Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2lqdi8jl said:
Marvin49":2lqdi8jl said:
Ah.

Alexsmithitis.

I know it well. Poor guy. :D
Too bad all you guys still suffer from SeahawksDBsCheatitis, too. :lol:

Hey now, not ALL of us. :)

I think they are a bit handsy with WRs, but hell...if the refs don't call it then I hope the Niners do it too. :D

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If I could have one wish come true for Christmas, it'd be that every NFL fan carefully read the NFL rule book. Most fans don't know that DBs can touch a WR while they are running their route all they want as long as they don't "significantly impede the progress" of that receiver. There are some surprising tidbits in there. Bottom line is our guys are aggressive, very well coached, and within the rules almost all of the time. Way more so than 31 other fan bases believe them to be.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":5jh9mgrh said:
If I could have one wish come true for Christmas, it'd be that every NFL fan carefully read the NFL rule book. Most fans don't know that DBs can touch a WR while they are running their route all they want as long as they don't "significantly impede the progress" of that receiver. There are some surprising tidbits in there. Bottom line is our guys are aggressive, very well coached, and within the rules almost all of the time. Way more so than 31 other fan bases believe them to be.

Well...I'm not referring to just having their hands on them...

...but point well taken. Lets be real though. They get away with more than the letter of the rulebook just as O-Linemen get away with Holds and Justin Smith gets away with grabbing a guy on a stunt.

Actually...that Justin thing is a good example....all teams are taught to do it...he's just REALLY good at it.

That's why I'm sayin....I'm not complaining about the contact. I'm sayin' if the refs are going to call it that way, lets take advantage of that and do the same. Lets draft Jean-Baptiste and McGill or players like that and man up on every down. Works for me. :)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Every O-line in the league gets away with more stuff (holding) outside the rules than the Legion of Boom does, when it comes to what's allowed and what's not. That doesn't mean they never go past the rules. Of course they do. Show me a player that has played a few seasons that has never drawn a flag. It's the "they get away with murder" whining from fans of approximately 31 other teams that annoys me, because our guys do not, in fact, get away with murder. :)

Here's one of the more relevant parts of the rule book regarding this topic. Look at 2a in particular. "Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent's opportunity to make the catch." Think about what that means. So even if you AREN'T "playing the ball", a.k.a. trying to break it up or intercept it, you can contact the receiver in myriad ways as long as it doesn't restrict his opportunity to make the catch. If you ARE playing the ball, a.k.a. you turn your head and look and the ball turns out to be even remotely in the vicinity of "catchable", the rules are relaxed considerably.

Nfl rule book pass interference

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3kpyrngb said:
Every O-line in the league gets away with more stuff (holding) outside the rules than the Legion of Boom does, when it comes to what's allowed and what's not. That doesn't mean they never go past the rules. Of course they do. Show me a player that has played a few seasons that has never drawn a flag. It's the "they get away with murder" whining from fans of approximately 31 other teams that annoys me, because our guys do not, in fact, get away with murder. :)

Here's one of the more relevant parts of the rule book regarding this topic. Look at 2a in particular. "Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent's opportunity to make the catch." Think about what that means. So even if you AREN'T "playing the ball", a.k.a. trying to break it up or intercept it, you can contact the receiver in myriad ways as long as it doesn't restrict his opportunity to make the catch. If you ARE playing the ball, a.k.a. you turn your head and look and the ball turns out to be even remotely in the vicinity of "catchable", the rules are relaxed considerably.

Nfl rule book pass interference

lol.

oi.

I'm not trying to argue with you. :D Just sayin I'd prefer out DBs played like yours. Its a compliment.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Somebody should point out article four to any ref calling a Bronco or Packer game.

JZ#1

Reaction score
Who remembers the Rams fans that were here last year riding Jared Cook's ballsack.

The Rams should seriously trade down and grab Bridgewater. Teddy Bridgewater is gonna fall due to his bad pro-day. But honestly, I could easily see him being the best QB in this class.

dcbshowstopper

Reaction score
JZ#1":nwx5puiu said:
Who remembers the Rams fans that were here last year riding Jared Cook's ballsack.

I remember that. Many rip Cook because of his contract but he quietly put together a good season for the Rams last season. Cook broke the Rams single-season tight end yardage record with 51 receptions for 671 yards and that was with Clemons throwing to him for over half the season. He could have definitely performed better, but was still pretty good overall.

Marvin49

Reaction score
JZ#1":28dqydsu said:

The Rams should seriously trade down and grab Bridgewater. Teddy Bridgewater is gonna fall due to his bad pro-day. But honestly, I could easily see him being the best QB in this class.

I do. I remember him mouthing off that Cook was the most athletic TE in the league. I remember telling him Vernon Davis was.

I remember him saying he didn't remember Davis running 4.5 or having a 41 inch vertical. I remember responding that he was right...Vernon ran 4.38 and had a 42 inch vertical.

Then I don't remember him having a response.

RedAlice

Reaction score
That was RamzFan. I am sure after the draft him or his other bed buddies will be back here and on all other boards in force.

Waiting.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
while the Rams draft is kind of fun to watch because of those first two picks, the Niners have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. And not many places to put those guys, let alone all the later round picks they have.

Trent Baalke might not have my drafting respect for his talent evaluation, but he has it for turning Alex Smith into an annual pick bonanza that allows him to move around as he sees fit. In fact, I will not be surprised at all if the Niners get a CB and WR in the first round.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":34ft5wt1 said:
while the Rams draft is kind of fun to watch because of those first two picks, the Niners have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. And not many places to put those guys, let alone all the later round picks they have.

Trent Baalke might not have my drafting respect for his talent evaluation, but he has it for turning Alex Smith into an annual pick bonanza that allows him to move around as he sees fit. In fact, I will not be surprised at all if the Niners get a CB and WR in the first round.

Ya know, I see a lot of people say that these days...the part about them not having enough roster spots for all those picks.

It is partially true, but not as true as it was in the past. They actually do have some holes to fill this year. WR (Crab is in his last year), probably 2 corners, a safety (Bethea is a stopgap), O-Line (Iupati in his last year), OLB (Aldon future in question), and several other needs.

I don't see them making 2 first round picks. I see them moving around, but they'll use several of those picks.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":5uc7hfag said:
I'm not psychic, I'm just making a prediction which may be wrong. I seriously am wondering how many more years half of the Rams fan base plans to give Bradford a pass for, though. He's starting his fifth freaking year in the NFL, and he's still giving the world gems such as this:

811357057.gif

This was the play his OC had drawn up in that video:
Ultimate_BSchott_626fyayl_6kwcizcy.png

RedAlice

Reaction score
I know it's all smoke and lies....but I found some momentary pleasure in the mocks w Manziel to Rams.

I'm over the debating. May 8 cannot come soon enough.

Latest posts