R.I.P. Super Bowl XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazerLargent78

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3lcaucrm said:
It's not a time to 'let it go' necessarily but this win will forever soften the blow.

We have now done it. Before yesterday, we were still winless in the big game.

Can we just enjoy the monumental asskicking we laid on PizzaMan and let this XL go? We didn't play as well as Pittsburgh in that game, they got 2 calls wrong, and the rest are the way the chips fall. They earned it, we didn't stop their key plays.

Can we simply enjoy this and not have 50 threads about XL and Leavy? Christ Christmas

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I will never forgive the league or the officials for what they did in XL.

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
LazerLargent78":6z5gfg53 said:
SonicHawk":6z5gfg53 said:
It's not a time to 'let it go' necessarily but this win will forever soften the blow.

Can we just enjoy the monumental asskicking we laid on PizzaMan and let this XL go? We didn't play as well as Pittsburgh in that game, they got 2 calls wrong, and the rest are the way the chips fall. They earned it, we didn't stop their key plays.

Can we simply enjoy this and not have 50 threads about XL and Leavy? Christ Christmas

Spoken like a true 12.

LazerLargent78

Reaction score
BocciHawk":2gopalyu said:

Why? we didn't play well enough to win. We didn't stop their offense. They stopped us when it mattered, a few calls aside that didn't taint the outcome.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
LazerLargent78":3y4khh7l said:
SonicHawk":3y4khh7l said:

Oh, I completely agree.

I'm not thinking about XL right now. I'm enjoying this hangover from the greatest day of my life.

Jebediah-Hawkfan

Reaction score
I am with the OP. Now I can put the mind at ease from the debacle of SB XL. XL is now just a forgotten memory.

Now lets just celebrate the here and now.

swissvale72

Reaction score
BocciHawk":2dh1exas said:

Which calls, Bocci?

*Darrell Jackson fully extending his arm right in front of the official in the end zone and drawing a legit OPI?

*Ben Roethlisberger piercing the goal line while airborne (not once hitting the ground as urban myth would have it) and replay legitimately upholding that call?

*Lochlear holding Clark Haggens throughout and finally getting flagged for it?

Yeah....Bill Leavy apologized. Bill Leavy's a lamebrain. Only call they got wrong was the low block call on Hasselbeck....that is, unless you want to discuss the wrong calls that benefitted the Seahawks (like no flag on the block from behind on the interception return).

Yeah....John Madden said there was no holding on Lochlear. So what?? This is the same John Madden that 40 years later is still whining about the Immaculate Reception. So go ahead...use that fathead as your model. Personally, I'll believe what my eyes tell me. And my eyes told me that the three plays I noted were called correctly.

Honest to God, some of you need an exorcism. Day after the biggest moment in your team's history, and you're STILL bellyaching about a game you lose eight years ago.

LazerLargent78

Reaction score
SonicHawk":p1b2e8dj said:
LazerLargent78":p1b2e8dj said:
SonicHawk":p1b2e8dj said:

Oh, I completely agree.

I'm not thinking about XL right now. I'm enjoying this hangover from the greatest day of my life.

we need more celebrating XLVIII wine and less of the XL whine :th2thumbs:

LazerLargent78

Reaction score
swissvale72":3vg46me2 said:
BocciHawk":3vg46me2 said:

Which calls, Bocci?

*Darrell Jackson fully extending his arm right in front of the official in the end zone and drawing a legit OPI?

*Ben Roethlisberger piercing the goal line while airborne (not once hitting the ground as urban myth would have it) and replay legitimately upholding that call?

Yeah....Bill Leavy apologized. Bill Leavy's a lamebrain. Only call they got wrong was the low block call on Hasselbeck....that is, unless you want to discuss the wrong calls that benefitted the Seahawks (like no flag on the block from behind on the interception return).

