Rams Coach Sean McVay's future in limbo.

Jville

Reaction score
Interesting background story afloat going into Sunday's game ......

AA165waO

"Those sources believe McVay will take some time after Sunday's regular-season finale against the Seattle Seahawks to determine whether he will return in 2023.

McVay has gone back and forth on the decision and needs time to get away to process all that has transpired over the past year: winning a Super Bowl, being courted to work in television, getting married, watching his wife's home country of Ukraine invaded, losing his grandfather and then coaching a team that has fallen short of its expectations." https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-angeles-rams-coach-limbo?device=featurephone

Sean McVay has seen a year of non stop challenges.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He should take the Chargers job.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
McVay was hired in 2017. You could say he was part Of the bad Contracts, the f them picks and so on. but cmon, he’s got Baker with some ps receivers having us worried.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Nice story but should be in NFL nation

Relax, the McVay story and the Lions HC Dan Campbell story are both relevant going into game day Sunday. Our moderators can always move them in reaction to game day outcomes and relevance post Sunday.

sutz

Reaction score
Didn't read the article, but I sure hope our Seahawks give him some incentive to retire early. ;)

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
McVay hasn't really done anything big without the help of controversial calls going his way. Not to mention a stacked team of stars that managed to stay healthy.

Between last years SB and the Saints debacle in the NFC Championship game, he's got to be the most beneficial coach of all time for that. I thought his slobbering all over Belichick at SB LIII was a bit unprofessional. He was star struck and it cost him that game.

I'd like to see what he can do with a team on the decline instead of a team spending cash for stars to win quickly. If this year is any indication of that then no wonder he's contemplating not sticking around. One bad year of injuries and restrictive cap space and he's thinking of getting out. He'll sit out for a year or two until another cash spending team comes calling and he'll jump.

I thought he was going to be young prodigy. Certainly looks like something different now.

Seak

Reaction score
McVay hasn't really done anything big without the help of controversial calls going his way. Not to mention a stacked team of stars that managed to stay healthy.

Between last years SB and the Saints debacle in the NFC Championship game, he's got to be the most beneficial coach of all time for that. I thought his slobbering all over Belichick at SB LIII was a bit unprofessional. He was star struck and it cost him that game.

I'd like to see what he can do with a team on the decline instead of a team spending cash for stars to win quickly. If this year is any indication of that then no wonder he's contemplating not sticking around. One bad year of injuries and restrictive cap space and he's thinking of getting out. He'll sit out for a year or two until another cash spending team comes calling and he'll jump.

I thought he was going to be young prodigy. Certainly looks like something different now.
For sure, seems like once the bill is due for all those "Win now" trades he wants to pull the chute and get out.

KinesProf

Reaction score
It makes a lot of sense. He's had an incredibly successful stint as the Rams head coach, with one Super Bowl victory and an additional NFC championship; but these jobs tend to run their course.

At 36 years old and recently married I would totally understand stepping away to live a less stressful, less demanding life with a well paying tv gig. He can raise/start a family, be a present father/husband, and will still be in consideration for HC gigs in his 50s if he wants to get back in.

I understand sticking around for the 2022 season, as you have to take a shot at the repeat; but now a reset of some sort is in order.