Prosise and Webb will make their Seahawks debuts on Thursday

Mojambo

Reaction score
I can foresee people getting awfully frustrated and impatient with Procise over the next couple of years.

He's going to take at least as long as Golden Tate to really maximize his potential. But they should DEFINITELY hang in there with him.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Pope will be another Spencer Ware - his work for us is really an audition for another team, where he'll thrown down. We might get a seventh-rounder out of him, but I doubt he sees any playing time here unless Prosise and Brooks biff it and Alex Collins continues to.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":31fa6c8q said:
MizzouHawkGal":31fa6c8q said:
Tical21":31fa6c8q said:
If Prosise plays like garbage, don't we have to keep Pope and fire whoever drafts our RB's?
Doubt it on both counts. I just don't understand why so many think preseason actually means much more then a glorified practice that purposely shows as little as possible.

Question, do you think Russell Wilson would've still been the Seahawks started over Flynn had he played terribly in the preseason back in 2012? I know Flynn had arm issues but I'd venture to guess the coaches would've went in another direction had Russell had poor showings in preseason.
I have no idea but that never happened and more importantly it was his performance in practice that actually gave him the chance to play in those preseason games with the second string in the first place. The games meant little because the real information happens in the practices where they run the actual offense and defense.

Procise just started playing and hasn't even had a chance to play in a preseason game and plays a different position with different expectations. Their situations aren't comparable. Alex Collins has been doing great in practice so he's fine. Rawls and Graham are off preseason PUP so they will be playing for real sooner then later because they can't be put on the regular PUP list.

Flynn never had arm issues other then having a below average NFL arm like Bridgewater his issue was attitude, his teammates lack of respect and/or trust and mental makeup.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":19equa16 said:
Pope will be another Spencer Ware - his work for us is really an audition for another team, where he'll thrown down. We might get a seventh-rounder out of him, but I doubt he sees any playing time here unless Prosise and Brooks biff it and Alex Collins continues to.
I agree. It's a numbers game and he's caught in it like a couple others on this team.

A

Anonymous

Prosise is Prosisely what I was hoping for tonight.

Hope he can hit the holes and follow the blocks without any imProsising on his part. Or, without getting tangled in a Webb of Linebackers...

:mrgreen:

kearly

Reaction score
Tical21":1p1wpxe8 said:
If Prosise plays like garbage, don't we have to keep Pope and fire whoever drafts our RB's?

This made me chuckle (in an "I agree with you" kind of way).

It is weird how our scouting department can be so amazing with late round picks and UDFA but be so clueless with the earlier picks sometimes.

I see Procise as being something akin to the Cordarrelle Patterson of RBs. He's not polished or instinctive, but get the ball in his hands with some green ahead of him and he can make plays. My only real worry for Procise (other than durability) is that he might not be all that fast in the NFL. In college, he didn't blow you away with his pure speed. It was good speed, but not elite speed. He clocked a 4.48 forty at the combine, which is slightly above the NFL average. Normally I woudn't make a big deal of it for a RB, but Procise lives and dies by his speed. Other NFL running backs who run in the 4.50 vicinity compensate for it with vision or skills that Procise lacks.

I hope he has a huge game tonight. He's probably a roster lock either way, might as well be a good roster lock.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Ruminator":3igck35g said:
Cable's comment that Webb is having some difficulty buying into the team speed/effort philosophy (however that was worded) makes me curious as to what exactly we'll see from him in his first preseason game with the 'Hawks. Hopefully something that says "Is that what you think? Watch this!"

I had the impression that it was more due to him having had an injury earlier in the offseason that delayed things, rather than actual lack of effort on Webb's part. I could be wrong though.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":csehwpu8 said:
Really excited to see Prosise. Really not excited to see Webb

I'm actually more excited for Webb. If he can be what Frank Omiyale was for Tom Cable in 2012, then I'll feel a LOT better about our current tackle situation. Cable has done well with crappy vets in the past. I'm curious to see how Webb does.

And maybe it's nothing, but Seattle did go after Webb pretty aggressively and I think almost anyone would agree that they overpaid for him. They must have seen something in his 2015 tape they really liked. Hopefully they know what they are doing.

Ozzy

Reaction score
A couple of guys I really trust in the scout world absolutely love Prosise and think he has a chance to be very, very good. I guess that is what makes this stuff fun. We don't really know until they hit the field. Excited to see it unfold.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Dave Wyman asked Prosise how he felt about converting from WR to RB in the year when his draft eligibility was coming up because "that makes it harder to get drafted."

Prosise's response: "I just wanted to do whatever it took to help the team and to get wins."

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I hope CJ Prosise has that special playmaking ability we had in former Seahawk and Golden domer--Tate. Although not as elusive, he is bigger and appears to be a more instinctual runner than Tate.

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Prosise had a slow 10-yard split because he flinched during his 40, setting off the timer early.

5LPcFT2

Three tenths of a second had elapsed, and Prosise still had both feet behind the starting line. He's damn fast though, with immediate acceleration, and probably would have run a 4.4 flat if he just had a cleaner get off.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2lqsloxr said:
http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/08/26/locker-room-sound-vs-cowboys-cj-prosise-sees-first-playing-time

I'm hoping we get a chance to see Prosise's second level second gear next game. His 1.57 10 yard split is pretty good, but it's when he hits that second level that he has a second gear with the ball in his hands.
So you're saying you want the horizontal passing game? 8)

Procise is Harvin but he actually played the positions and runs routes per the tree. He's a wide receiver with a running back body. Think about that, a real wingback.

I know it hurts you guys that love our defense but get ready for us to actually be ready to play New England in Boston straight up point for point.

Seafan

Reaction score
We really haven't seen enough of Prosise and Collins.

I remember last year early in preseason there were folks here who thought Rod Smith was better than Rawls and didn't expect Rawls to make the team.

I'm eager to see what the Hawks think of these young guys.

It's easy to be critical of how the Hawks draft but you must admit that how they handle the roster decisions is very good. Some fans wondered about giving up on Turbin and Michael and going with Rawls and Jackson as the backups.

I admire the determination and effort the Hawks have shown to develop and maintain a dominant running game.

The team valued Lynch and doggedly pursued him until they got him from Buffalo. Their appraisals of Michael and Ware were not wrong. Turbin was a solid 3rd down/change of pace back worth every penny.

I expect that how the RB roster finally shakes out will be excellent once again.

Latest posts