Quick Hits...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
-- It was so nice to see us return to Seahawks Football last night against a hated rival in their house. Even though the rivalry has been tempered somewhat, it's always easy to hate those fans. I can't believe that I ALMOST feel sorry for Sackorpick.

-- I forgive Bennett for his mind-numbing encroachment penalties he causes at times. With performances like last night, he's allowed the ocassional bone-headed penalty. He played like a man who single-handedly was going to win that game for us, absolutely Refusing To Lose (tip of the cap to the Mariner's old catchphrase when they actually mattered). He was heard telling the defense coming out after halftime that the score was 0-0. Damn right.

-- Wilson played very well despite two interceptions. The one to Kearse I feel was on Kearse. Yeah he was double-covered and it wasn't the best throw but Kearse absolutely quit on that play and allowed the defender to pick the ball off. Unacceptable. His throw to Baldwin was late and Wilson admitted as much. Still, I love the aggression. Those picks could have hurt us against a better team but in this game, they didn't matter.

-- The Seahawks got their swag back. It was against a team that just can't figure out how to beat us. We are both built similar but we clearly have the superior talent. They are but a ghost of what they were 3 years ago when they were in the Super Bowl. This team needed this kind of game on the road in front of the nation to remind themselves that they are still one of the best teams in football, even if it hasn't seemed like it due to 4th quarter meltdowns.

-- Dallas is a MUST WIN game. We must make it to .500 headed into the bye. We need to get on a win streak and two wins on the road headed into the bye would be a tremendous mental boost as we prepare for our playoff push in the second half of the season. Plus I will be at the game and I refuse to accept a loss in person! (I was not at the Panthers game)

-- I believe the Wilson/Graham Chemistry Machine is starting to get the final bugs out. You can tell they are starting to click. As long as Wilson distributes the ball around and not just focus on Graham it will benefit everyone. I have a feeling we are going to see that W/G connection in the manifest in the endzone the second half of the season.

-- The OL is making progress. Yes Wilson was under duress still and was sacked 4 or 5 times but I am seeing them definitely improve in the run game and even in the passing game. They are beginning to play more cohesively as a unit as you should expect with each passing week and Cable at the helm with this unit. There is still a long ways to go but the improvement is evident.

-- Earl Thomas made a comment in the post game interview that Warren Moon was one of the doubters. Anyone know what he is referring to? Moon is always on our side and his analysis is fair. Earl's chip on his shoulder is massive right now and I love it but the Moon reference had me scratching my head.

-- I didn't post my thoughts last night because quite frankly there were a lot of negative fans that pissed me off. I came in to celebrate a great win only to find fans bitching about the team still. Give it a break. There's PLENTY of time to be negative but fresh off a dominate win against a rival on the road is not one of them.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Great post, thanks for sharing!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's hard for me to say Dallas is a must win, but it's as close as you can get.

This team has no room to slide back to 3-5 against a weak Dallas team with how well Arizona's playing. It'll be the real test to see if this team can get some momentum and go on a run.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":ljdwm5i7 said:
-- Dallas is a MUST WIN game. We must make it to .500 headed into the bye. We need to get on a win streak and two wins on the road headed into the bye would be a tremendous mental boost as we prepare for our playoff push in the second half of the season. Plus I will be at the game and I refuse to accept a loss in person! (I was not at the Panthers game)

I agree on winning the Dallas game. We need to put together back to back wins to get back that confidence that we've had the past few seasons. That is mostly what seems lost right now. We did get some of that back last night, but a loss in Dallas without Romo could see that confidence fall again and we can't afford that.

-- Earl Thomas made a comment in the post game interview that Warren Moon was one of the doubters. Anyone know what he is referring to? Moon is always on our side and his analysis is fair. Earl's chip on his shoulder is massive right now and I love it but the Moon reference had me scratching my head.

I missed both the comment by Earl and whatever it was that Moon may have said. Honestly, right not the team has taken a lot of criticism even from it's more vocal proponents, so it wouldn't surprise me if Moon made some honest assessments of how the team has fared thus far that weren't 100% RAH RAH. One thing I'm sure of is that in his heart, Moon is definitely pulling for the Hawks all the time, so I'm not too concerned about it. Earl is Earl and he does love to carry a chip and if that motivates him to be a little more focused than that is nothing but good.

-- I didn't post my thoughts last night because quite frankly there were a lot of negative fans that pissed me off. I came in to celebrate a great win only to find fans bitching about the team still. Give it a break. There's PLENTY of time to be negative but fresh off a dominate win against a rival on the road is not one of them.

One game is a good start, but there is going to be a lot of doubt out there until the team puts up a good run of games. They have had such a poor start to the season, and with the way we've been spoiled the past few years, I can understand why people are hesitating. I'm very happy with the game we played yesterday and excited for the game coming up next week and there's really nothing else to worry about because although we could have won every game we've been in this year, those games are all done and over and it's on to Dallas.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kidhawk":1cziqmre said:
One game is a good start, but there is going to be a lot of doubt out there until the team puts up a good run of games. They have had such a poor start to the season, and with the way we've been spoiled the past few years, I can understand why people are hesitating. I'm very happy with the game we played yesterday and excited for the game coming up next week and there's really nothing else to worry about because although we could have won every game we've been in this year, those games are all done and over and it's on to Dallas.

I agree but it's the overly negative tones that bothered me. Can't we just be happy for a day after a profoundly needed dominate win? I get there are still questions and hesitations and many are in SHOW ME mode after the 4 games we gave up leads in the 4th quarter but come on people, it's not going to hurt to show pleasure and happiness right after a win.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1h6b6q0b said:
kidhawk":1h6b6q0b said:

I agree but it's the overly negative tones that bothered me. Can't we just be happy for a day after a profoundly needed dominate win? I get there are still questions and hesitations and many are in SHOW ME mode after the 4 games we gave up leads in the 4th quarter but come on people, it's not going to hurt to show pleasure and happiness right after a win.

Some of us will be happy, for some (and you've been doing this long enough to know better) happiness is in the griping.

The fact that I have the new baby helps keep me away from the forums when it's gameday and that's probably a good thing. I scroll through at halftime and right after the game just to get a vibe of the place, but emotions are always too high on gameday.