Prospect battle: Marquise Lee vs. Odell Beckham

Which WR would you rather have Seattle draft?

• Odell Beckham

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Marquise Lee

Votes: 34 56.7%

• Total voters

nanomoz

Reaction score
Lee. He reminds me of Jag great Jimmy Smith. Effortless.

Beckham looks like Nate Burleson coming out of UNR.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
This is really tough.

Lee just seems like he will be a beast, regardless of how he tested at the combine.

OB is more than the flavor of the month, and just feels like a seahawk type of player. I think I'd take OB, but would be really happy with either.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Lee, to me, is the better player with better skills. Lee is also a china doll. I believe Lee is tough as nails, but his body is already breaking down. I would take him off my board.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3epgevef said:
This is really tough.

Lee just seems like he will be a beast, regardless of how he tested at the combine.

OB is more than the flavor of the month, and just feels like a seahawk type of player. I think I'd take OB, but would be really happy with either.

It's not as if he tested like Jarvis Landry. Lee's numbers are NFL caliber. They just weren't eye popping.

4.5 speed. Good acceleration. Good explosive numbers. I think it's more of a case of not meeting expectation as opposed to actually being poor numbers.

It just seems that the idea of his poor combine really has taken on a life of it's own. Almost as if he's lumped into the Landry class. He had a God awful combine. The kind of combine that puts his body of tape in serious doubt. His speed and explosion scores would be decent if he were a blocking TE. And in fact his time would have been considered bad for any of the R1/R2 TEs in this year's class. To give an accurate comparison, CJ Fiedorowicz who is considered the least athletic of the R2/R3 TE prospects beat every single metric Landry attempted.

Lee's numbers don't really do that. Although in a deep class, they don't help his case. They don't preclude him from the day 1 discussion either. Ultimately it won't lead people to view his tape with suspicion.

pcbball12

Reaction score
I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Both have pro-bowl level talent IMO. Beckham is a little more quick twitch and electrifying. Offers more in punt and kick return game. Everything Lee does is just so smooth, looks effortless...which is a sign of a natural football player. I personally like Beckham a tad more because he posseses more "special traits" (quickness in and out of breaks, electrifying with ball in his hands, and some of the most natural hands I have seen). As I said though, I love both and would be ecstatic with either.

aawolf

Reaction score
Is it just me, or did Beckham's highlight reel look like Sidney Rice highlights? Jump balls (that RW always throws) would be money going to him. Lee looks more like the Golden Tate variety and we've got Percy for that now. I pick Beckham.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I keep wondering why people on here keep bringing up OBJ. Why not Landry? Between OBJ and Landry, Landry is much more solid and overall just better and its not really close.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Interesting I like both. I've watched more of Lee and I think he was special in college.

Both are roughly the same size.

Lee- 6-0 (measured just shy of 6'), 192 lbs, 31 3/4" arms, 9 1/2" hands.
OBJ- 5'11", 198 lbs, 32 3/4" arms, 10" hands.

OBJ is thicker, longer arms and bigger hands. So I think he's got that going for him as well

Lee- 4.52, 40-time, 38"-vert, 127.0" broad, 4.01- 20 yd shuttle
OBJ- 4.43, 40-time, 38.5"-vert, 122" broad, 3.94- 20 yd shuttle, 7 reps- bench.

OBJ has better measurable overall against Lee. However the 7 reps on the bench is concerning. You would hope he be in the 12-15ish range.

I would be happy with either, especially if we were able to trade back and pick 1 of the other at the top of round 2.