Rawls - "I'll be ready for Training Camp"

TwilightError

Reaction score
I'm only worried about him staying healthy. His style is not easy for the body..

andyh64000

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":dj7z3hzg said:
andyh64000":dj7z3hzg said:
He looked pretty healthy yesterday at the softball game.

Just a small amount of limp, but nothing major.

I didn't notice it. My limp however was much more pronounced ;).

andyh64000

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":140qwgqn said:
andyh64000":140qwgqn said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":140qwgqn said:
andyh64000":140qwgqn said:
He looked pretty healthy yesterday at the softball game.

Just a small amount of limp, but nothing major.

I didn't notice it. My limp however was much more pronounced ;).
Flare-up?

:)

Forgot my age and pulled a hamstring...but it was worth it.

TAB420

Reaction score
Rawls was an animal at the softball game, and he stole the show. On a lighter note, Brits a hell of a softball player.

andyh64000

Reaction score
TAB420":1amvr5oa said:
Rawls was an animal at the softball game, and he stole the show. On a lighter note, Brits a hell of a softball player.

I don't think Rawls had ever played before :).

Yeah...now I see the Britt athleticism the seahawks love so much. He made an amazing diving stop on a blast hit by Zach Levine.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1gwy5h6v said:
Popeyejones":1gwy5h6v said:
In the beginning of July every rehab in the NFL is going "phenomenal" and much faster than expected.

He was fun to watch during his stretch of play before he got injured last year so I hope he's 100% by the start training camp, but these statements at this point in the calendar need to always be taken with a whole truckload of salt.

Thanks Popeye, we wouldn't want to be optimistic about our running backs return or anything. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to let us know that whatever he says right now is meaninglesss.

Is he wrong?

I'll bet if Popeye was a Seahawk fan you wouldn't be giving him a hard time.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm with Popeye. It's great to hear that he feels good about his rehab and a lot better than him saying that he won't be ready, but the proof will be in the pudding. There's a big difference between a player pronouncing that he'll be ready for camp and showing his stuff on the field.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Great news. That said, I don't want Rawls to be a 25-carry-a-game guy. If that gives the best shot at winning, that's one thing, but I suspect the recent investment in running backs indicates that Cable and Bevell want to rotate fresh legs into the game early and often.

Having a tandem of young running backs with a variety of skills has me excited. Fantasy football be damned, I hope carries are split up so that when the playoffs roll around, the Hawks have fresh legs and can run their opposition into the ground.

sutz

Reaction score
nanomoz":vundx8vd said:
Great news. That said, I don't want Rawls to be a 25-carry-a-game guy. If that gives the best shot at winning, that's one thing, but I suspect the recent investment in running backs indicates that Cable and Bevell want to rotate fresh legs into the game early and often.

Having a tandem of young running backs with a variety of skills has me excited. Fantasy football be damned, I hope carries are split up so that when the playoffs roll around, the Hawks have fresh legs and can run their opposition into the ground.
I'm down with that. I don't have a problem with RBBC, at least in the first half. Then, if you get to a place where you are running out the clock with a lead, you go with the guy that has the hot hand from the first half.

I'm pretty sure that Pete has always been the kind of coach that likes players with varying skill sets, so he's ready for any situation. IMHO one or two of the new rooks has a "Reggie Bush" kind of feel to him. ;)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
bigtrain21":6m6pm7n6 said:
Popeyejones":6m6pm7n6 said:
In the beginning of July every rehab in the NFL is going "phenomenal" and much faster than expected.

He was fun to watch during his stretch of play before he got injured last year so I hope he's 100% by the start training camp, but these statements at this point in the calendar need to always be taken with a whole truckload of salt.

Thanks Popeye, we wouldn't want to be optimistic about our running backs return or anything. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to let us know that whatever he says right now is meaninglesss.

Nothing at all wrong with being optimistic (all fans are always optimistic) as long as high hopes that aren't met don't then turn into a bludgeon that's used to blame players, teams, officials, etc. as the real reasons why often unrealistic optimism isn't met.

As I said, I'm absolutely rooting for the guy, not only because as football fans we should be wishing speedy and full recoveries for all players, but also because he was fun to watch last year.

Still though, June and July are BS season for rehabs, turning the corners, breakout nobodies, lights turning on, etc.

IIRC two years ago at this time Marcus Lattimore had made it all the way back to feeling better than before he had been injured before then missing the preseason, going on IR for 8 weeks and then retiring.

There's absolutely no threat of that with Rawls obviously, but I just think keeping one's optimism in check during professional BS season in the NFL ain't always a bad thing. It doesn't mean anyone isn't obviously rooting for him.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
nanomoz":1y96oy60 said:

I agree with this sentiment too. I would like to see one thing tho if they can make it happen, rotation in NOT because we need a first down, but because we just need a different person in. Reason behind this is that we dont want them keying in on a passing play because of a different running back in the backfield. Would rather keep the defensive pawns guessing the play as long as possible. It really is a chess match....

StoneCold

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3bin8y2w said:
bigtrain21":3bin8y2w said:
Popeyejones":3bin8y2w said:

Nothing at all wrong with being optimistic (all fans are always optimistic) as long as high hopes that aren't met don't then turn into a bludgeon that's used to blame players, teams, officials, etc. as the real reasons why often unrealistic optimism isn't met.

As I said, I'm absolutely rooting for the guy, not only because as football fans we should be wishing speedy and full recoveries for all players, but also because he was fun to watch last year.

