Rams just fired Jeff Fisher

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping he would stick around long enough to claim "losingest coach ever" honors by himself.

djb28

Reaction score
Yeah, Now watch the next man up be their surprise find as a coach then draw up some freaking miracle game plan and beat us 40 - 0. Because that is our luck!

I feel like a beaten dog. I flinch at everything!

uncle fester

Reaction score
Dammit, watch the Rams players suddenly start playing for their new coach/contract/careers.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Ramfan128":15fd8zav said:
Thank you sweet little baby Jesus.

A Christmas miracle!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

Merry Christmas to you, Rams fans. I have to admit, I find it more than a litte baffling that you would announce that you signed a guy to an extension, then fire him before the end of the season. Frankly, I guess something had to be done. Things had gone from the ridiculous to the sublime, with Fisher misplacing his challenge flag, then squabbling with Eric Dickerson, etc.

This is just a really bad year for the NFC West. The Rams and Niners make sense. They both have dysfunctional front offices. The Cards are a bit baffling. Turns out the new sherriff was just a loudmouth guy with a dopey hat.

And of course we have our own issues to work out as well.

Strange year.

Rambitious

Reaction score
bmorepunk":jfkkmbbq said:
He signed a contract extension eight days ago.

What the actual hell.

No he didn't.

That was signed in the last off season.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Rambitious":1kx0flqs said:
bmorepunk":1kx0flqs said:
He signed a contract extension eight days ago.

What the actual hell.

No he didn't.

That was signed in the last off season.

Well, just rub it in.

Seriously, I had no idea the difference between extension being performed before season and the announcement last week. You can't blame me, it's hard to keep track of such a dysfunctional organization.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2bcqxntc said:
Probably, Bmore. Now he may never get it, haha.

I wonder how long until we see RedAlice explode from happiness?

I spontaneously screamed so loud. Thanks Ro!!!

My mom thinks I'm insane.

I cannot stop smiling.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
uncle fester":z1lh16kd said:
Dammit, watch the Rams players suddenly start playing for their new coach/contract/careers.

Yup, teams always come out fired up in these kind of situations. If I was a betting fan, I would take the Rams with that huge point spread.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Damn, if they get a coach who can utilize their talent, we may have a challenger to the throne.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
uncle fester":lkfpasz4 said:

That's what I'm afraid of. The Rams have a ton of talent. They might have just gotten a reason to tap into it this week.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I want to say this is bad, but Fisher has our number. I'm looking forward to more wins against the Rams.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Barakas":1ll2j235 said:
NOOOOOOOO!!!! Making him the losing'est coach on Thursday night was going to be how we bounced back!!!

:lol:

My thoughts exactly.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
What a dysfunctional front office. I guess they really can't find anyone worse as a head coach, however. Eric Dickerson must be feeling pretty good right now though, haha.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
xgeoff":2r2esnhe said:
Ramfan128":2r2esnhe said:
Thank you sweet little baby Jesus.

A Christmas miracle!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

Merry Christmas to you, Rams fans. I have to admit, I find it more than a litte baffling that you would announce that you signed a guy to an extension, then fire him before the end of the season. Frankly, I guess something had to be done. Things had gone from the ridiculous to the sublime, with Fisher misplacing his challenge flag, then squabbling with Eric Dickerson, etc.

This is just a really bad year for the NFC West. The Rams and Niners make sense. They both have dysfunctional front offices. The Cards are a bit baffling. Turns out the new sherriff was just a loudmouth guy with a dopey hat.

And of course we have our own issues to work out as well.

Strange year.

Apparently he was signed before the season. I was in my kitchen in front of the refrigerator when I got the update that he was signed to a contract extension. I was frozen and couldn't speak; my wife asked what was wrong. Nearly had tears in my eyes as I told her in a monotone that we extended Fisher. The more I read into it, the more I relaxed - apparently the extension could be thought of as a bonus and thank you to Fisher for moving the Rams to LA; and perhaps a tactic to lure another coach (showing that while Kroenke knew it was time to move on, he WAS thankful for what Fisher did while he was here).

As for the NFC West - the Niners make sense, the Rams make sense from a Fisher/travel/distraction perspective.

The Cardinals - Palmer is not going back to his level from last year, and without that the Cardinals just aren't the same. Their defense was always a tad overrated too (nowhere near the Seahawks level).

Seahawks - they're a weird team. Beat the Patriots in NE and get beaten down by the Packers, who have been struggling all year. Strange.