Question about Kam

Hawkfish

Reaction score
I think the interesting thing would be if team doctors felt that he could play, but he was getting outside medical opinion that he should not and was not wanting to risk his career, the dynamics of that outcome.

Mojambo

Reaction score
If Kam decides to play, the Seahawks should say "yay!" and immediately pencil him in as SS. He was a pretty productive player before the injury, despite the degrading physical skills. He would be SUCH a boon in raising up all the young pups in the secondary.

I really don't see any reason Seattle would try to force him to retire. He's the one taking on the risk. He's getting his money either way.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Love Kam but football is a business.

If Kam can’t play anymore, or if the team doesn’t think it’s safe for him to play, then he will be cut if he doesn’t retire. He’s worth $2.3 million in cap relief if cut. I know that sounds cold but it’s the right thing to do.

I’d prefer to not see the brilliant player that was Kam paralyzed for life or worse by allowing him to force the issue. However it works out he will never be poor and he will always be regarded as an exceptional player.

chris98251

Reaction score
I have to wonder if Earl will have the same opinion about Kam as he had about Bobby. I do think he would be a excellent secondary coach, Sherman as well.

Vesuve

Reaction score
original poster":15yxdvy9 said:
Sgt. Largent":15yxdvy9 said:
original poster":15yxdvy9 said:
No they can't.

It's a situation that I hope doesn't get ugly, both sides need to do the right thing, but I suspect both sides will be looking after number 1.

So what happens? We just put him on IR to start the year and eat his salary?

Kam's a good guy, but he's already shown us by holding out that he has no problem putting the Hawk's in a bad situation. Especially if means giving up 9.5M.

I believe if he refuses to retire, that's exactly what will happen.

It's going to be very interesting to see how it pans out.

The organization cannot do anything while he's on IR.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3orhwbn1 said:
Love Kam but football is a business.

If Kam can’t play anymore, or if the team doesn’t think it’s safe for him to play, then he will be cut if he doesn’t retire. He’s worth $2.3 million in cap relief if cut. I know that sounds cold but it’s the right thing to do.

I’d prefer to not see the brilliant player that was Kam paralyzed for life or worse by allowing him to force the issue. However it works out he will never be poor and he will always be regarded as an exceptional player.

Yup. Sorry to treat the players like cattle, but I would expect him to be cut.