Rams v Packers

keasley45

Reaction score
hoxrox":3bs6i4z6 said:
It helps to have a good stable of running backs too. Aaron Jones is really good.

Yeah. I'm not as familiar with the Williams guy but he looks really effective.

But Jones...

Fast. Powerful, elusive.

Zap90

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3sio7v87 said:
Zap90":3sio7v87 said:
James in PA":3sio7v87 said:
So envious of the Packers’ offense. Moving up and down the field on these beeotch Rams and getting Donald frustrated. Must be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s because they had a bye

If we rested our players they woulda been fresh and played a lot better

Are you saying an extra week of rest would have led the coaches to not call such a crappy, lazy game?

Our OL and running would function better

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1sf6w3ql said:
Hawaii-hawk":1sf6w3ql said:
keasley45":1sf6w3ql said:
Hawaii-hawk":1sf6w3ql said:
Being dynamic and unpredictable with good execution can make even the league number 1 defense look hapless.

17-3 now. Packers have scored on every drive, and are controlling the rams so much they’re finding it tough to make substitutions. 1 free play on a flag and 1 burned timeout because of too many men on the field.

Meanwhile the answer to all our problems is “run more” from Pete Carroll. Ugh

The Packers are winning because they are running the ball absurdly well.

Is your analysis always so shallow and one dimensional? Is that you Pete?
16 of those 19 points came from the running game. The last 25 second drive for 3 was all Rodgers. They'll pound the Rams with run between the 20's and Rodgers will pay it off in the red zone. Sound familiar?

The first half was almost dead even in the packers run to pass ratio, and Rodgers completed 14 of 19 while the run averaged about 5 yards a carry so I’m really confused how you can assign all the credit to the run and zero credit to the pass until the last few seconds. Rodgers was very efficient and throwing all over the place to a myriad receivers. Again, very shallow analysis from some of the people on here

hawk45

Reaction score
keasley45":g7q3g8c9 said:
Hawaii-hawk":g7q3g8c9 said:
keasley45":g7q3g8c9 said:
Hawaii-hawk":g7q3g8c9 said:
Being dynamic and unpredictable with good execution can make even the league number 1 defense look hapless.

17-3 now. Packers have scored on every drive, and are controlling the rams so much they’re finding it tough to make substitutions. 1 free play on a flag and 1 burned timeout because of too many men on the field.

No. Just today.

The way to beat the rams is to the run the ball well to slow their pass rush. The Greenbay Packers know that and have done it. 18 rushing attempts in the first half. 4.1 a carry. Making them stop the run makes the pass easier.
Agreed.

Carson averaged 4.8 ypc vs the rams. That schotty didn't ride that more was my biggest criticism of him, amd i expect pete had some rather directed comments to him on the topic as well.

keasley45

Reaction score
Zap90":1rt0m3jz said:
JayhawkMike":1rt0m3jz said:
Zap90":1rt0m3jz said:
James in PA":1rt0m3jz said:
So envious of the Packers’ offense. Moving up and down the field on these beeotch Rams and getting Donald frustrated. Must be nice.

It’s because they had a bye

If we rested our players they woulda been fresh and played a lot better

Are you saying an extra week of rest would have led the coaches to not call such a crappy, lazy game?

People keep dumping on the game plan. The plays were there all game. Just have to execute. That's what's frustrating. Should be us playing right now.

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
keasley45":36wddho4 said:
Hawaii-hawk":36wddho4 said:
keasley45":36wddho4 said:
Hawaii-hawk":36wddho4 said:

No. Just today.

The way to beat the rams is to the run the ball well to slow their pass rush. The Greenbay Packers know that and have done it. 18 rushing attempts in the first half. 4.1 a carry. Making them stop the run makes the pass easier.

their run to pass ratio was almost dead even at the half and 4.1 yards a carry is in no way describable as “absurdly well”. It’s solid, and reliable for picking up short yardage in short down and distance situations which is what we’ve seen but from the first snap the packers were mixing it up beautifully between both which plays exactly into my impression that their dynamism and unpredictability has a heck of a lot more to do with it than simply being good at the run. These guys have mixed in tempo as well. It all comes together to making this be what it is: embarrassing for the rams.

Only on their first drive after the half did I see a dominant run game from the packers. All credit is due there for sure

Polk738

Reaction score
kf3339":31ocp4g8 said:
James in PA":31ocp4g8 said:

Just shows you what happens when the coaches actually know how to game plan. Doesn't it?

GB has arguably the best OL in the league, while Seattle's is average at best-even the most perfect game plan probably wouldn't have mattered much when one guy can literally destroy your entire OL (Donald).

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
keasley45":noou9eii said:
hoxrox":noou9eii said:
It helps to have a good stable of running backs too. Aaron Jones is really good.

Yeah. I'm not as familiar with the Williams guy but he looks really effective.

But Jones...

Fast. Powerful, elusive.
The Williams kid is a rookie I believe. He's big and has good feet. Big RBs that can make the first guy miss or have good enough feet to hit the backside are nice to have.

kf3339

Reaction score
Polk738":36drsnz9 said:
kf3339":36drsnz9 said:
James in PA":36drsnz9 said:

Just shows you what happens when the coaches actually know how to game plan. Doesn't it?

GB has arguably the best OL in the league, while Seattle's is average at best-even the most perfect game plan probably wouldn't have mattered much when one guy can literally destroy your entire OL (Donald).

Sure, our line was the only problem. Okay.

hinton

Reaction score
Watching the GB players call for flags whenever they get stopped in infuriating.

hinton

Reaction score
This GB offence is the blueprint Carroll dreams of.

Getting an Seahawk o-line near the calibre of GBs though... can't see that happening any time soon.

hawks85

Reaction score
So it begins. Packers absolutely DISMANTLED that #1 Defense. I've said it 1000 times, the NFL has an extreme hard-on for a GB vs KC SB. The NFL is so F'ing rigged it isn't even funny. They have their favorites. The state farm commercial boys will be going head to head in the SB, I GUARANTEE IT!!!!

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Just attrition baby. We weren't that good to play with the big boys. Next year, though, for sure. I hope.