Random Musings

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
-- The Lynch Experiment DELIVERED. Sure he was stuffed a few times but who wouldn't be with our god-awful state of affairs at OL right now? There were runs and that TD! Wow, talk about turning back the clock. Worth the price of admission.

-- Poor Russ. Has no protection, and a coaching staff that won't let him adjust and take over a game until the 4th quarter when it is too late. Imagine if the coaches let Russ be Russ for 4 quarters??? Unstoppable.

-- The 12's brought it tonight. Absolutely playoff atmosphere.

-- Our defense was pretty bad tonight. But you can't blame effort. Clearly the team came out fired up and ready to play but the missed tackles? Ugh. They made Jimmy G look waaaaay too comfortable in his first outing in Century Link, especially under these circumstances.

-- What the F was that delay of game all about at the end?!?!?!?!?

-- The league absolutely screwed us on that PI in the endzone they didn't bother taking a look at. I mean, REALLY???!

-- This loss may be a blessing in disguise. Had we won, we face the Vikings at home in the wildcard. Cool. Next. Then we would have had to go to the Saints for the divisional. The Saints? The best NFC team right now? No thank you. Now, we go on the road to face the depleted Eagles. Cool. Not a guarantee but next. If we make it out of there we get to go back to San Fran for REDEMPTION. YES PLEASE.

-- 11-5. They matched my prediction for the season. Well done. However, injuries really derailed the team from doing what they are supposed to do best which is FINISH. Instead, 10-2 turned into 11-5. Russ lost his MVP title in early December. It's a shame but I am still very, very proud of this team and what they have accomplished this season so far, and for what can still be ahead for them.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Watching the post game show on NBC (5th Quarter with Paul Silvi, Walter Jones and John Clayton) I think their mood reflects mine. There's not that usual somber aura after a bad loss. A lot of joking, smiles, good interviews...Nobody is hanging their head like a funeral. And the reason is simple. The Seahawks are in the dance.

It's 0-0 people. 12 lucky teams get to play the game and see who outlasts them all.

We are one of those lucky 12s (Coincidence?)

Sure, it BLOWS that the 49ers beat us by literally an inch to clinch the division title in our house but make no mistake...Getting to the playoffs ain't no right. It's a privilege. This team is smart enough to realize they have another shot of redemption and it starts next Sunday against the Eagles.

John63

Reaction score
Aros":2ii2u7bm said:
-- The Lynch Experiment DELIVERED. Sure he was stuffed a few times but who wouldn't be with our god-awful state of affairs at OL right now? There were runs and that TD! Wow, talk about turning back the clock. Worth the price of admission.

-- Poor Russ. Has no protection, and a coaching staff that won't let him adjust and take over a game until the 4th quarter when it is too late. Imagine if the coaches let Russ be Russ for 4 quarters??? Unstoppable.

-- The 12's brought it tonight. Absolutely playoff atmosphere.

-- Our defense was pretty bad tonight. But you can't blame effort. Clearly the team came out fired up and ready to play but the missed tackles? Ugh. They made Jimmy G look waaaaay too comfortable in his first outing in Century Link, especially under these circumstances.

-- What the F was that delay of game all about at the end?!?!?!?!?

-- The league absolutely screwed us on that PI in the endzone they didn't bother taking a look at. I mean, REALLY???!

-- This loss may be a blessing in disguise. Had we won, we face the Vikings at home in the wildcard. Cool. Next. Then we would have had to go to the Saints for the divisional. The Saints? The best NFC team right now? No thank you. Now, we go on the road to face the depleted Eagles. Cool. Not a guarantee but next. If we make it out of there we get to go back to San Fran for REDEMPTION. YES PLEASE.

-- 11-5. They matched my prediction for the season. Well done. However, injuries really derailed the team from doing what they are supposed to do best which is FINISH. Instead, 10-2 turned into 11-5. Russ lost his MVP title in early December. It's a shame but I am still very, very proud of this team and what they have accomplished this season so far, and for what can still be ahead for them.

Great post spot on!!

THE TABS

Reaction score
The biggest negative about the loss was we just gift-wrapped HFA to the one team I didn’t want to get it!

PC’s game management has always been a major issue, and Russ has been erasing his mistakes all season, but couldn’t overcome it this time. Unfortunately, that’s how I see our season ending, with Pete hamstringing us one last time.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
THE TABS":oda7macs said:
The biggest negative about the loss was we just gift-wrapped HFA to the one team I didn’t want to get it!

PC’s game management has always been a major issue, and Russ has been erasing his mistakes all season, but couldn’t overcome it this time. Unfortunately, that’s how I see our season ending, with Pete hamstringing us one last time.

Actually, I would rather the NFCCG go through San Fran than New Orleans or Green Bay. It is MUCH easier to win there than it is to win in the dome or at Lambeau. The only problem is, if we beat Philly, and the Saints beat Minny, then we go to San Fran in the SEMIS. If Minny wins, then they go to San Fran and we go to Lambeau. Lets say we play spoiler, and the high seeds win out other than us. We will go to San Fran, then Lambeau after the Packers beat NO. If NO beats the Packers, then we would go to the dome for the NFCCG. The Vikes are not out of this however. All we can do is win and let the chips fall where they may.

Latest posts