Rashaad Penny visits Seattle

WarHawks

Reaction score
I was surprised to see recently that McIntosh was actually a full second faster than Walker in straight line speed. Curious what shape Penny is in now. He was a home run threat when healthy.

flv2

Reaction score
The Seahawks need a RB with pass-blocking and receiving skills for 3rd down passing situation. I don't think Penny fits that bill but if management wants a competition for the #3 RB position without guaranteeing any money then fair enough. Penny has at least proven to be a difference maker in the past. Adding 1 or 2 rookies to compete for RB spots is also fine.

chris98251

Reaction score
You bring him in check the physical aspect and then put his name on a call up list if something happens, we have three guys, two established and one that has all the earmarks of being a good return guy and plays like a wrecking ball when given a chance and can catch the ball and will be cheaper than Penny. Additionally he has never had the strongest work ethic unless pushed by Peterson.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'd like to see Penny back. He had a historic run of 5 or so games when healthy, even behind an annually maligned Seahawks line. Penny had another game won for the Hawks that year, but Russell and the crap D gave away to the Bears. When healthy, Penny is a gamebreaker.

I was baffled why Penny got zero playing time in Philly, but now I'd have to guess it was the injury, and as someone pointed out, it's not just broken bones, but ligaments and other tissue that needed to recover. Bring him in to camp and whatever happens, happens. Injury settlement release during camp or 1,000 yard season, each within the realm of possibility. Sign AP as a consultant to give weekly pep talks to Penny and bring a belt.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Flyer on a 4th RB...who WHEN HEALTHY is pretty damn good....small contract low risk high reward...why not?
Yet being healthy how much did he play after leaving the Seahawks? He had ELEVEN carries for the season. He is crap.

edit: but just talking to him doesn't hurt.

Scout

Reaction score
Penny would be good insurance in case of injury to the other RBs ironically. Can never have enough RBs on speed dial.

But my instincts tell me with the new KO rules that JS is going to be drafting a RB at some point in the draft to replace D. Dallas.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Running. That's what straight line speed means.
Running in a straight line... how far exactly? 40 yards? 100 yards? 1/4 mile? Some other distance? Without knowing that, a 1 second difference in speed could be anything from insignificant to momentous.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Penny would be good insurance in case of injury to the other RBs ironically. Can never have enough RBs on speed dial.

But my instincts tell me with the new KO rules that JS is going to be drafting a RB at some point in the draft to replace D. Dallas.
You do know, don't you, that we have another RB on the roster already?

Why do so many people here seem to completely forget Kenny McIntosh exists?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Perhaps b/c we never saw him play in any regular season game last season.

McIntosh is a very capable RB who was kinda stashed on IR last season. I suspect he'll be VERY ready to go as soon as the hitting starts for real.

Scout

Reaction score
You do know, don't you, that we have another RB on the roster already?

Why do so many people here seem to completely forget Kenny McIntosh exists?
I didn't forget about him but because RBs are always injured you always stack the position.