Quinton Jefferson released

Mizak

Reaction score
Is Al Woods and Poona Ford going the same route?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Poona Ford is an unrestricted free agent so he should be gone.

Al Woods has one year left but will be turning 36 and could retire. He's the only decent DT on our roster right now and was still good last season when he was on the field, but we only played him 400 snaps last season which was down from 600 the previous year. I don't think it would be worth moving on from him for a 3.67m cap savings unless we think that snap count might go down even further in 2023. Pete typically likes having veteran leadership on the defensive line so we may wait and see how the draft unfolds.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Pete and John going younger....making it a statement year...roll those dice!

sutz

Reaction score
He'll probably be available later if we don't fill the DL like we need to.

Scout

Reaction score
As expected the team is doing a reset with the front seven for the most part. Time to move on from my view as many of these players have reached their respective ceilings. They are good rotational players but I wouldn't say they should be solid starters as they can be spot starters if need be.

Poona Ford probably falls into the category more so as a solid starter but I think he will go to a team that will make use of his talents better IMO.

For whatever reason Jefferson has flamed out now and seems to be in a decline. To be frank it is a mystery as he should have some gas in the tank.

Woods in comparison is playing well beyond his age and another year from him would be splendid.

massari

Reaction score
As expected the team is doing a reset with the front seven for the most part. Time to move on from my view as many of these players have reached their respective ceilings. They are good rotational players but I wouldn't say they should be solid starters as they can be spot starters if need be.

Poona Ford probably falls into the category more so as a solid starter but I think he will go to a team that will make use of his talents better IMO.

For whatever reason Jefferson has flamed out now and seems to be in a decline. To be frank it is a mystery as he should have some gas in the tank.

Woods in comparison is playing well beyond his age and another year from him would be splendid.
KJ Wright said that Jefferson and Poona just aren't fits for the scheme anymore.

There's still a chance they bring back Shelby Harris though......

Last edited:

Polk738

Reaction score
Woods is beat the hell up, I'll be very surprised if he lasts next season