Question: (Bowie at G Thread)

SDHawk

Reaction score
Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, and Marqise Lee are all expected to go higher than him. You expect 4 WRs to go in the first round given how deep the class is?

jblaze

Reaction score
I think when you have so many underclassmen WR's coming out, it helps push them back a little bit because people think they can get them or an alternate later. So perhaps, this helps us get "our guy" at our 1st pick.

Also some of these kids are really young. Oh how things have changed. No longer are people really concerned about where they're drafted. It's all about that second contract money wise now and it's obvious that's what these kids are thinking coming out so young.

Axx

Reaction score
The good news for carp is that he will have plenty of time looking for a partner on plenty of fish lol

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I can actually see Seattle bringing back Giacomini. I'm pretty sure we'll allow him to test the open market with the agreement that we will still resign him if he doesn't like what he sees on the market. We've done that before with our players -- give them the opportunity to earn market value but still put it in their ear that we would be willing to match it if the dollars are right.

The RT market cooled considerably last year. I'm pretty confident Breno won't find 3m+ out there. Giacomini is still a solid contributor who can still perform while relieving us the need to spend a higher pick at OT if the talent doesn't fall there. Breno is still in his prime and should be solid from that perspective for several more years to come.

Really, the only reason to part ways with him is salary. We signed him at a time where we were still collecting starter talent and needed him to allow us to address other needs. We're not at that point anymore so we aren't needing to overpay for a good but not great starter.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2vxps1hq said:
I can actually see Seattle bringing back Giacomini. I'm pretty sure we'll allow him to test the open market with the agreement that we will still resign him if he doesn't like what he sees on the market. We've done that before with our players -- give them the opportunity to earn market value but still put it in their ear that we would be willing to match it if the dollars are right.

The RT market cooled considerably last year. I'm pretty confident Breno won't find 3m+ out there. Giacomini is still a solid contributor who can still perform while relieving us the need to spend a higher pick at OT if the talent doesn't fall there. Breno is still in his prime and should be solid from that perspective for several more years to come.

Really, the only reason to part ways with him is salary. We signed him at a time where we were still collecting starter talent and needed him to allow us to address other needs. We're not at that point anymore so we aren't needing to overpay for a good but not great starter.

There are just so many other guys we need to bring back, including Bennett, Golden Tate and Tony McDaniel. There's also Doug Baldwin, Walter Thurmond, Tavaris Jackson, Lemuel Jean-Pierre, etc. I just find it hard to believe that Breno is anywhere near the top of our priorities given the salary he will likely command ($3mm+).

I think the better option is to try Bowie or Alvin Bailey at RT and bring in some young blood for depth at a cheaper rate like Seantrel Henderson in the 4th/5th round.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Bowie did have a solid game for us, but the Niners front is a whole different kind of animal. Hope he has another great game.