Quinn interviewing for Browns Job

drdiags

Reaction score
Just saw this as well. Deleted my thread and adding my comment here.

Just heard on NFL Network, reported by Ian Rappaport. Interesting. Not sure I would make the move. Hope it works well for him.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

nooooooooo-73233218790.jpeg

McGruff

Reaction score
Can't imagine him making the leap so soon. He's still pretty green, but experience in the interview process will prove valuable down the road.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Take Bevell instead. We'll go pack up his house right now.

McGruff

Reaction score
If by some chance he takes this gig, look for a promotion from within. The favorite IMO would be DL coach Travis Jones, who has the most NFL coaching experience, but don't overlook ken Norton or Rocky Seto.

drdiags

Reaction score
I was figuring Bevell would have gotten an interview first. Not sure why the Browns would fire Chud and then go with a DC who just went through a single season in the role. I know he had time with the Jets and (Lions?), so Lombardi and Banner probably have experience with him.

They could also just want his view of their current roster. Would probably get them Bennett as well, though Desmond Bryant was having a heck of a season until he got hurt.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
From one of the best environments (all around) to THE Factory of Sadness?

...Yeah, I would have laughed in their faces.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I can't see Quinn getting the job though, I think the Browns let go of Chud because they already have a guy in mind. (Have heard its McDaniels) .. Quinn is probably just kicking the tires in case Plan A, B, and C fall short.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I love that Pete is open about letting his coaches look for other jobs. It helps make other coaches want to come here.

However, I hate that the NFL allows teams to contact our guys during the playoffs. I think this was a huge distraction to Bradley last year.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
HawkFan72":cm9ikr7r said:
I love that Pete is open about letting his coaches look for other jobs. It helps make other coaches want to come here.

However, I hate that the NFL allows teams to contact our guys during the playoffs. I think this was a huge distraction to Bradley last year.

Teams can only contact coaches that are still on teams in the playoffs if they are given permission by that team. If Quinn is interviewing with the Browns it is because Carroll and Schneider gave the Browns permission to do so. Some organizations allow it as a sign of good faith with their coaches, and some do not.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hope this is mostly smoke and mirrors with McDaniels being the real candidate as mentioned above. I want Dan around for at least another season.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Absolutely love every single thing about Quinn. Haven't had a complaint about him all season long. Here's to hoping he comes off horribly in interviews !

Jville

Reaction score
:177692:
I have no doubt that Dan Quinn will turn this into a reverse interview.

This will be an information gathering trip to extract useful insight into the Browns organization.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
McGruff":1z34c53c said:
If by some chance he takes this gig, look for a promotion from within. The favorite IMO would be DL coach Travis Jones, who has the most NFL coaching experience, but don't overlook ken Norton or Rocky Seto.
Couldn't agree less. Travis Jones is not coordinator material, he's a pure position coach who was only an assistant DL coach until this season when he came to Seattle (and got a lot of help with the DL from Quinn). Similarly, Norton is a pure position coach who doesn't aspire to be a coordinator. Kris Richard is being groomed for if/when Quinn becomes a HC.

On the subject of Quinn, he's not ready to be a HC yet. This was his first and only season as a DC at the NFL level, and he acquired an already elite defense which is ultimately led by Pete Carroll. He needs at least another year or two (or more) in this type of role before he's ready to lead an entire NFL team.

BamKam

Reaction score
Good! I hope he gets the job because he has killed us this year when we played him.