Quick Take vs Giants

irocdave

Reaction score
Hawks did what they should have done to one of the worst teams in the NFL. This game would have been a blowout in the first half if the drops didnt happen. The O line looked good in the first quarter and right when I said it out loud Britt went down. The Giants and more importanlty, Eli Manning are garbage on offense. Their deffense is OK unless it comes down to them to win a game. The Giants are as I said in an earlier thread last week a piper tiger and will be lucky to win another game this year.

The O game plan was different in the first couple of quarters and it was a refreshing change. If the 3 drops didnt happen it would have been over before haltime. RW still hangs on to the ball to long and ruins timing passing plays, and runs out of the pocket when he shouldnt, but this team still has big play makers and will handle most teams left on their schedule this year.

I hope that RW has more confidence in the timing passing plays as the year wears on, he is the weak link in it working. Also dont mind seeing Lacey plow head first in to the LOS once every set of downs as it seems to take a toll on the D lineman. Couple that with the speed and explosiveness of Rawls and the other guy with dreads and bam, instant running game. The RB screen was nice to see as well, just need to back to catch the dam ball....

It was a nice win and totally expected. The Giants suck and this is what should have happened.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
It was nice to see the offense sustain drives and keep our defense rested while wearing out their D. You could see the difference early in the 3rd quarter. The red zone performance on the early drive wasn't so good, but I think that's when Jimmy dropped one in the end zone. Every game worries me because this team has a habit of playing down to the competition. In the end, that didn't happen today and it was a good win.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
irocdave":383mov3a said:
The Giants suck and this is what should have happened.
Yes, and the difference is that it actually DID happen. No nail-biting finish against a lesser team for a change. We destroyed a bad team, just like a good team is supposed to.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Naz Jones is looking like he can be a key member of this defense. He gets his hands on passes all the time and those tips will lead to more interceptions.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
pmedic920":1ul4j9jh said:
Clean up the “stupid” mistakes and finish the season just like that.

When the D & STs play like that, we can live with a middle of the road O.

GoHawks.

I'd gladly take the penalty trade off vs playing soft for some of the game.

I think the penalties come when they are playing with an edge.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Bobblehead":28ozaia2 said:
seahawkfreak":28ozaia2 said:
Bobblehead":28ozaia2 said:
My quick take is it will be a waste of a great defense if our offense can't hold it's end up. We gotta get OL help.

OL has made a significant jump in play as a unit. Not to insult but did you watch the game, specifically the O-line? It is nothing spectacular but nothing like the past two seasons. Key thing too is they have gotten better every week this season. They are at the very least serviceable right now and I am willing to see if they keep getting better.

Umm I saw us struggle early on against a exhausted 1-5 team. Don't let a good performance against a bottom 5 team give you illusions of any thing different. We have seen this before only to come down and hit the turf harder than that Collin's hit on Lockett.

Giants D-line is one of their strengths... Soooo, don't know what you're complaining about.

Actually guess I'm not surprised cause you(r posts) complain constantly. Offense struggled. offensive line wasn't the issue today.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It was a slow start to a solid game. It would be nice to see the team get it together quicker. Got to like what you saw from the D and ST all game and from the O in the 2nd half.

A road W is always sweeter when it is a convincing W. Any W is great but this one was a good team W.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pass protection was better, Run blocking still sucks we're all finesse and we don't dominate the line of scrimmage yet try to dictate what we want to do. Doug and Mckissic bailed out the Line today.

Defense showed what they can do with a breather and special teams solid, Bevell in the Red Zone still needs help, yes Graham dropped passes but like 10 damn plays? inside the 5 and you can't score.

Latest posts