Rapoport: Seahawks Claimed Josh Gordon!

SeaMeat

Reaction score
Yeah.... based on his recent history, I can't get too excited.... yet

I TRULY hope that this turns into an awesome move for the team and fans.

Aiunahthar

Reaction score
I was really hoping for this. Pete is usually good with problem children and the upside on him is way too good to pass on. I bet they'll get him cheap on a prove it deal.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
REALLY surprised Gordon made it all the way down to us on the waiver claim order, we were #28.

That's really shocking.

Polk738

Reaction score
I guess he's healthy from a knee injury he sustained in Week 6, but I haven't watched much tape of him this season, Thoughts??

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Lockett, Metcalf, and now Gordon; Russ should never have to throw another pass that doesn't travel at least 40 yards in the air!

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Absolutely pumped on this. As long as he stays clean, there is virtually no downside to this pickup. Curious who they'll be cutting to make room... Jaron Brown?

Edit: The question was answered quickly. Seahawks cut Dekoda Watson per Tom Pelissero.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of this. Seahawks are always looking for a shiny new toy. The upside is that Gordon's personality doesn't spread like a cancer through the locker room. His problems are self inflicted and he is his own worst enemy. This acquisition is most likely going to be harder on fans than it will be for the team. Don't get me wrong I am rooting for him to do well and he is an extraordinary weapon when right mentally and physically.

I am hoping for a Chris Carter like rebirth and he balls out and take us to the next level but I am prepared for disappointment.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":7y2xctb7 said:
Not a huge fan of this. Seahawks are always looking for a shiny new toy. The upside is that Gordon's personality doesn't spread like a cancer through the locker room.

His personality isn't a problem, it's his addictions. I've never heard of any locker room issues with him.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Aiunahthar":1w6q4rex said:
I was really hoping for this. Pete is usually good with problem children and the upside on him is way too good to pass on. I bet they'll get him cheap on a prove it deal.

They pay his remaining contract....

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Josh Gordon should be treated as a luxury and someone the franchise can never rely upon.

It is unfortunate, but if you think Josh Gordon will NOW be clean on his Nth+1 chance then you are mistaken.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":1khh4neg said:
Not a huge fan of this. Seahawks are always looking for a shiny new toy. The upside is that Gordon's personality doesn't spread like a cancer through the locker room. His problems are self inflicted and he is his own worst enemy. This acquisition is most likely going to be harder on fans than it will be for the team. Don't get me wrong I am rooting for him to do well and he is an extraordinary weapon when right mentally and physically.

I am hoping for a Chris Carter like rebirth and he balls out and take us to the next level but I am prepared for disappointment.

What are you talking about? He has no personality problem. You are literally making stuff up and using it to form an opinion.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2btbyo4j said:
Aiunahthar":2btbyo4j said:

They pay his remaining contract....

Which is $1,072,059.00 and he becomes a free agent at the end of the year, It's a real low risk move on a high risk player.

[urltargetblank]https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/josh-gordon-11012/[/urltargetblank]

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Rat":23jjc9lk said:
bevellisthedevil":23jjc9lk said:
Not a huge fan of this. Seahawks are always looking for a shiny new toy. The upside is that Gordon's personality doesn't spread like a cancer through the locker room.

His personality isn't a problem, it's his addictions. I've never heard of any locker room issues with him.

Exactly what I said. Personality doesn't seem to be an issue.

Latest posts