Raiders hire Tom Cable

chris98251

Reaction score
Seriously though, the Raiders Brand is one of the hottest selling Merchandizing items, they will not change it and Mark Davis is a legitimate owner so that is not changing either, Oakland had it's chance to keep them several times over, they really did not want to move.

djb28

Reaction score
Marshawn woke up and called Pete
"Please, can I come back?!"

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Msfann":219rm9m4 said:
I'm guessing Lynch had some input on it too. He must think of cable differently than we do or he might be pissed off now.
Lynch? Who said he’s even playing next year?

Threedee

Reaction score
chris98251":8dl9znj6 said:
Yet Darrell Bevell has yet to be mentioned anywhere as far as I have read.

If the Falcons are tired of the drunkard, they can always try the moron.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Marshawn is a big Tom Cable supporter isn't he? All clues point to Beast.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
This is almost as good as if Dallas hired him. The Raiders supposedly have one of the best Olines in the NFL. I can't wait to see Cable screw them up. Carr is gonna get Carred......I almost feel sorry for him. BTW, should any of the Raiders Olinemen be reading this, RUN RUN RUN to another team now before your value goes in the toilet.

Maulbert

Reaction score
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
This was ALLL Gruden trying to get Lynch going.

Skate to where the puck is going to be Gruden, not where it's been. Both of those ships have sailed.

I wonder if Gruden can take a punch?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
pmedic920":3g3vi6u5 said:
Seahawk_Dan":3g3vi6u5 said:
Called this in another thread. lol

In all fairness, it wasn’t hard to predict.

I don’t know, the way he went out in Oakland — I was pretty surprised they brought him back into the fold. Certainly wouldn’t have been the case if Al was still there.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2wjeq6jv said:

Skate to where the puck is going to be Gruden, not where it's been. Both of those ships have sailed.

Marshawn's the best RB the Raiders have had in a while.

I'm still confused as to why Seahawks fans are trying to downplay a 31 year old RB's solid season. It's almost like you didn't pay attention this season.

Many would argue that the Seahawks' ship sailed when Marshawn left. Maybe that explains it.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":1622lbpw said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1622lbpw said:

I'm still confused as to why Seahawks fans are trying to downplay a 31 year old RB's solid season. It's almost like you didn't pay attention this season.

Many would argue that the Seahawks' ship sailed when Marshawn left. Maybe that explains it.

Are you serious? He had the fewest yards he's had when starting at least 15 games in his entire career, and the first time he's failed to break 1,000yds when starting at least 15 games. As much as I like Lynch, he's lost a step and him+cable are not the answer. Solid season for a 31yr old, but still far from one of his best seasons.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":1njf8izz said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1njf8izz said:

Naw...Shawn went home to sell his brand in his home realm. I seriously doubt he will be playing much after next year, if he even decides to play. He wanted his brand seen around his area to seal his future. I think he has done that.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1h9qpcna said:
SixSeahawk":1h9qpcna said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1h9qpcna said:

Are you serious? He had the fewest yards he's had when starting at least 15 games in his entire career, and the first time he's failed to break 1,000yds when starting at least 15 games. As much as I like Lynch, he's lost a step and him+cable are not the answer. Solid season for a 31yr old, but still far from one of his best seasons.

The whole point is that he IS 31 and you can't expect him to do what a 25 year old RB does. Adrian Peterson had a worse year.

My claim isn't that either of those guys will perform like they used to, but that Marshawn greatly improved the Raiders' run game and would probably outperform any current Hawks RB as well.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":1ob1x09s said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1ob1x09s said:
SixSeahawk":1ob1x09s said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1ob1x09s said:

The whole point is that he IS 31 and you can't expect him to do what a 25 year old RB does. Adrian Peterson had a worse year.

My claim isn't that either of those guys will perform like they used to, but that Marshawn greatly improved the Raiders' run game and would probably outperform any current Hawks RB as well.

Marcus Allen could probably out perform all of the other 57 year old RBs too, but I wouldn't play him. There are better choices. Draft Royce Freeman for 500k/yr and he'll out perform Modern Lynch if we can get a decent O-Line coach. He's past his prime, get over it. Even Lynch would have looked like a chump in Seattle this year.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Raiders O line is physical and talented. Carr should rebound. I can see why Marshawn wanted to MarchOn for Oakland and why Cable and Gruden are now teaming up.
Only way they get that running game going with an aging Marshawn is by using a smart tough fullback.
Too bad MRob has retired or he'd be a raiders too! :sarcasm_off:

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":frv2ozsi said:
SixSeahawk":frv2ozsi said:
Sox-n-Hawks":frv2ozsi said:
SixSeahawk":frv2ozsi said:

Marcus Allen could probably out perform all of the other 57 year old RBs too, but I wouldn't play him. There are better choices. Draft Royce Freeman for 500k/yr and he'll out perform Modern Lynch if we can get a decent O-Line coach. He's past his prime, get over it. Even Lynch would have looked like a chump in Seattle this year.

It was his first year out of retirement, on a new team, in a new system.

In his first season in Seattle he ran for less yards than he did this year (900>600).

Add to that, he started heating up fast as the season progressed......and he stayed completely healthy all season.

He can give any current or upcoming Seahawk RB a run for their money (no pun intended lol) both in performance and durability.