn has been having a really good year but, Uh, James...you obviously haven't been paying attention to the rest of the league and are an idiot. Earl and Kam are the best tandem in the NFL, and have been for the last 4 seasons.