Rams wanted Byron Murphy

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score

I would have traded with a team not Seattle if I wanted Murphy that much….

Terrible strategy by the Rams…”let’s see if our division rivals is willing to trade picks with us…”

Especially when Seattle knows the Rams are looking for a successor to Aaron Donald….

Rat

Reaction score

I would have traded with a team not Seattle if I wanted Murphy that much….

Terrible strategy by the Rams…”let’s see if our division rivals is willing to trade picks with us…”

Especially when Seattle knows the Rams are looking for a successor to Aaron Donald….
They probably tried to trade ahead of us first.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I have no doubt that Murphy was #1 for them. I'm glad we kinda screwed with their plans a bit, but unfortunately for us, they're not dumb. They're going with the committee approach to replicate Donald's production, getting Verse, Fiske, and Jackson, on top of having Young and Turner. They still have a very potent pass rush. :(

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I have no doubt that Murphy was #1 for them. I'm glad we kinda screwed with their plans a bit, but unfortunately for us, they're not dumb. They're going with the committee approach to replicate Donald's production, getting Verse, Fiske, and Jackson, on top of having Young and Turner. They still have a very potent pass rush. :(
They get a lot easier to block when you don't have to double Donald.

Thread Killer

Reaction score
The list gets longer and longer.

So far the Rams were trying to trade up for Brock Bowers, Bo Nix, Rome Odunze and now Byron Muprhy II according to media draftniks.

Meanwhile, the Rams beat writer Jourdan Rodrigue states that the Rams didn't make one call after the first 10 selections came off the board.

Last edited:

Ruminator

Reaction score
Wonder if the only thing Rams GM Snead heard when calling other teams during the draft, as soon as he identified himself, was... "click" followed by whatever today's version of a dial tone is.

Chevy

Reaction score
It's nice to think the Rams wanted to trade up for Murphy. I have a friend, who is a Rams fan, and he wanted them to trade up for Penix, which makes more sense than Murphy. The Rams targeted Fiske, whom was the best pass rushing DT in the draft. The Rams defensive line is still going to be a problem if we try throwing on them.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You don't know that he didn't want Penix. None of us do.
Rams probably DID want Murphy. He's a fricken beast. And the Hawks or another team trying to trade up for Penix isn't some crazy notion. Him and his team has one bad game and all the sudden he's Dan McGwire :rolleyes:

Latest posts