Yeah....John Madden said there was no holding on Lochlear. So what?? This is the same John Madden that 40 years later is still whining about the Immaculate Reception. So go ahead...use that fathead as your model. Personally, I'll believe what my eyes tell me. And my eyes told me that the three plays I noted were called correctly.

Honest to God, some of you need an exorcism. Day after the biggest moment in your team's history, and you're STILL bellyaching about a game you lose eight years ago.

ive watched that game many times over. the swiss guy is just about right...... that madden thing i'd have to check into more as i don't usually listen to him about his Raider day rants....too painful.

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
LazerLargent78":3gy8mwrx said:
swissvale72":3gy8mwrx said:
BocciHawk":3gy8mwrx said:

Which calls, Bocci?

ive watched that game many times over. the swiss guy is just about right...... that madden thing i'd have to check into more as i don't usually listen to him about his Raider day rants....too painful.

And really if we hold anyone accountable it's Bill Freakin' Leavy, and the bastard did screw the Steelers out of a playoff berth this season.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
This is a frickin' Seahawks board, you and your kind are not welcome here...please leave

Lady Talon

Reaction score
My brother passed on before his time shortly after the 2011 season. XLVIII is pretty melancholy for me. I'll never forgive for XL, the NFL has been missing my money. I've bought nothing of their brand save for 1 solitary jersey in 8 years, and that was a present.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":3u019vi6 said:
Anyone else finally at piece with what happened that night in Detroit with the refs? Feels like a load was taken off of our shoulder because we finally got our first Lombardi!

Although, imagine if we had two right now ;)

Today, I was finally able to let go of that nightmare.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Lady Talon":ph2yob21 said:
My brother passed on before his time shortly after the 2011 season. XLVIII is pretty melancholy for me. I'll never forgive for XL, the NFL has been missing my money. I've bought nothing of their brand save for 1 solitary jersey in 8 years, and that was a present.

Nice post and my sentiments exactly. Yesterday I was jumping through the roof with excitement, replying to texts from like minded 12s and literally, I'm not embarrassed to admit, shedding the occasional tear of joy.

Suddenly, from my ex wife came a msg that read "your grandfather and Scott are smiling somewhere right now". My tears of joy were instantly replaced with tears of sadness (fortunately it was halftime). My religious beliefs differ from hers. I have no reason to believe these men are smiling anywhere, I only know they died after seeing this team they loved and helped build get RIPPED OFF in XL.

To you supposed fans that feel we did not get ripped off in XL, you are either posing as Hawk fans or are clueless. Take your pick, unless you're both.

Yes we could have played better in XL. We could have played better yesterday too. The point is we played well enough in XL to win. It was the ONLY time in SB history that the losing team won in every important statistical category. The league wrote us a letter of apology and one official said he'd "lost sleep over the years because of the mistakes made in officiating SB XL". A game HE FELT we "should have won by 14 pts had the game been called correctly".

In closing. Some of us are not as selfish as some of you. I get the impression several of you are from the school of "Hey, I got mine and that's all I care about". Good for you. I am also happy for myself and the (real) 12s that stuck with this team through thick and thin. Yesterday was OUR day. But I am not the sort that says "hey, I got mine and that's all I care about" and I feel for those that did not have their day, yesterday. Caring about others is likely why I have as much as I do in this life. YMMV.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
CANHawk":1i8abhrs said:
Naw, I'm with the OP.

Way I see it now is that the universe has righted that particular wrong by bestowing upon us the great Pete Carroll, John Schneider and this incredible team. A team that has already brought us one championship, and is in a fantastic position to win multiple more championships. We won a championship in the most convincing manner possible, against the biggest legend possible, on the biggest stage possible, in the most highly watched Super Bowl of all time. The karmic scales are in complete balance now. I'm at peace with XL. To continue to bitch about it just seems petty in light of recent events.

Time to let it go...

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Sorry, an injustice that never is punished Will NEVER REST with me and I will never grant it PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.