Rams cancel practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I’m sure you didn’t mean anything bad about it, but as a resident of Thousand Oaks, I have to say it did come off as a bit callous. It’s been a rough week for all of us between the shooting at Borderline and then the fires.

I am canceling my plans to go to the game due to the air quality (and because I don’t want to leave my dog right now). The Santa Ana winds are expected to pick up again today and that means anything could happen.

View from my condo on Friday morning:
c0ab921833d91fd71cbe34ac0d814c09.jpg

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
sc85sis":3qhwezk9 said:
I’m sure you didn’t mean anything bad about it, but as a resident of Thousand Oaks, I have to say it did come off as a bit callous. It’s been a rough week for all of us between the shooting at Borderline and then the fires.

I am canceling my plans to go to the game due to the air quality (and because I don’t want to leave my dog right now). The Santa Ana winds are expected to pick up again today and that means anything could happen.

View from my condo on Friday morning:
c0ab921833d91fd71cbe34ac0d814c09.jpg

I’m glad you’re safe.

Again, this is not about the fire. It’s about how an entire team missing a practice impacts a game. The shooting didn’t impact the game, and it’s way to hot of a political topic for this forum. The fire did.

Stay safe and stay on topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I think the post was a little tacky, but I didn't see anything offensive about it, and wouldn't have thought about it like that until it was brought up. The air condition is horrible many places in California, and for those not directly affected by the fires, how the air quality affects life is the big news.

For reference, I'm evacuated from the Camp Fire up in Paradise and Magalia, and as far as I know, the fire line was at the house next door and directly across the street.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":333n50r3 said:
I think the post was a little tacky, but I didn't see anything offensive about it, and wouldn't have thought about it like that until it was brought up. The air condition is horrible many places in California, and for those not directly affected by the fires, how the air quality affects life is the big news.

For reference, I'm evacuated from the Camp Fire up in Paradise and Magalia, and as far as I know, the fire line was at the house next door and directly across the street.

Forest fire smoke is awful and smothering. I can totally understand why they cancelled practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acer1240

Reaction score
RedAlice":19y600xr said:
There will also be a moment of silence before the game to remember those killed in the shooting in the Rams players neighborhood where many died.

Something else you can celebrate I guess.

I had an odd reaction when I read the op as well and my initial thought was that it was callous.

I think he's explained himself quite well in follow up posts however.

Loss of a practice session is a big deal when it comes to the game at hand no matter the reason.

It's been a shitty week in California to say the least and I know the suffering down there trumps anything football related but this is a football board hence this topic.

I hope everyone down there stays safe and no more fatalities occur unless it is Ken Behring if he is even still alive. That bastard can burn in hell

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The "fortunately for Seattle" part was offensive. You just don't say that. If a player from the other team gets injured, you don't say it was "fortunate for us." If they miss practice due to a disaster, it's not a fortunate event. People are dying and losing their homes. That calls for some empathy. It's unfortunate for humanity, regardless of what team you happen to root for.

Go Hawks! Carry on, Rams. Hoping for a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts