Rasheem Green headed to Texans

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
He was effective when used. Makes sense seeing as how our EDGE room got a little crowded after the draft.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Dude had no consistency from year to year. One year he looked like complete sh!t. Wish him well tho I think Pete learned his lesson to never draft a D lineman from the Pac 12 again. Softer than butter on a hot day

Jville

Reaction score
It's all about perspective I suppose ...........

Pete Carroll & Company did right by Rasheem Green in availing him to 66.8% of the available snaps on defense. That afforded Green the opportunity to show what he is about. He should be a good fit with Lovie Smith's four man rush in Houston.

Green now joins a defensive line that features Jonathan Greenard, Jordan Jenkins, Kingsley Keke and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, the Houston native that began his career with the Los Angeles Rams but signed a one-year, $3.25 million deal in March as part of the first wave of free agency. https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/...efensive-end#gid=ci02a02a73e0002718&pid=nfl-5

.................. best wishes for success in Houston.

rcaido

Reaction score
I really liked him, not sure why we didnt keep him. He is only 24years old, still so much upside.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I thought he was better coming off the edge than inside and thus wasn't a great fit going forward. As a result as a UFA he wasn't going to get paid by the Hawks.

I wish him good luck going forward and think that perhaps in a new scheme he might be able to have more success.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Been hearing about upside of Green for years. No bend, big and fairly fast, but a very average player.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Dude had no consistency from year to year. One year he looked like complete sh!t. Wish him well tho I think Pete learned his lesson to never draft a D lineman from the Pac 12 again. Softer than butter on a hot day
I don’t get the hate by some on Green. The guy was 20 when they drafted him and he showed a fairly steady progression in his game. Not every player is going to be an all pro or pro bowler.

I’ve seen some say he’s too small. 6’4” 280 lbs. in 4 years as a Seahawk he had 13.5 sacks. At 24 years old and with 4 years of professional experience he’s going to have a nice career ahead of him. Solid contributors are important to any team. I have a feeling over the next few years we will see some good things from him and there will be some on here wondering why he wasn’t retained.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I don’t get the hate by some on Green. The guy was 20 when they drafted him and he showed a fairly steady progression in his game. Not every player is going to be an all pro or pro bowler.

I’ve seen some say he’s too small. 6’4” 280 lbs. in 4 years as a Seahawk he had 13.5 sacks. At 24 years old and with 4 years of professional experience he’s going to have a nice career ahead of him. Solid contributors are important to any team. I have a feeling over the next few years we will see some good things from him and there will be some on here wondering why he wasn’t retained.
All true, but with solid contributors it often comes down to what a team is willing to pay. I'd like to see the contract he signed with Houston.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't think the team felt he was a fit with the defense they are now running.