Still though, June and July are BS season for rehabs, turning the corners, breakout nobodies, lights turning on, etc.

IIRC two years ago at this time Marcus Lattimore had made it all the way back to feeling better than before he had been injured before then missing the preseason, going on IR for 8 weeks and then retiring.

There's absolutely no threat of that with Rawls obviously, but I just think keeping one's optimism in check during professional BS season in the NFL ain't always a bad thing. It doesn't mean anyone isn't obviously rooting for him.

Popeye is like the .Net therapist. He cares. Want a hug?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
chris98251":2ot46qh2 said:
Largent80":2ot46qh2 said:
Man, I love Rawls and so hoping he has a full year. The rest of the NFL is hoping otherwise.

The rest of the NFL is going damn, their guy appears to be coming back 100 percent and they picked up three more just in case guys and are allowing him to get a rest as well.

Would love to see us have a three headed monster like Czonka (Collins) Kiick (Rawls, Michael) and Morris ( Prosise,Brooks) not sure Michael makes the cut.

Then tear them up passing when they try to stop the run.

If Rawls is Kiick.. the rest of the league is going to be in a big hurt, Kiick was ok, but he was nothing near as good as Rawls.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1hpblbso said:
chris98251":1hpblbso said:
Largent80":1hpblbso said:
Man, I love Rawls and so hoping he has a full year. The rest of the NFL is hoping otherwise.

The rest of the NFL is going damn, their guy appears to be coming back 100 percent and they picked up three more just in case guys and are allowing him to get a rest as well.

Would love to see us have a three headed monster like Czonka (Collins) Kiick (Rawls, Michael) and Morris ( Prosise,Brooks) not sure Michael makes the cut.

Then tear them up passing when they try to stop the run.

If Rawls is Kiick.. the rest of the league is going to be in a big hurt, Kiick was ok, but he was nothing near as good as Rawls.

Yep another piss on the fire post, The point is having three types of backs that bring three different looks and elements to the game but able to do others as not to specifically key on a single dimension, tipping you hand or making a look that makes the defense key on a certain aspect while doing something different.

rjas77

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3qvn6jyc said:
bigtrain21":3qvn6jyc said:
Popeyejones":3qvn6jyc said:

Well..since you're obviously trying to make some comparison of Rawls to Lattimore. How many carries did Lattimore have during the regular season..or even in pre-season for that matter?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rjas77":1jse9bgx said:
Popeyejones":1jse9bgx said:
bigtrain21":1jse9bgx said:
Popeyejones":1jse9bgx said:

Well..since you're obviously trying to make some comparison of Rawls to Lattimore. How many carries did Lattimore have during the regular season..or even in pre-season for that matter?
And didn't Lattimore blow out a knee? And didn't Rawls not even require surgery on an ankle?

But let's not let facts get in the way of the agenda.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm getting more and more excited to see our RB's hit the field.

In watching Rawls last year, many times he bounced a run to the outside, or saw a crease that I didn't even see on TV replay, and turned into something really good. It's been said that the OL rounded into shape, and also that Rawls was quicker to the hole than Lynch was in relating to how well Rawls did. I see a lot of the latter, and when the RB is ripping big chunks out, the OL is more enthusiastic about run blocking.

I'm not too worried about Rawls' recovery. They've already said they are going to ease him into training camp, which means that Michael, Prosise and Collins are going to get more reps, which in the bigger scheme of things is good. Also, even if he's not ready, I'm not worried as it looks like Michael can carry the load. Prosise has been slotted into more of a 3rd down role, but he looks like he can carry the load from his college tape. Collins looks like a late round steal, and this is another really good reason I like RBBC this year: he had a TON of carries last year in college. Giving him reduced reps lets him recover from that a little bit.

Then add to that the kid from USC. Sheesh, we probably have the best overall RB talent and depth in the league this year.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hawks46":hbtwimom said:
I'm getting more and more excited to see our RB's hit the field.

In watching Rawls last year, many times he bounced a run to the outside, or saw a crease that I didn't even see on TV replay, and turned into something really good. It's been said that the OL rounded into shape, and also that Rawls was quicker to the hole than Lynch was in relating to how well Rawls did. I see a lot of the latter, and when the RB is ripping big chunks out, the OL is more enthusiastic about run blocking.

I'm not too worried about Rawls' recovery. They've already said they are going to ease him into training camp, which means that Michael, Prosise and Collins are going to get more reps, which in the bigger scheme of things is good. Also, even if he's not ready, I'm not worried as it looks like Michael can carry the load. Prosise has been slotted into more of a 3rd down role, but he looks like he can carry the load from his college tape. Collins looks like a late round steal, and this is another really good reason I like RBBC this year: he had a TON of carries last year in college. Giving him reduced reps lets him recover from that a little bit.

Then add to that the kid from USC. Sheesh, we probably have the best overall RB talent and depth in the league this year.

Yea, I'm not too worried about our RB situation. It didn't seem to matter who we put out there last season... Beast, Rawls, or Michael, they all played well. The big variable is the OL.

monkey

Reaction score
RiverDog":2y6vvs3o said:
Yea, I'm not too worried about our RB situation. It didn't seem to matter who we put out there last season... Beast, Rawls, or Michael, they all played well. The big variable is the OL.
The OLine is the common denominator behind all those RB's doing so well.

Latest posts